Sergiño Dest

Richard.H

I think so far he has been much better than Semedo. Semedo was absolutely the wrong type of RB for Barca. Always scared to attack. Dest on the other hand always pushes forward and attempts to dribble past the defender. I always remember Semedo barely going past the center of the field, and when he did push up it was always a pass back to messi or horizontal pass to dembele.

To me he is a massive improvement from Semedo. Those fullback positions are extremely important for attacking football.

BarcaOG

Banned
I think so far he has been much better than Semedo. Semedo was absolutely the wrong type of RB for Barca. Always scared to attack. Dest on the other hand always pushes forward and attempts to dribble past the defender. I always remember Semedo barely going past the center of the field, and when he did push up it was always a pass back to messi or horizontal pass to dembele.

To me he is a massive improvement from Semedo. Those fullback positions are extremely important for attacking football.

Exactly. I mean, what do people expect--the second coming of Dani Alves? Not gonna' happen folks. Dest is a considerable upgrade over Semedo and Montoya before him. He's certainly better than Mingueza who, damn it, is a CB.

Dest is skillful, dynamic, and forward-looking. He's also very young. He can get much better.

vuji_31

Semedo was here for 4 years and some people still think he could be better. This guy is here 4 months at 19-20 years old.
He needs time, he will be better.

There is no much better young RB's at his age.

Maybe Tarik Lamptey but he will go back to Chelsa (I think).

Andresito

Staff member
This guys technique in small spaces is insane. When he's playing on instinct he can do whatever he wants.

It's when he's running at a defender he doesn't know what to do and usually just runs into him.

Kul_z

This guys technique in small spaces is insane. When he's playing on instinct he can do whatever he wants.

It's when he's running at a defender he doesn't know what to do and usually just runs into him.

Maybe some clear instructions would help him for decision making.
When 20-30 meters away from goal with only one player left, either go all the way by dribbling the player and shoot, or if situation allows go for 1-2 and cross. It would do him wonders.

pregra

That Cruyff turn thingy when he should have gotten a free kick was pretty special. His agility and first step are stunning.

Home of Barca Fans