Sergi Samper

khaled_a_d

To begin with, it depend if Halilovic want to stay at Sporting for an another season.

Alen shouldn't stay there tbh .they are bad team with no offensive plan or threat .
Very young team too ,he will need to move to a club with more attacking approach and power to be prepared for Barca if he isn't gonna comeback in summer .
As someone mentioned in his thread ,he is clearly their best player and now teams game plan will be about shutting him down .I expect tougher 2nd half of the season for him
As for Samper ,he need to move in summer for a club that will at least initially give him playing time at top level .if Rayo is interested and would give him that playing time then they will be best fit

navidjaan

Barcelona consider a loan of B midfielder Sergi Samper (20) in January. Real Sociedad, Sporting, Anderlecht, Porto and Basel options. [md]

Sociedad? Keep Eusebio as far away from our talents as possible.

Sporting? Sergio Alvarez is better, and he doesn't fit their style. Their defensive players are vile and rough. Samper would suffer a whole lot given that they barely have the ball. And when they do have it, they give it to Halilovic, Castro or Sanabria and hope for the best.

Anderlecht? They have two of their most important players at DM: Tielemans and Defour. Samper isn't gonna knock them off just like that in half a year.

Porto? Won't ever become a regular in 6 months with competition like Ruben Neves, Herrera (captain) and Imbula.

Basel? I don't know anything about them other than Embolo and Schär, to be honest, but throwing him to the Swiss League would be a bit random given that he needs to adapt to La Liga level.

Surely there are better options than those.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I never understand why none of our players are loaned to Rayo. The are literally a poor man's Barca and have the style that almost mimics us

navidjaan

I never understand why none of our players are loaned to Rayo. The are literally a poor man's Barca and have the style that almost mimics us

I'm sure that in Samper's case, Luis Enrique wants to send him somewhere where his defending will also improve, and surely Rayo isn't the best place for that. But I'd send him there anyways as there is no other place that'd fit him that well and help his defending. At least Paco Jemez would make him a more intense player. He can be a wuss sometimes :lol:

Alarcón

Been saying since the beginning of the season Lucho doesn't rate Gumbau over Samper and at one point in the season he'd start giving Samper real playing time instead of the garbage minutes Gumbau got, but no one wanted to believe me. "No Lucho hates Samper" "No apparently Samper has bad work ethic" "No I've seen a report in MD or Sport" "No Gumbau played 6 minutes and Samper wasn't called up, that means Lucho rates Gumbau" yeah right.... if people kept track of all the horrible predictions Barcaforum members have made, especially regarding Lucho, 90% on here would be on the wall of shame.

xXKonan

Seen a stat despite not being called up as much as Gumbau,Samper has more minutes played for the First team than Gumbau does this season.

God Serena

Seen a stat despite not being called up as much as Gumbau,Samper has more minutes played for the First team than Gumbau does this season.

Yeah, whenever Samper gets called up he plays at least a half. Gumbau gets brought on mainly for trolling purposes it seems like.

frog-fcb

So I guess the reason Gumbau was called up was to essentially fill the gaps. While Samper was kept in the B team in order to get real playing time.

Most likely that. In a way i actually think lucho called gumbau up as an incentive for samper to try and up his game and for lucho to see if he actually had the fight in him to earn a first team spot

MessiDinho10

It all started when Lucho didn't play Samper in a preseason match but Gumbau got significant game time. In my opinion that is a very good reason to think he doesn't rate Samper (as much).

God Serena

It all started when Lucho didn't play Samper in a preseason match but Gumbau got significant game time. In my opinion that is a very good reason to think he doesn't rate Samper (as much).

Nah man, we just overreacted.

I still reserve the right to re-overreact if Lucho starts trolling us again though.

Home of Barca Fans