Sergi Roberto

Porque

so-close-jim-halpert.gif

FinBarcelonafan

130K/week is pretty much the default now for good squad players, no? I don't think it's a crazy number for him. But then again I don't hate him too much and think he adds value. It creates a good wage structure as well.

Declining benchwarmer 130k, YIKES. That's no good. I don't care if you are LaMasia or not.

mc_lovin

Declining benchwarmer 130k, YIKES. That's no good. I don't care if you are LaMasia or not.

I don't think it's that black and white. I am really not his biggest fan, but for depth in midfield he's good (see the impact he already had this season). It's preferable to just having Puig, Gavi and Nico as backups.

130K/week for squad player #12-15 doesn't sound too outlandish.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think it's that black and white. I am really not his biggest fan, but for depth in midfield he's good (see the impact he already had this season). It's preferable to just having Puig, Gavi and Nico as backups.

Compared to our ridiculous salaries you are 100% right. I think we should try to reduce the salaries way more though. He was good first few games but that's how he usually is.

Porque

A very balanced take.

Do you think it would be better to maintain his current wage for one season more and look for a rotation option end of season though for 80-140k/week rather than extend Roberto though?

These are the midfielders available for free next summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans..._id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Pellegrini and Kamara (vaguely) have been linked to us previously. Then there are players like Kessie, Goretzka and perhaps Zakaria.

mc_lovin

Compared to our ridiculous salaries you are 100% right. I think we should try to reduce the salaries way more though. He was good first few games but that's how he usually is.

Salaries look quite healthy already (minus Umtiti and Coutinho). There's always more wages to be saved, but we need to draw a line somewhere. We need a competitive wage structure and Roberto fits in there on his new salary. At least in my opinion.

A very balanced take.

Do you think it would be better to maintain his current wage for one season more and look for a rotation option end of season though for 80-140k/week rather than extend Roberto though?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans..._id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Pellegrini and Kamara (vaguely) have been linked to us previously. Then there are players like Kessie, Goretzka and perhaps Zakaria.

That's the football manager approach that can work out, but most likely will end in disaster. I can just recommend people to watch Arsenal, if it's that easy to get good players they wouldn't be in this mess. Even "sure" bets like Partey can implode.

To be more precise: I don't want us to go for a midfield backup to save some wages (at best) or reach for the stars (hit the jackpot). Just focus on a Busquets replacement, that should be our priority at the moment. Don't open another can of worms unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
A very balanced take.

Those players aren't going to come here to sit on the bench.

With Sergi we can be clear that his role is that of a backup's. It's either that or leave for Sevilla or whatever team would be willing to snap him up for free.

Those other players whose contracts run out need to be convinced. I'm sure someone like Kessie will have big interest from both PSG and England. We won't get him by telling him he'll be our #12-15 player.

clemente

Lost the ball like 5 times and we almost conceded from all of those counter-attacks, just so fucking bad, how is this guy still a starter in 2021, I swear I keep asking the same question every year since his promotion

Rory

According to AS he was crying in the dressing room due to whistles from the fans. I didn't notice any whistles?

Also now both our fullbacks cry in the dressing room!

Bobo32

According to AS he was crying in the dressing room due to whistles from the fans. I didn't notice any whistles?

Also now both our fullbacks cry in the dressing room!

But Koeman and Pique noticed and talked about it after the game.
You must have a real ugly heart if you take that reaction as him being a pussy rather than the so called "fans" whistling him being spoilt entitled disgusting creatures

I don't think Roberto voted for Bartomeu.......

Rory

But Koeman and Pique noticed and talked about it after the game.
You must have a real ugly heart if you take that reaction as him being a pussy rather than the so called "fans" whistling him being spoilt entitled disgusting creatures

I don't think Roberto voted for Bartomeu.......

Nah I just had the volume down low. I don't bother watching press conferences so wouldn't know they spoke of it.

Roberto has taken a huge wage way beyond capabilities, exploiting the shocking board at the time. Fans are annoyed due to him turning down the contract proposal of lowering salary. As a la masia club captain that hits hard to the Barcelona crowd, when the club is in financial turmoil and one of your own won't lower their salary to help with this. Despite us paying him too much to begin with.

Home of Barca Fans