Sergi Roberto

Jombi

Need to pay the man. Our wage bill is going to be astronomical if we sign Coutinho too.

The reports say we simply cant afford all of this without offloading alot of players. It makes sense. The wage bill is going through the roof. Problem is, the value of our squad is low.

aaron101

Lol...the mention of the wedding makes it seem as if it is the reason given for the counter-offer. One hell of an expensive wedding then.

Lifelong contract? lol seriously? So basically, only him and Iniesta got this kind of contract in the world of football?

xXKonan

Lifelong contract? lol seriously? So basically, only him and Iniesta got this kind of contract in the world of football?
Roberto is considered a golden goose. He's the first player who came through La Masia since Busi that became a starter.

Interesting thing is he wasn't really all that hyped up, if you compare him to the likes of Thiago,Bartra,Muniesa and even to an extent Rafinha as well. Thiago left due to lack of playing time as at the time we had the likes of Iniesta,Xavi and even Cesc in those positions, Muniesa was promising but suffered some bad injuries and Bartra never was trusted by the coaches and by the looks of things he wasn't as good as people thought he could be.

I thought myself the chances of Roberto ever becoming more than just a mere squad player were slim once he was promoted. He was coined the "Patient Midfielder" and his playstyle in the middle was safe and he didn't look all that confident and it gave you vibes that there was no chance he has a long term future here and that he would likely be eventually sold for peanuts.

Yeah boy did he prove a lot of us wrong. The game time he got at DM during the second half of the 2014/15 season kicked everything off, he played well and got people to start looking at him in a more positive light. The 2015/16 season is where everything started looking bright for Bob at RB and in general being a utility player.

2016/17 season he started off great but sadly for a good period he lost confidence as he was constantly being torn to shreds. to be fair to Roberto, not really all his fault as he was thrusted into his new position in a team that was a total tactical/positional mess in Lucho's final season and as the season wore on he regain trust and confidence in himself and gave us moments like the 6-1 win over PSG and that last minute drive in the Classico to get the win.

This season he looks much better and he keeps on improving.

FCBfan22

As soon as Semedo started attacking at the beginning of 2nd half, Valverde should have subbed Vidal for him. Because he didn't most of Semedo's attempts ended in Vidal losing the ball.

Sorin

As soon as Semedo started attacking at the beginning of 2nd half, Valverde should have subbed Vidal for him. Because he didn't most of Semedo's attempts ended in Vidal losing the ball.

I said this many times. Semedo might not be the player that we all desire, going forward, but many times when he tries some runs he either gets ignored or someone botches the one two.
It's not only his fault though he does bare the biggest responsibility in this situation.

I'm positive that if he's given continuity with the same teammates on that right side, he'll show more and more in attack. You can't play him with 2,3 different teammates everytime he is introduced and then conclude that he is shit. A big part of a players contribution also comes from good chemistry with the other blokes in the team.

jamrock

Why the hell is no one talking about this guy, motm people his runs are to die for if you just sit and watch him alone the entire game, you see what a intelligent footballer is.

PhilS

I've been a fan of his for quite a while, but I did not expect him to progress beyond the squad-player level, useful but not a star. This year, you've got to say that he is playing brilliantly, he stands out even on a team of this quality.

Home of Barca Fans