Sergi Roberto

Zincubus

Banned
Roberto doesn't want to leave so his clause is not important. That said, after Messi's renewal he's probably the next in line for a new contract alongside Pique and Iniesta (if he'll decide to stay).

TalkSport just said that Messi has renewed today ...

xXKonan

Ehh I don't think it's as farfetched as it sounds imo. Roberto is a player Pep would love to have in his squad for his versatility alone.

clemente

Roberto is a must have player, I could never imagine him in any other shirt, hes like a face of the team for me, hope he surprises everyone in the midfield next season and earns a spot for himself.

MessiTHEgoat

imo, one of the most underrated players. he was the reason we won both elclasico and the home match against psg.
we should play him more in the midfield , he's got the creativity and the talent. he needs more playing chance at that position.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

imo, one of the most underrated player. he was the reason we won both elclasico and the home match against psg.
we should play him more in the midfield , he's got the creativity and the talent. he needs more playing chance at that position.

If any players are getting the credit for those games it is Neymar and Messi.

Agree Roberto should be given a chance in midfield. Not the answer technically but his energy and ability to get up and down pitch lacks in virtually every other midfielder and could be a big asset.

MessiTHEgoat

sorry, i didn't mean it that way, I meant the last goal in both matches. he broke-through Rma's players and gave the ball to gomez. and finished neymar's ball well in psg's match.

yeah. remember the bernaleo's 4-0 match? lucho played him at LW and he played damn well, he assisted suarez's first goal. and his match against malaga was really good when he played at midfield. tho we lost cuz of neymar's red card.

playing him at RB, a position he knows jackshit about, shafted his potentiel big time. but learnt some defending skills xD

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we sign Paulinho and Valverde does a Lucho in trying to fit him everywhere possible, he's leaving next summer.

It's obvious he loves Barca, but when he considered leaving before, what makes people think he'll stay if you're not even going to get enough minutes in the midfield because other players are preferred ahead of you despite you having shown more.

JamDav1982

If we sign Paulinho and Valverde does a Lucho in trying to fit him everywhere possible, he's leaving next summer.

It's obvious he loves Barca, but when he considered leaving before, what makes people think he'll stay if you're not even going to get enough minutes in the midfield because other players are preferred ahead of you despite you having shown more.

If he is insisting on Mess at AM then will probably be Busi, Raki, Pauli and Sergi for the DM positions. If he is fair then Roberto could have a chance of being starter.

Fuck knows what his plans are for RW if it is Rafinha and Duelofeu then team will do exactly as they did last year and play narrow cutting off left and centre leaving right more free.

Sorry 'Pauli'. Yuk.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he is insisting on Mess at AM then will probably be Busi, Raki, Pauli and Sergi for the DM positions. If he is fair then Roberto could have a chance of being starter.

Fuck knows what his plans are for RW if it is Rafinha and Duelofeu then team will do exactly as they did last year and play narrow cutting off left and centre leaving right more free.

Sorry 'Pauli'. Yuk.

You left out Gomes. A lot of midfielders for two positions where one already is a starter. If he blocked Gomes' transfer as the media claim which I have doubts about, it's fair to say Gomes will get a lot of chances too and so would obviously Paulinho and Rakitic.

I cannot see everyone staying happy. I think the most likely scenario would be Roberto not getting as minutes as he'd want and using that clause in his contract to his benefit next summer.

Home of Barca Fans