Sergio Agüero

clemente

First Garcia now Aguero, 2 players that aren't even starting at City, can we make it any more clear that we aren't a top club anymore.

Andresito

Staff member
First Garcia now Aguero, 2 players that aren't even starting at City, can we make it any more clear that we aren't a top club anymore.

Yes because De Bruyne, Kimmich and van Dijk rejected us so now we have to go for the bench players.

JamDav1982

Being signed for Messi and no other reason.

If can keep fit could be useful at times as a sub or v smaller sides to rotate but any more than that and all a backwards step.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
When you get that fresh 400 Million stream of income and the first thing you do with it is buy a 32 year old twitch streamer that came off a big knee injury. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

fergus90

If we were to sign an older striker for plan b or whatever I'd have actually rathered a different profile, e.g. Giroud or someone of that ilk if we are struggling to break down teams with plan A.

Aguero will do a job for a year or two, absolutely elite on his day although his injury record in the last 18 months is worrying.

akaranzo

If we sell Braithwaite, Aguero could fulfill that same role but obviously with more quality. Whether I like this deal or not depends on the wages imo, if he's taking a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) paycut then why not give him a shot as a backup.

BBZ8800

If we sell Braithwaite, Aguero could fulfill that same role but obviously with more quality. Whether I like this deal or not depends on the wages imo, if he's taking a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) paycut then why not give him a shot as a backup.

He will be 33 years old in 40 days.
In that age, a lot of strikers look like a shadow of their former self.
Not to mention that he has just returned from a season long injury which also often turn players into shadow of their former self.

Aguero probably won't be Boateng level of bad, but the most likely scenario is Pjanic's level of being old, finished and not too useful.

Btw, a granny Pjanic is two years younger than Aguero.

Last edited:

Messigician

Not to mention that he has just returned from a season long injury which also often turn players into shadow of their former self.

Aguero probably won't be Boateng level of bad, but the most likely scenario is Pjanic's level of being old, finished and not too useful.

He's had lots of rest due to injuries though so probs not granny

akaranzo

I'm sure he will be a shadow of his former self but that's still better than Braithwaite, no? I'd definitely rather have a 33-year old Aguero come in at minute 88 when we desperately need a goal rather than Braithwaite.

Porque

Nice first goal by Depay at the weekend. Would be weird to keep Koeman yet sign Aguero ahead of the managers choice. Great assist by Lucas Paqueta too. Glad to see him pick his career back up at Lyon and save me from another L.

BBZ8800

I'm sure he will be a shadow of his former self but that's still better than Braithwaite, no? I'd definitely rather have a 33-year old Aguero come in at minute 88 when we desperately need a goal rather than Braithwaite.

I don't know whether he'll be any improvement.

But it seems that our only way of playing will be: Messi as a false CM-CAM in the middle, trying to dribble past 5 players and his main passing option will be another old, slow, short player Aguero who will wait the ball in the middle.

It will probably work to some extent against Getafe/Levante, but in a CL, we'll probably lose 0:4 without real shots on goal since our attackers will be one year older and our attacking play will be even more predictable/one dimensional than today, aka= give the ball to Messi and he will either dribble past 4 players or pass to Aguero.

How hard is to predict those moves and defend against it?

Roma 0:3
Liverpool 0:4
Bayern 2:8
Psg 1:4
= will give a hint

We are trying to score in the same way all the time, yet we concede from possession, counters, crosses, headers, corners, longshots.

On the other hand, if we accept right away that we suck in a CL and that our only goal is La Liga (which means making Messi happy and hoping that he will single-handadly lead us to a title), then fine = let's buy his friend, let's make him happy and hope for the best (final La liga title).

Home of Barca Fans