Sergi Samper

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I thought he did fine but clearly looked a player in need of more minutes or time with the 1st team rather than floundering in the 3rd division. Thought this performance was a step back from the one against Leverkusen but to be expected too I guess

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought he did fine but clearly looked a player in need of more minutes or time with the 1st team rather than floundering in the 3rd division. Thought this performance was a step back from the one against Leverkusen but to be expected too I guess

In what division were Xavi and Iniesta "floundering" before joining first team?

khaled_a_d

Adriano kept giving him the ball when he (Samper) had players on him. I think he'd play better if more of the regulars were present in the defense.

Samper always had players around him ,that is one of his problems not Adriano problem tbf
Samper is good with the ball generally ,but is is the details of his game that keep him away from 1st team .his off the ball game is still poor
He doesn't really put himself in the positions he need to be ,he doesn't have that awareness .
Look at Busquets,Xavi or even Sergi Roberto in the same game .they always know where to be ,whether in defense or offense .many times I was surprised with Roberto movement last night as he was in the positions Samper should be .at times I felt Roberto was doing 2 men job . Samper on the other hand wasn't .many times he just keep himself in his place leading to him being pressed while in defense he sometimes look to the ball too much and forget who he should be defending
I honestly believe that the board has done him good by keeping him with Barca B ,he is growing there and he wasn't good enough for Liga that year and could have wasted his time on the bench of another team .Playing with B team while getting those games and trainings with 1st team is good .
I hope he really fix his game and understanding of the play .could do him really well

xXKonan

He will likely be promoted this summer, but the question is will he stay with the main team or go out on loan? Lucho rates him obviously and praised him, He has the talent but he needs to work on his off the ball movement and Positioning and his ball game a bit.

Galning

He will likely be promoted this summer, but the question is will he stay with the main team or go out on loan? Lucho rates him obviously and praised him, He has the talent but he needs to work on his off the ball movement and Positioning and his ball game a bit.

He will go on loan most probably. Midfield is stacked.

Messi983

I think it would be the best for his development if he was already loaned to La Liga team this season. But I can understand why we kept him last summer with transfer ban (although he didn't get many chances in first team) and also in January with bad position Barça B was at that time.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Good guy Samper. I would include him in the squad in preseason and give him a shot. There is always a possibility to loan him out to another team in the league.

Home of Barca Fans