Sergi Roberto

raskolnikov

Semedo > Sergi Roberto as rb. Problem is he doesnt get a chance to develop into a quality player since Valverde plays favourites and will always play him despite terrible performances.
I like bob, but he shouldnt be the starting rb for us.

pregra

I'd rather have Semedo than Bob if we come up against Neymar, Douglas Costa etc. His speed from a standstill will cost us. Kudos for the assist tonight but crap besides that.

Zidane82

This is getting ridiculous .... I like Sergi Roberto as a midfielder but surely even he knows he's a rubbish RB ... I've actually
lost count of how many goals his inept defending has cost us over the years ...

He was totally responsible for both their goals tonight .. Look back at the highlights to the first when he's the nearest Barca player to the forward but he's slow to close him down and even then he turned his back on the ball to allow him to score ..
The second was even worse ... failed to see the danger and didn't cover the back post ...disasterous defending yet again

Potroh

He was totally responsible for both their goals tonight...

Ah yes he was responsible for both.
But don't expect people to think as straight as this, one will always find those who sincerely believe he is a good defender, apart from being a good average midfielder...

Barcilliant

Being a full back at Barca requires speed and stamina. Roberto lacks speed and his positioning is more of a Rm than a rb.

I would always go with Semedo over Roberto but Valverde has his favorites and will always be a coward. Fuck Valverde.

Cule4life

The Culest
Around minute 30 his lack of awareness about his man behind him gave Jose Pozo a golden chance who saved his blushes by missing a sitter. But ofc the "muh results" and Valverde/Roberto fangirls won't know about that.

Now when Semedo is rusty/low on confidence after extended benching these fanboys will say "See! I told you Roberto was a perfect RB". It's a vicious cycle which can only be broken once we get that fraud of a "manager" out of our club.

biraboyz

Banned
Oh look, the usual HATE train on Roberto just started again :lol: they blame him for that Golazo and the rebound goal. Because he played it is his fault.
The Semedo fanboys are whining because he was benched as if Barca lose Maldini :lol:

Last edited:

Zidane82

Because Semedo doesn't have 5 assists in his whole Barca career.

He's never been given the chance to get into his stride and build confidence

Oh look, the usual HATE train on Roberto just started again :lol: they blame him for that Golazo and the rebound goal. Because he played it is his fault.
The Semedo fanboys are whining because he was benched as if Barca lose Maldini :lol:

He was clearly to blame for both their goals last night - what more is there to discus . He's an average to decent midfielder who can't get into the midfield so we crowbar him to into the RB spot where he is continually found wanting

BADGERBHOY

He was his usual unreliable self in defence last night. I wish we hadn't given him his huge contract. Such an overrated player.

FCBfan22

In this highlight video, which is only 1:37 long, there are 2 crucial defensive mistakes by Bob. 0:21, which almost led to us concieding and 0:53, when we concieded.

[youtube]5NU2q_y9QSw[/youtube]

Yes, he is great in final third, but his defending in our box is just dreadful. Him and Pique on the same side are just a defensive error waiting to happen. At least Pique picked up his form a bit, otherwise we would lose yesterday's game by 2 goals or more.

xXKonan

It's 2018 and after nearly 3 seasons of him playing as an RB, he still has the awareness of a toddler when it comes to defending.

He has no idea what is going on behind him which leads him to panic or mark the wrong player.

Guess that will never change.

biraboyz

Banned
funny thay the defensive ratings of Roberto is higher than the forum favorite Semedo at whoscored or even at futwiz....lmao
tho this doesn't prove that it's true, but comments here doesn't prove that it's true that he is a bad defender either

PhilS

He is clutch. That left-footed long pass to win the game was as good as it gets. When the opponents get tired, he comes through.

soul24rage

He is clutch. That left-footed long pass to win the game was as good as it gets. When the opponents get tired, he comes through.

his stamina is incredible. i still get goosebumps of his run for the third goal vs RM at the bernabeu back in 16/17

Home of Barca Fans