Sergiño Dest

Messi983

Swap sounds like a bad deal for us. Dest has way more value than guy who walks in 6 months.

We can sell Dest for 20 mil.

IF this swap would happen (which I doubt) then it would surely be Mazraoui+money for Dest. Something like we sell them Dest for 20m and they sell us Mazraoui for 5m. According to TM Dest is valued at 30m - last update in June so his value has dropped since then, while Mazraoui's value was at 18m in October but will also surely drop in January when he'll be able to negotiate with other clubs so I think that 15m difference in valuation of both players is somewhere fair.

We'd get even with Dest (or even make some gain as his value on the books is around 16m after being here for a season) and Ajax can try to get him back in form, recover his value and sell him again in summer or a year after. They could surely sell him for more than we can anyway as they know how to sell. Now it just depends on how much they rate Dest in comparision to Mazraoui and who gives them better chances to win this season as in opposite to us they still compete for all titles.

And from our viewpoint it depends on what other offers (if any) we have for Dest. If Bayern is really interested and we can sell for 25-30m then selling to them is probably still what we should do (although we could regret that in time if he'll develop there to a player we hoped he'll become here but if the club has decided to give up on him that shouldn't really be our concern right now; he could also end up at Bayern eventually even if he'll return to Ajax for now). Then sign Mazraoui on a free and see if Ajax would accept a small compensation to let him go in January otherwise wait until summer and go through the season with Alves and Oscar at RB.

One thing to consider though is we can only register 3 new players for EL. Alves and Ferran will surely be two of them and then if Cavani or another striker will be signed he'll be a third one. So even someone like Abde will most likely stay out of the squad and so would Mazraoui if he comes. Don't know how much this would really impact our decisions as I don't think we'll go far in that competition anyway but Xavi clearly believes that we can win it (as he should, I wouldn't expect anything else from a Barca coach). But if he doesn't really trust Dest then keeping him just for numbers and let his value drop even further is also stupid.

topt

I am just wondering from Bayern perspective what makes Dest worth more now than what Barca paid for him ?

Messi983

I am just wondering from Bayern perspective what makes Dest worth more now than what Barca paid for him ?

Could be the Pavard situation. He apparently wants a pay raise and also play as a CB full time.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...no-nianzou-hernandez-davies-richards-stanisic

He's still under contract until 2024 so it's not like they are in a hurry but as a well runned club they're surely preparing alternative options in case they'll decide to sell him.

khaled_a_d

Could be the Pavard situation. He apparently wants a pay raise and also play as a CB full time.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...no-nianzou-hernandez-davies-richards-stanisic

He's still under contract until 2024 so it's not like they are in a hurry but as a well runned club they're surely preparing alternative options in case they'll decide to sell him.

Probably moving Pavard as CB as Sule replacement.
Bayern fans aren't fan of Pavard anyway, so going for RB makes sense.
The question though, is why Dest and not someone else

Messigician

Sergi?o Dest is pretty much out of Bar?a. There are ongoing negotiations with Bayern Munich, either a loan or a permanent deal.

? @gerardromero

Devils

This guy wont make it at Bayern.

He was a dud at Ajax and failed at Barca. Funny that he keeps going to better teams despite not succeeding at his present clubs.

CatalinR10

So we're really going to sell him ?

Thought in the begining this guy will really make it here.

Won't surprise me if he goes to a big team and becomes really really good.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Unless we have a replacement who is better than him or a better option lined up, we shouldn't sell him.

We have had so many quick exits in the full back position, without a permanent fix. The revolving door approach is not going to help us.

Home of Barca Fans