Sergi Roberto

The Observer

Commentator said he'll have to step it up if he wants to stay in Barcelona :lol: Where's Yannick?

Meanwhile Ray Hudson called him the best performer on the pitch despite Messi's goals overshadowing him. Ray Hudson. :worthy:

We all knew he could do this well. Saw it in preseason. He's just a bit nervous right now. This tie was over so he could play relaxed and show his true potential.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Meanwhile Ray Hudson called him the best performer on the pitch despite Messi's goals overshadowing him. Ray Hudson. :worthy:

We all knew he could do this well. Saw it in preseason. He's just a bit nervous right now. This tie was over so he could play relaxed and show his true potential.
Preseason is where Tata saw his potential and he knows with the right amount of minutes and confidence can make him a great midfield player

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Good game, our best midfielder of the night

This won't happen. He's a very different player.

I meant to take Xavi's place in the midfield not replicate his style we might do good with a box to box midfielder acting as our floating pivot in midfield alongside Busi ,Cesc/Iniesta

DinhoR10

People say Sergi is box to box but because of our play style the only time I see him doing any bombarding is on the counter attack (He's good at that might i add) but he does the floating pivot xavi thing most of the time except with a greater defensive contribution.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
:D

BeOFckBCYAA-y8Y.jpg:large

F

Flavia

I like him. But I honestly cannot see him being more than a rotation player. He has little creativity, and more effort than talent.

ebc_99

It's hard to judge such a young player, he could still develop into a top class midfielder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

F

Flavia

I don't see glimpses of genius in him. A lot of people here want him to be better than Thiago, but he's not.

Darko

I don't see glimpses of genius in him. A lot of people here want him to be better than Thiago, but he's not.

totally this, he is so ordinary
plus his 1st touch is bad and his kick the ball a few metres and then run for it "dribbling" is bad, loses the ball too much

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's true. He functions as a passenger player but doesn't do much more than that. He can play in our midfield and not look too out of place, but I don't see what he adds to our play other than effort (which is good though). I don't see that there's anything we rely on him to do or create in a game other than play correctly and not get in the way. As it has been said before, he'll be a good Keita-type player.

For him to develop into a "top class" midfielder he'd have to:

1) Have some sort of standout ability (distribution, vision, flair, intelligence, etc.)
2) Have the confidence bred by talent to grow as a player rather than please others.

Considering there are PLENTY of insanely talented midfielders who never grow to be what was expected of them, his chances of becoming that are to put it lightly, slim. He can develop some sort of useful function like he had with those forward runs on counters but we'll see as he goes on.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Yeah, I don't either really...I think he can become a pretty valuable rotation player but clearly lacks the talent of Thiago...A big reason why the club will have to go into the market to get someone this summer, IMO...Unfortunately, they won't get a better prospect with the money they received for Thiago either, it will cost them more which begs the question, of course, of why they marginalized the player to begin with

Home of Barca Fans