Sergio Agüero

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Can we cancel his contract if he cannot play again for the club? Heart issues are different from other injuries, in that they may be life threatening.
It?s unfair that we keep a player on with life threatening issues.

its unfair to the player as well, so no we cant (unless its explicitly stated in his contract - extremely unlikely) and shouldn't.

Mateka

oh gtfo with your sanctimonious crap, seriously. Last I checked, this is a football forum, where we're talking about FOOTBALL. And someone with his problems can't help us, can't count on him anymore.

on a personal note, if you think i'm gonna feel bad for someone, who has more money than regular people get to see in their lifetime...yeah, I feel so sorry for him, how will I go on, if he can't live a full life with all his millions, boo hoo. :wave:

I will gladly be vilified for showing respect to a player who has a life threatening incident whilst wearing a Barca shirt.

feggydinho

its unfair to the player as well, so no we cant (unless its explicitly stated in his contract - extremely unlikely) and shouldn't.

Barca should just look for a way to make his contract one year, and not two years. At this point, he'll either be injured or sick and be treated with Barca's finance while earning a massive salary and we won't be able to sell him.

feggydinho

Falcao made a lot more sense, lower wages, not as injury prone and he ended up signing for newly promoted Rayo.

He is injury prone as well but with the budget and notice we had to sign a 9 on you're not going to get a prime spring chicken banging 20 goals a season, but you may as well make the best choice.

Zlatan was also available for a loan, despite being very old was and is still scoring goals in Serie A and fits the profile Koeman wanted better.

We just didn't look further, there's Raul Jimenez. good striker and always mobile, plus not on massive wages and valued at 50m. In context, Braithwaite signing even makes more sense than Aguero's signing, hope Aguero recovers soon though

SmilerBam

Can we cancel his contract if he cannot play again for the club? Heart issues are different from other injuries, in that they may be life threatening.
It?s unfair that we keep a player on with life threatening issues.

What a car crash of a post. This is the society today. No empaty whatsoever.

delancey

What a car crash of a post. This is the society today. No empaty whatsoever.

Everyone clearly wishes Aguero a speedy recovery. Can you explain to me how being concerned about having a player on the books with life threatening health issues during a time of crisis is related to empathy (or lack thereof)?

Also, I would argue that society is more empathetic today than at any other point in history. Please forgive me if your country is a shit hole.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Would we bought him if Messi isnt here anymore? Even if we would have made an offer i think he would have refused the offer if he would have known that Messi wont play for barca anymore.

khaled_a_d

Would we bought him if Messi isnt here anymore? Even if we would have made an offer i think he would have refused the offer if he would have known that Messi wont play for barca anymore.

Laporta said that Aguero contract was performance based, more variables rather than fixed salary. I am going to assume this is true (although could be bluffing)
I think it was good match for both parties, Barca needed an attacker who is familiar with Liga, Aguero was cheap and still levels above what we have at 9 (Braithwate, LDJ) since both Fati & Depay aren't really a 9.
Aguero was at last legs, coming from his most disappointing season in his career and I doubt he had better clubs lining up for him.
I think even if no Messi, if the alleged terms are true I think both parties would still go on for such deal.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Laporta said that Aguero contract was performance based, more variables rather than fixed salary. I am going to assume this is true (although could be bluffing)
I think it was good match for both parties, Barca needed an attacker who is familiar with Liga, Aguero was cheap and still levels above what we have at 9 (Braithwate, LDJ) since both Fati & Depay aren't really a 9.
Aguero was at last legs, coming from his most disappointing season in his career and I doubt he had better clubs lining up for him.
I think even if no Messi, if the alleged terms are true I think both parties would still go on for such deal.

i think aguero would have gone to MLS or china to make last huge money instead of coming to us but Messi could have convinced him and now no Messi but aguero. If he really want to help us im fine with him though.

JamDav1982

It wasnt a good match at all and was clearly a stupid punt that has backfired.

On performances bonuses or not he will still be on a salary of 4/5m which is just wasted cash at time could not take those risks.

Home of Barca Fans