Sergi Roberto

behindbrowneyes

Roberto has been very injury-prone in these past 2 years and was more of a fulltime father than a football player. Is he even worth half the salary he is earning now taking the newly-introduced scheme of salaries into account? At least that's the maximum you can reduce the salary of a player IIRC from last year when they negotiated Leo's new contract?!

I doubt Roberto will be satisfied with such a offer. I think it is better for both parties to part ways. Roberto can sign a decent contract somewhere else and have a good career there while Barca can move on from past successes.

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi doesn't want him to leave, but he considers Roberto as a squad player and nothing more. The salary that will be offered will be in regards to his new role as a backup. Massive decrease in other words.

xXKonan

At the moment, Sergi Roberto is convinced that FC Barcelona will NOT renew his contract & he will have to leave the club this summer.
@gbsans

Going by the rumors in the last couple of days, He and his agents overplayed their hands and now the Club isn't in a rush to renew him and they're panicking. What doesn't help him is in the last two years alone he's missed over 54 Games (assuming he's back in April) mostly due to Muscle injuries.

Due to those injuries he's bascially a non entity, and that is likely scaring off decent teams who were probably interested in him and he turns 30 this year and those Muscle injuries aren't going to go away I presume.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Thank god. Him and Dembele, 2 useless muppets are leaving this summer to lower wage bill and help Haalands juicy salary :boss:

JamDav1982

They only wanted to renew him to save some money on this seasons accounts.

Got to point it is late in season probably dont even save that all much soon.

FinBarcelonafan

Poor Roberto didn't realize Barto is not around anymore to hand out big paychecks like candy on Halloween.

True.

Wake up call

Sad in a way. I hope him all the best. He is a nice guy after all.

If he is a real culer he takes 50%. That would be still too much for him because I don't expect him to be a starter, but backup for few spots and get few minutes here and there.

Porque

No point renewing until he shows what kind of level he is when returning from injury. He was slow as molasses when he returned last season. Started this season very well though. Rafinha-esque.

No issue keeping him on as a low-wage squad option though. Can fit a number of roles and from both leaks and Xavi quotes, seems both have fast realized that the new generation has arrived and passed Bobby R already.

iniestaGOAT

No point renewing until he shows what kind of level he is when returning from injury. He was slow as molasses when he returned last season. Started this season very well though. Rafinha-esque.

No issue keeping him on as a low-wage squad option though. Can fit a number of roles and from both leaks and Xavi quotes, seems both have fast realized that the new generation has arrived and passed Bobby R already.

He wants a pay increase hes shocked club is offering him lower wages

Home of Barca Fans