Sergi Samper

God Serena

Ive not seen enough of Samper to judge, well ive seen games but hes never really impressed me, does the simple things well. at the moment hes a Myth, no evidence that he should start games for barcelona

Because everyone knows, if he's not a starter tomorrow he's not Barca material.

Best to loan him out to a La Liga club and see if hes good enough.

And ignore the fact that he's learning to play as CM after playing CDM for years.

Let's just stick him into a La Liga team and hope for the best? Halilovic was our best loan since forever, what makes you think that we'll be able to send him to a proper team for his development?

BBZ8800

And ignore the fact that he's learning to play as CM after playing CDM for years.

Let's just stick him into a La Liga team and hope for the best? Halilovic was our best loan since forever, what makes you think that we'll be able to send him to a proper team for his development?

If we loan him:
1. maybe we will be lucky and he will turn into a great player while on loan
2. or maybe he will fail, get only some minutes, play in the wrong team, play on the wrong position/wrong system while on loan
So, a loan can either improve him a lot or ruin him.

On the other hand, if he stays here and doesn't get loaned, he has very, very small chances to turn into a Barca's level of a midfielder.
In a Bteam he can't improve/learn too much anymore.
In Ateam, he won't get too much minutes in upcoming seasons.

So, a loan doesn't guarantee anything.
But at least it offers some possiblities.
Currently, with staying at Barca, he is "frozen" in time and he isn't improving too much.

khaled_a_d

If we loan him:
1. maybe we will be lucky and he will turn into a great player while on loan
2. or maybe he will fail, get only some minutes, play in the wrong team, play on the wrong position/wrong system while on loan
So, a loan can either improve him a lot or ruin him.

On the other hand, if he stays here and doesn't get loaned, he has very, very small chances to turn into a Barca's level of a midfielder.
In a Bteam he can't improve/learn too much anymore.
In Ateam, he won't get too much minutes in upcoming seasons.

So, a loan doesn't guarantee anything.
But at least it offers some possiblities.
Currently, with staying at Barca, he is "frozen" in time and he isn't improving too much.

Said who?
And anyway ,he has promotion clause and winter transfer is closed .so he will be Barca B player until the end of the season
Whether we loan or keep him is up to Lucho

BBZ8800

Said who?
And anyway ,he has promotion clause and winter transfer is closed .so he will be Barca B player until the end of the season
Whether we loan or keep him is up to Lucho

I meant in general, in future, not only this season.

He won't get too much minutes this season, and surely he won't get more minutes next Season with Iniesta, Rakitic, Arda, (Pogba or who knows which player??), Roberto, Rafinha, (Suarez??) etc.

Imo, loaning is his only chance.
Of course, there is always a chance that he will "explode" in Ateam, but imo, he has much higher chance to turn into Bartra if he stays here and remains xxth or the last choice for a midfield position.

J

Jamie Cal

It's worth taking into account, though, that his matches with the A team have (other than when Gumbo was playing) been at DM, and that's under Lucho. If he's seen as a DM with the first team, there'll be piles of minutes, especially as Masche doesn't have a lot of time left, and (imo at least) Roberto, while a good player at any position, suits having an open pitch infront of him to exploit.

But indeed, if he really is seen as a CM with the first team, he's screwed. None of our current CMs are going anywhere, and there's a good chance Denis or Hali will be added to the mix too. The Bartra correlation could be pretty on point.

khaled_a_d

I meant in general, in future, not only this season.

He won't get too much minutes this season, and surely he won't get more minutes next Season with Iniesta, Rakitic, Arda, (Pogba or who knows which player??), Roberto, Rafinha, (Suarez??) etc.

Imo, loaning is his only chance.
Of course, there is always a chance that he will "explode" in Ateam, but imo, he has much higher chance to turn into Bartra if he stays here and remains xxth or the last choice for a midfield position.

Playing time is good ,but it isn't the only way to develop for a team like Barca
Sometimes training everyday with the best players under a coach who is interested in developing you for a season or more can be actually more beneficial
Just like Roberto did last couple of years
Bartra himself is a much better player now than he was in 2013 IMHO

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Hes 21 years of age now, cant keep saying the future. he be 33 and you be still saying hes one for the future, Football is a short career

Who would you start him over? He's learning his new position with the B team anyhow. He'll be promoted this summer.

Co0ter

He was very, very bad today. Lost the ball cheaply in bad positions and led to counters twice, maybe even three times from what I remember. Generally sloppy. Very disappointed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Same here. I reckon he has the potential but still far away from first team.
Maybe he was tired from Barca match 3 days ago.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He was very, very bad today. Lost the ball cheaply in bad positions and led to counters twice, maybe even three times from what I remember. Generally sloppy. Very disappointed.

Adriano kept giving him the ball when he (Samper) had players on him. I think he'd play better if more of the regulars were present in the defense.

xXKonan

Still has lot to learn.

At this stage he isn't ready to Deputize Busi and I would love to see him being loaned out next season when he gets promoted. The potential is there obviously and Lucho seems to have confidence in him and a good loan for one season to a La Liga team would help him out.

Home of Barca Fans