Sergi Roberto

gasgas

Because 1, Bellerin is faster.
And 2, He is actually a midfielder, not a RB. Lets not alter this young man's career please. :(

1. If pace were everything Aaron Lennon would have atleast 2 ballon d'ors, Walcott would be worldclass and Ibarbo would be in the TOTY every year
2. No, he's our starting RB so he's actually a RB and also better than Bellerin at that too
3. Yeah we are altering his career for the better, from a bench midfielder, to a starting RB of the best team in the world, and a potential FIFA team of the year candidate in the near future

:)

Jombi

He is crap at CM. potential superstar at RB.

He is great in all midfield positions and RB. Had a great game as RW against Real Madrid as well. He is such a smart player thats why he is performing at such a high level. Just give him match rhythm and see him shine. I've said it for more than a year.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His position is the one where he can help the team the most, and in this very day it is RB... And I agree with gasgas, if he remained a midfielder he would have been loaned already or sitting permanently on the bench in the best scenario, so actually his career changed for the better...

Jombi

His position is the one where he can help the team the most, and in this very day it is RB... And I agree with gasgas, if he remained a midfielder he would have been loaned already or sitting permanently on the bench in the best scenario, so actually his career changed for the better...

Lucho is too timid. He has to basically be forced to play certain players. Pep was much more bold in that regard.

SahanBarca

14390638_694795710678777_6825332309834042230_n.jpg

BerkeleyBernie

He is crap at CM. potential superstar at RB.

Basically agree. In previous seasons, he was very average in the midfield. I recall him consistently working the ball into dead-end areas and throwing positioning out of balance by not adjusting to other players. I believe he has improved overall as a player, but it's also possible he's stronger when sworking from back to front with the field ahead of him, instead of trying to orchestrate from the middle.

Jombi

Basically agree. In previous seasons, he was very average in the midfield. I recall him consistently working the ball into dead-end areas and throwing positioning out of balance by not adjusting to other players. I believe he has improved overall as a player, but it's also possible he's stronger when sworking from back to front with the field ahead of him, instead of trying to orchestrate from the middle.

Thats what happens when you dont play for months and get random sub appearances here and there. He, and other players, need match fitness and match rhythm to perform at a high level. Just look at his performance at DM and as RW against Real Madrid. Brilliant. Give him trust and he'll shine. He's such a smart and composed player.

gasgas

Thats what happens when you dont play for months and get random sub appearances here and there. He, and other players, need match fitness and match rhythm to perform at a high level. Just look at his performance at DM and as RW against Real Madrid. Brilliant. Give him trust and he'll shine. He's such a smart and composed player.

Lol
When we are giving Roberto time in midfield
And what do we do with Gomes, Denis, Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha?

And who do we play at RB?

Do we have to throw the whole team off balance just because Sergi Roberto was once a midfielder and so we believe he must stay there, even though he is worldclass at RB???

The barcaforum logic sometimes :lol:

Not all of this is directed at you Jombi
Take what's yours
The rest is for others

Jombi

Lol
When we are giving Roberto time in midfield
And what do we do with Gomes, Denis, Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha?

And who do we play at RB?

Do we have to throw the whole team off balance just because Sergi Roberto was once a midfielder and so we believe he must stay there, even though he is worldclass at RB???

The barcaforum logic sometimes :lol:

Not all of this is directed at you Jombi
Take what's yours
The rest is for others

Are you drunk or what? Whether he is good as a DM, CM or RW is totally separate from whether he should be removed from his position as RB. Sober up.

gasgas

Are you drunk or what? Whether he is good as a DM, CM or RW is totally separate from whether he should be removed from his position as RB. Sober up.

First off i dont drink alcohol

Secondly you said he should be trusted in midfield
I asked, is it wise to drop any of gomes,iniesta, rafinha, rakitic, denis just so Roberto can play while he is already worldclass at RB

Jombi

First off i dont drink alcohol

Secondly you said he should be trusted in midfield

I said he is good in lots of positions because he is a smart player, he just needs match fitness and trust. Do you understand that there is a difference between believing a player is great in numerous positions, including RB, while at the same time believing he should stay as RB? It shouldnt be too difficult to understand.

opjeoff

Are people hesitant because he used to be a CM or ? Because I can name plenty of world class players who played in different positions when they were younger. Positions change all the time. He's a RB now.

Jombi

Are people hesitant because he used to be a CM or ? Because I can name plenty of world class players who played in different positions when they were younger. Positions change all the time. He's a RB now.

People in here would probably even call Xavi a DM like he used to play and not a real CM and Busquets an AM before he was converted to DM. Busi is not a real DM is the logic of these people.

Versatility doesnt exist according to these people. The position you are born with is the position you play until retirement. And only one position.

Home of Barca Fans