Sergi Roberto

Catta

He earns about 10mil.

Modric,Ramos and kroos don't have this salaray.

LOL

Roberto is getting 10 mil before tax, his net wage is around 5 mil.
Ramos, Kroos and Modric all have wages around 10 mil net, probably even more, since Alaba will be getting 12 mil net, which is around 23 mil before taxes.

Richard.H

I feel like the main reason why he is here is simply because he is Catalan, La Masia, scored that goal vs PSG, and looks like young John Travolta (good for shirt sales). Nothing more and with how bad the club's finances are, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm right....

fergus90

He basically stayed because he was the only La Masia graduate in the Rossell/Bartomeu era to keep the illusion of trusting the academy. I know he was on a couple match day squads during Pep's time but only a few years later did he become a regular feature.

So so average it's untrue. Has no place as a guaranteed starter here.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Dude was in his early 20s and wasn't good enough to play as a starting midfielder, RB, or winger. Should've been binned at that very moment when Lucho started using him as a utility player.

It's like realizing Denis, Alena etc aren't good enough but still keeping them around so they can play as makeshift LBs and the like. Like seriously, fuck off.

Greatest era this club has ever had and instead of capitalizing on that with the insane depth of talent all over Europe we catered to mediocre talents instead.

Bobo32

Who should have been kept or bought instead?

Roberto has been a good squad player, his contract seems a bit much but it is still less than some players that are worse than him and did less for the club.

Richard.H

Who should have been kept or bought instead?

Roberto has been a good squad player, his contract seems a bit much but it is still less than some players that are worse than him and did less for the club.

Roberto has absolutely no business starting over Dest and (possibly) Mingueza this season. He only played during EV's seasons that much because Semedo was terrible and lacked a lot of confidence. He should be just a backup to Dest and Mingueza for now nothing more.

Laplacian

The fuck do you mean who should've been bought instead? Have you been unaware of the number of midfielders that have broken through since 2015 that would've completely enhanced this team's play for the past 4 years?

Windhook

It has nothing to do with the Catalan origin, academy Barca DNA. You can tell better how many other talents left the club in the last 10 years. The fact he's versatile RB/DM/CM/AM/RW is the thing keeping him at the club. He was useful backup player for the club under Lucho and EV, but since the last injury and COVID he seems off. I don't get the idea of Koeman leaving one among Dest/Mingueza on the bench in the last couple of games. That duo is fantastic, much better than left side of Alba/Lenglet or Umtiti.

Bobo32

Roberto has absolutely no business starting over Dest and (possibly) Mingueza this season. He only played during EV's seasons that much because Semedo was terrible and lacked a lot of confidence. He should be just a backup to Dest and Mingueza for now nothing more.

I think in just 1,5 years at the latest nobody will say Dest is so superior to what Roberto has been.
Mingueza is worse than both in the WB position, there you have a player who is limited offensively...

As I've said many times, in this system I'd try to play someone who is more offensively weighed, but Roberto is playing OK.

Birdy

There was a good chance to get rid of him in 2017 when Chelsea were interested.
Stupid Barto board did not rise to the occasion of course

only lacked confidence.
Better than this clown any day of the week

Dest of course is better than Semedo

Porque

Decent homegrown versatile player. These type of players usually stay longer at the home clubs.

The problem is not really Sergi Roberto, but the wage and being thrust to the first team.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Came back just in time to ruin our season, this guy is worthless... Dest, with all his flaws, is miles above of this guy...

Home of Barca Fans