Sergiño Dest

xXKonan

I will say he's a great talent but I don't think he's going to be the RB savior we really need.

He's not even a full time starter at Ajax either. Honestly if it was between him and Emerson, I'd go for the latter as he is at least a starter and has done far more in a much stronger league as well and would be far cheaper.

Messi983

Italian media saying we're also close to sell/loan with buy option Firpo to Atalanta.

In that case I totally expect us to sign someone like De Sciglio who can cover both RB and LB. :lol:

FC433

^
I do not really understand why we are trying to sell Firpo. He is a decent option (could be great if he is given the chance) and cheap. Balde should be ready next season or the one after (getting lots of praise recently).

Messi983

Yeah, don't get it either. If we'd have money to get a good replacement (someone who could really challenge Alba) then I'd understand but if our plan is to sell Firpo (and even worse to loan him with a buy option) only to make Miranda a backup LB then I surely prefer to keep him.

Porque

Atalanta play with wingbacks so Firpo should be pretty good in Serie A. I expected much more from him but if we have a valid replacement I would go for them. No idea who it could be though.

We already had the Miranda experiment as sole LB before and it failed spectacularly.

Miranda was one of Koemans earliest pre-season rejectee's (along with Monchu) so if he is left as backup, it stinks of yet another planning of the board room.

So if Firpo goes there needs to be someone on the agenda. If there isn't then we would of been better off with Akieme than Miranda.

Last edited:
I have only watched a couple of youtube clips of Dest. Too little to draw any real conclusions... but based on what I’ve seen, I like him. He has more fight than Semedo (Let’s face it, Semedo is a wimp). He is skilful, at times delightfully so, and shows great industry and desire. Honestly he reminds me of Dani Alves. But as I say the evidence is not yet sufficient for me to make a realistic appraisal.

Semedo is talented and with good management (completely absent from Barca for at least half a decade) he will do well. I wish him good luck.

Messi983

Atalanta play with wingbacks so Firpo should be pretty good in Serie A. I expected much more from him but if we have a valid replacement I would go for them. No idea who it could be though.

We already had the Miranda experiment as sole LB before and it failed spectacularly.

Miranda was one of Koemans earliest pre-season rejectee's (along with Monchu) so if he is left as backup, it stinks of yet another planning of the board room.

So if Firpo goes there needs to be someone on the agenda. If there isn't then we would of been better off with Akieme than Miranda.

Akieme went on loan to Almeria.

Don't know how much sense this would make for Atalanta (probably none) but maybe we could swap Firpo for Robin Gosens.

Home of Barca Fans