Sergiño Dest

malvolio

Right, when facing difficulty steering away from the discussion...

You are one of the few here who does not get that Griezman and Braithwate do jobs Suarez cannot do on the pitch.
In your mind it's only about who is the better finisher.

well, yeah. isn't that why all are creaming for haaland to join us? isn't that the job of a striker?

plus the fact that suarez had chemistry with messi and he knows how to play a striker. occupies defenders and opens space for others.

for many people it seems transition is done by getting rid of most the old players and get young ones. us having a competent striker this season would have guaranteed a liga, in a transition season. instead, we are doing the maths on when atletico will falter again.

Birdy

well, yeah. isn't that why all are creaming for haaland to join us? isn't that the job of a striker?

plus the fact that suarez had chemistry with messi and he knows how to play a striker. occupies defenders and opens space for others.

for many people it seems transition is done by getting rid of most the old players and get young ones. us having a competent striker this season would have guaranteed a liga, in a transition season. instead, we are doing the maths on when atletico will falter again.

LOL, ok you don't have a clue right?
Have you ever seen Haaland play?

Haaland is a beast of intensity, running, pressing, opening up spaces, combining and linking up.
He does a million jobs on the pitch current Suarez could not dream of.

You think all top clubs lining up to get just a good finisher?

JamDav1982

Folk want Haaland as he is pacey/powerful and can finish.

Completely different to Suarez who is at stage of career when just about only thing can do is finish. He can barely run and has no pace or consistency at about anything else and that added to Messi doing less running was atrocious to watch and was going nowhere.

The fact that Barca are keeping pace on goals as did with Suarez last season and may score more without even having a CF shows how much team as unit has improved.

If Barca dont win the league it is down more to the defence. The attacking side of team has improved even with second best goalscorer in team most likely in Fati being injured majority of season.

Joan

If current Suarez was on Haaland's level, we'd never go for the latter. It's only a matter of what could be useful for the team this season and what not. It's a double edged sword.

malvolio

LOL, ok you don't have a clue right?
Have you ever seen Haaland play?

Haaland is a beast of intensity, running, pressing, opening up spaces, combining and linking up.
He does a million jobs on the pitch current Suarez could not dream of.

You think all top clubs lining up to get just a good finisher?

yeah mate, he even cooks and does the dishes. then goes and plays for norway and doesn't score in 3 straight games. what's the point really?

yes, all top clubs would like to have 30+ goals guaranteed a season. what sport are you following?

If current Suarez was on Haaland's level, we'd never go for the latter. It's only a matter of what could be useful for the team this season and what not. It's a double edged sword.

haaland was a suitable example because he is discussed daily around here. i wasn't comparing them. prime suarez or this year's haaland? ;)

Last edited:

JamDav1982

yeah mate, he even cooks and does the dishes. than goes and plays for norway and doesn't score in 3 straight games. what's the point really?

yes, all top clubs would like to have 30+ goals guaranteed a season. what sport are you following?

No they wouldnt if that striker getting the goals means that team have to play in certain way that weakens it as a whole.

There was not some huge clamour for '30 goal a season Suarez' anyway.

Barca are better going forward with more players that can run/press/pass the ball consistently. Not a chance that performance or 6-1 type of game v Sociedad happen with current Suarez.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would not be possible for this transition season and rebuilding to happen with Suarez playing like a drunk man with one leg fucking up most of our attacks.

JamDav1982

Would not be possible for this transition season and rebuilding to happen with Suarez playing like a drunk man with one leg fucking up most of our attacks.

Not allowed a season of transition.

Either win the league or it was better keeping Suarez and EV.

Joan

haaland was a suitable example because he is discussed daily around here. i wasn't comparing them. prime suarez or this year's haaland? ;)

Was meant as a retort to Birdy. He jumped on the comparison and listed what Haaland can and current Suarez cannot do. I think that Suarez would be very useful this season. Despite his flaws.

Prime Suarez any day of the week ;) but I'll always be subjective about him. One of my favs. Love that maniac :lol:

Co0ter

You are choosing to live with a very, very short memory. Suarez was absolute trash all of last season, he couldn't even trap the ball. The occasional golazo didn't make up for standing around on the pitch each and every game, having an AWFUL first touch, and botching attempts at counter-attacks left and right. I love Suarez, I dreamed of signing him before we actually completed the transfer later that year, but he was dogshit for us his last season and wasn't much better the year before. He gave us no reason to WANT to keep him. The laziness and standing around all game was unbearable, especially with Messi doing the same thing. Not to mention he was always yelling at the youngsters.

It was time to go.

malvolio

he went and fucked up atletico to 1st place. i'm not all that convinced koeman wouldn't have worked with him. he was forced to let him go because of the circumstances.

JamDav1982

he went and fucked up atletico to 1st place. i'm not all that convinced koeman wouldn't have worked with him. he was forced to let him go because of the circumstances.

Koeman wanted Suarez to go.

Suarez in a team he can be penalty box goalscorer and not much else suits him. Litlle closing, passing. pressing but finish. That had failed at Barca with Messi also in team running less.

Cant compare the Atletico team to what they needed to this Barca side.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Good for him.

Tell me where Atletico ends up on the league table May 23rd.

Suarez would only be useful as a backup for a team that want to play more as a unit which Barca are doing right now.

Problem is that Suarez being the ambitious guy he is would never accept that. The only mistake committed by Barca was letting him join Atletico, but that won't matter if they choke and end up 2nd or 3rd again.

Co0ter

Not allowed a season of transition.

Either win the league or it was better keeping Suarez and EV.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. EV had no good original ideas and played the same players, over and over again, despite them playing poorly. Rarely used youngsters. He was purely a yes man. Not to mention his subs were terrible and he never made changes. The older players liked him for a reason, despite very poor seasons and performances- because he let them do whatever they wanted and had easy training.

malvolio

Good for him.

Tell me where Atletico ends up on the league table May 23rd.

Suarez would only be useful as a backup for a team that want to play more as a unit which Barca are doing right now.

Problem is that Suarez being the ambitious guy he is would never accept that. The only mistake committed by Barca was letting him join Atletico, but that won't matter if they choke and end up 2nd or 3rd again.

Hopefully second.

Suarez has played under many managers and not one complained that he is hard to coach/handle. A smart man can make it work. Koeman seems to be a guy that would have been able to talk to him.

Of course it won't matter if they choke it. But right now he mad the difference and that's why we are chasing them.

Home of Barca Fans