Sergio Aguero

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yes, there's examples of Europeans constantly poaching South American talent for their national team (See Di Stefano), that doesn't make it right.

Plus in the case of Senna, I don't think anyone in Brazil still knows who he is. He's a role player, was a great one and a big reason Spain won the Euros, but it's not like Brazil had any trouble finding replacements. And Spain showed no loyalty to Senna, immediately dumping him when his decline began.

Messi could have taken the cheap way out and played for Spain to constantly use Xavi as a crutch, but he did the right thing. It's nice to see some players still have loyalties to their country in the face of European neocolonialism. All you have to do is listen to Messi talk to see that he's Argentine.

none of which changes the fact that the Argentine fans don't deserve him. Weah was loved and appreciated. Messi is pressured and scapegoated.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
none of which changes the fact that the Argentine fans don't deserve him. Weah was loved and appreciated. Messi is pressured and scapegoated.

A small but vocal minority (but probably larger than the small but vocal minority of Argentina fans who expect Messi to walk on water for them or isn't really Argentine) of Spain fans are Castillian nationalists who think Puyol, Pique and Xavi should be banned for the seleccion for waving Catalan flags after victories. However it's easier for these people to be on the margins because Spain has been so successful.

And yet these fans "deserve" to steal talent from the country that produced Messi?

Ventus

A small but vocal minority (but probably larger than the small but vocal minority of Argentina fans who expect Messi to walk on water for them or isn't really Argentine) of Spain fans are Castillian nationalists who think Puyol, Pique and Xavi should be banned for the seleccion for waving Catalan flags after victories. However it's easier for these people to be on the margins because Spain has been so successful.

And yet these fans "deserve" to steal talent from the country that produced Messi?

Yes, because that's a minority of Franco sup- I won't start, all I'll say is that that's a minority, as opposed to an entire country of ungrateful douches.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yes, because that's a minority of Franco sup- I won't start, all I'll say is that that's a minority, as opposed to an entire country of ungrateful douches.

Yes, because everyone in Argentina hates and boos Messi. I suppose you believe every single person in Argentina is prone to violence after losses too.

Ventus

Yes, because everyone in Argentina hates and boos Messi. I suppose you believe every single person in Argentina is prone to violence after losses too.

Yes, yes I do, until the fans apologize. Minus the violence part of course. Troll.
It seems that there are more Argentines that are out to criticize Messi then there are to defend him, ergo, majority.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

I didn't say Spain deserved to have Messi (he's not Spanish, so how could they?) just that the Argentine fans don't. well, maybe the people in Cordoba. those guys were awesome.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
£20 million for Ashley Young? Ouch...

Hernandez cost about 6million.. He's better than Dzeko and Mario.. Ouch.. That must hurt.

How much did Mario cost?

And Dzeko? ;)

Btw,

Adebayor £25million

Jo £18million

Roque Santa Cruz £17.5million

Tevez £25.5million

Dzeko £27million

Mario £22.5m

Lol @ Jo.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
£20 million for Ashley Young? Ouch...

pretty sure it was £16m there, whizkid.

and really you have absolutely no leg to stand on when it comes to overspending on players. City's squad is obscenely overpriced and overpaid.

except Balotelli. you don't pay him enough.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
£35m striker Andy Carroll

£38m Sergio Aguero.

Value in the market..

Aguero's transfer is actually the worse of the two, because despite his superior quality, he'll want to be off to Real Madrid in a year or two whereas Carroll will give Liverpool years and years of service.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Do you think he will still be refereed to as "Kun" in England?

I wouldn't have thought so, they're not very good with nicknames and the like.

I mean they call Pato "Alexandre Pato" as if it's his name or somethin', but they embraced the hell out of Chicarito so maybe?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Do you think he will still be refereed to as "Kun" in England?

I wouldn't have thought so, they're not very good with nicknames and the like.

I mean they call Pato "Alexandre Pato" as if it's his name or somethin', but they embraced the hell out of Chicarito so maybe?

Home of Barca Fans