Sergi Roberto

Zincubus

Banned
I'm definitely among the minority, but I believe he can establish himself as an elite midfielder. It's very rare that I put so much faith into a player, but with Roberto I strongly believe.

I also feel that he can develope into a top quality player but I'm in an even greater minority as I also feel the same about Gomes ....

springfield

He works hard on the pitch but he's already 25. His hard work covers up his lack of big talent and that's why he will never be world class.

Zincubus

Banned
He works hard on the pitch but he's already 25. His hard work covers up his lack of big talent and that's why he will never be world class.

I actually think is versatility has hampered his progress , I'd have played him in midfield last season when most of the midfielders were struggling ( for differing reasons ) , I'd have played Machernano at RB whenever we had to resort to playing Roberto there .

Zincubus

Banned
Mascherano does not have the fitness anymore to play RB.

He would have been better at RB in the games Roberto played there . Mach maybe wouldn't have been much of an attacking threat but he wouldn't have cost us those goals that Roberto's errors did .

One vital game Roberto tried a risky infield ball that was intercepted and resulted in a goal ... he then made the same mistake two more times in the the following 10 minutes ...

It was just a shame that Roberto was made to play in that position ...

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Roberto never had the world-class potential in him since La Masia days. It's not like his progress has been stalled. He was never considered a big talent like Cesc or Thiago. Although he can improve further but he is already 25 and I believe he is reaching the limit. He will never be good enough to become a starter in Barça especially as a midfielder.

clemente

If we go for 4-2-3-1 with Vidal/Deulofeu on the right wing, Paulinho would definitely make us stronger but Roberto, Denis, Gomes, Alena, Rafinha, and I'm probably missing something will never step on the pitch

Jombi

If we go for 4-2-3-1 with Vidal/Deulofeu on the right wing, Paulinho would definitely make us stronger but Roberto, Denis, Gomes, Alena, Rafinha, and I'm probably missing something will never step on the pitch

Roberto is ten times the player Paulinho is.

MessiTHEgoat

sadly he only got playing time chance in 15/16 season. but he did insanely good considering he was playing in different positions.
until we see what can he deliver as a midfeilder then we can judge him perfectly. my hopes are highs... I see him better than rakitic already and can take his positon. but we'll absolutely need a world class player because that's a must.

clemente

Roberto is ten times the player Paulinho is.

What.. I mean you literally never seen Paulinho play, at CDM position Roberto wasn't even better than Samper or Mascherano. Just an useless thing to say unless you tell me how the fuck is Roberto 10 times better than him

Home of Barca Fans