Sergi Roberto

YodaMaster

3 assists in the last 2 games. Now let's look at those 3 assists. The first in the Clasico is a missed cross, Sergi was looking for Alba, missed his cross but Suarez somehow made an assist out of it. The second assist in the Clasico is a Ramos gift, nothing else to say. Today's assist is once again a missed cross, Sergi was looking for Piqué.
2 of those 3 assists were made while Sergi was playing right winger.

But still now we'll hear his fanboys tell us for months and years how great an offensive threat he is... I'll agree that he's a better crosser than Semedo (who's bad at crossing) but Semedo still is the better RB overall.

Did you wonder why Sergi had his best performances in Clasico ? Because he's opponent less on his right wing... Marcelo never defends and Marcelo is one of Real Madrid's playmakers who finds himself pretty much everywhere on the pitch.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Look at our third goal. That's how.

Look at Rayo's first two goals. A relegation team.

Those outweigh his offensive output with the 3rd goal. He routinely struggles against better teams and even teams such as Rayo are troubling him. Shit like that is what kills us in the CL.

We need him to not look like a freaking amateur in defence more than needing his minimal offensive output.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Look at Rayo's first two goals. A relegation team.

Those outweigh his offensive output with the 3rd goal. He routinely struggles against better teams and even teams such as Rayo are troubling him. Shit like that is what kills us in the CL.

Don't remember Roberto being the reason why we got eliminated against Juve and Roma. We were helpless overall against Juve and Dzeko murdered Umtiti & Pique in Rome. If I'm not mistaken Roberto wasn't even playing RB in Rome. Routinely struggles against better teams? Don't agree with that. Actually, Roberto tends to step up in the biggest games. No other available fullback can offer what he offers in the build-up as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't remember Roberto being the reason why we got eliminated against Juve and Roma. We were helpless overall against Juve and Dzeko murdered Umtiti & Pique in Rome. Routinely struggles against better teams? Don't agree with that. Actually, Roberto tends to step up in the biggest games. No other available fullback can offer what he offers in the build-up as well.

The only team he steps up against are Real Madrid and we beat the shit out of them even without Messi and when we're not in a good form ourselves. He's a poor defender and him not being the sole cause for our previous struggles doesn't mean he won't get caught out later.

I'm not even arguing for starting Semedo as I'm not totally sold on that, but I find it ridiculous how some of you are willing to look past all of Sergi's flaws and poor performances just because he made the last cross that resulted in a goal for Suarez.

With an already flawed defence we don't need another defender to totally shit the bed, which he does way too often these days.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The only team he steps up against are Real Madrid and we beat the shit out of them even without Messi and when we're not in a good form ourselves. He's a poor defender and him not being the sole cause for our previous struggles doesn't mean he won't get caught out later.

I'm not even arguing for starting Semedo as I'm not totally sold on that, but I find it ridiculous how some of you are willing to look past all of Sergi's flaws and poor performances just because he made the last cross that resulted in a goal for Suarez.

I find it hilarious that you just spouted a blatant lie like "shit like this is what kills us in the CL" when in reality, Roberto was not even remotely guilty of our two eliminations. The only team he steps ups against are Madrid? Don't agree with that either.

Moreover, do you really think Roberto can be blamed for the second goal? How? I do not remember the first goal properly but if I'm not mistaken, it was a free shot after a poor clearance. Not sure he can be blamed for that too.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans