Sergio Busquets

W

woobie

They're just jealous of his awesomeness. I don't suppose they'd take Xavi's word for anything, would they?

IL Professore

Defining the Undefined
They're just jealous of his awesomeness. I don't suppose they'd take Xavi's word for anything, would they?

"messi isnt even that good, he didn deserve the world player 2010.sneijder won cl and got 2 wc final. and ronaldo is a more compete player, he is more two footed and he is stronger."

" barcelona would struggle to play a epl in the cl, they would just get muscled around. look at that chelsea game, if it werent for iniesta's lucky goal, you guys wouldnt have won shit. manutd is def gonna beat schalke, then well woop ur asses in the final. vidic alone can defend messi, villa, and pedro.and scholes will take care of xaviesta."

"the only reason Sausage Biscuit is on barcelona starting XI is because his dad is a coach ther"

"ur team without xavi and puyol is garbage, just look at how you guys played when theyre injured. and there both retiring soon. when they do, ur screwed."

"the media is just on barcelona's dick, they are biased towards them"

"pep guardiola is nothing special, he inherited a good team and simply rode them to victory. he is a retarded businessman,buying ibrahimovic and chrygrin and shippin them out 1 year later without givin them time to adjust, for 1/2 price! and he sacrificed eto'o, your top goalscorer for him."

this is the average shit i have to deal with everytime i walk into the bar. :shakeshead:

IL Professore

Defining the Undefined
Find a different bar. :)

its not like i hate these guys. there my friends. its just tough love. friendly bar chatter, the problem is its always very anti-barca.

besides, theyre the ones that have marcelo, lass diarra, and park ji-sung in their starting XI

W

woobie

Sounds like they watch Sky Sports (or read the english gutter press) a bit more than might be healthy. :) I get a lot of the same thing here on the other coast but in DC there're enough fans of other clubs that it's not a big deal (I usually end up sitting near either the Bayern contingent or the Fenerbahce fans at the local footie pub. It's a bit odd).

With regard to Xavi and Iniesta, how do they expect Scholes (who I actually quite like. he's probably my favourite English player) to handle them? He can't tackle. And he's like 90.

As for Barca being able to handle the EPL, if I'm remembering correctly, Barca beat the last three English clubs they played in the CL (unless I'm forgetting someone). You might remind your friends that the beat down on Arsenal happened without Puyol in the lineup too.

Galning

People who laugh at any Barça player during these years are retarded. Just ignore them and move on because seriously....

X

xaviniesta

its not like i hate these guys. there my friends. its just tough love. friendly bar chatter, the problem is its always very anti-barca.

i have the same problem, it's taboo to be a barcelona fan here.

messi is nothing without xaviniesta...xaviniesta are nothing without their teammates...valdes has the easyest job in the world....puyol & pique don't have to defend because at all....pep guardiola is as good because the players he have...busquets is a diving wanker and could not be in starting XI in any other team in the world........

IL Professore

Defining the Undefined
i have the same problem, it's taboo to be a barcelona fan here.

messi is nothing without xaviniesta...xaviniesta are nothing without their teammates...valdes has the easyest job in the world....puyol & pique don't have to defend because at all....pep guardiola is as good because the players he have...busquets is a diving wanker and could not be in starting XI in any other team in the world........

i feel you bro. TOO BAD BARCA IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD, AND THEYRE JUST JEALOUS :beer2:

E

estranged

Busquets is a genius, can't believe people still don't rate him, he puts himself on the line for team all the time and he's one of the best holding dm's out there (imo the best) no wonder pep promoted him from 4th division to a starter in 1 season. He also has great vision and his style is complementary to Xavi/Iniesta the Barca style.

thats another thing they say, if busquets werent on spain he wouldnt have won. he is surrounded by above average players that make his shittty ass look average.
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/07/16/sergio-busquets-world-cup-final/

:D

Here is the analysis for good measure, very good read:

The final analysis, part three: brilliant Busquets

July 16, 2010

As is customary after a Spain or Barcelona success, the performance of Sergio Busquets (two La Ligas, a Champions League and a World Cup after two seasons of professional football) has largely been ignored.

In the World Cup final he was one of the key players for Spain – keeping Wesley Sneijder quiet, providing his usual solid, reliable passing from a deep midfield position, and dropping between his centre-backs to turn Spain’s 4-2-3-1 into something more like a 3-3-3-1 or 3-4-3 when in possession.

Busquets was crucial in Spain’s early dominance in the final. He was the midfielder with most time on the ball (see the amount of space he is in on the ball below), and retained possession well.

Many have commented on the fact that Wesley Sneijder (apparently in the running for the Golden Ball award before the final) had a very quiet game, but few have pinpointed Busquets as the reason why. He (red) performed a near-man-marking job on Sneijder (blue) throughout the game, always remaining tight and goalside whenever Holland got the ball, denying Sneijder space to work in.

That would probably be expected of a defensive midfielder playing against a playmaker, but what made Busquets’ role close to a man-marking responsibility was that he was given the instruction of following Sneijder, even when the Dutchman was behind the ball.

In this example below, Arjen Robben is carrying the ball forward towards goal, but despite being the central midfielder with most responsibility, Busquets (red) vacates his natural zone, and is primarily concerned with tracking the runs of Sneijder (blue). Because Spain’s 4-2-3-1 system features two holding players, Xabi Alonso (yellow) is able to drop in and occupy the zone in front of the back four.

And this continued for 120 minutes, with Busquets so effective in his defensive responsibilities that it’s difficult to remember a single thing Sneijder did in the match. This tackle from Busquets (pink) on Sneijder is in extra time, with the two players in almost exactly the same position as in picture two above, which was taken in the first ten minutes of the first half.

The most interesting thing about Busquets’ role, however, was the frequency with which he dropped between the centre-backs, allowing them to spread into a back three, and giving the full-backs license to get forward and provide the width Spain often lacked throughout the tournament. This concept has been discussed at length previously on ZM, and it was great to see Busquets, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol switching seamlessly between the two systems, as they do at Barcelona.

The two centre-backs spread to the flanks, and Busquets (yellow) drops between them, expanding the active playing area in defence. The same happens below.

Spain were able to keep the ball and played out from the back rather easily, for Busquets frequently had time to look up and play a good pass.

Holland surprisingly didn’t respond to this by trying to close him down (Sneijder was in a good position to do so) but they did try and recreate it themselves.

Here, Joris Mathijsen and John Heitinga have moved wide when Maarten Stekenlenburg has the ball, and Mark van Bommel (orange) attempts to drop between them and receive the ball. Spain are more aware with their pressing high up the pitch, however, and Xavi (green) follows him all the way. Van Bommel turns to see Xavi, then puts his hand up to Stekelenburg, instructing him not to send the ball his way, and Holland instead have to play through their centre-backs – not as assured passers as van Bommel.

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
You can't argue with a mentally disturbed fan. You have to eyemark Busquets for 90 minutes if you are to understand his brilliance.
Most of my closest friends are Madridistas, and they used to be really annoying aswell. Busquets is my favorite player, they usually don't argue with me on football because I usually back up what I say with either youtube clips(right Beasty? :lol:) or articles We watched Arsenal away 2010 and I screamed everytime Busquets made something good. That did stop them.
Madridistas outside of Spain or not a part of a forum:
No golazos or assistencias or flashy skills, not a good player.

Manurinators outside of United are usually good fans, dno in the US though.

F

Flavia

99a60f3c01dd44921a67c19b833bcce7-getty-fbl-esp-realmadrid-barcelona.jpg

fca275b2385d4b05bdb288d491d8fb11-getty-fbl-esp-realmadrid-barcelona.jpg

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The above pics reek of awesomeness... He milked every single play he could and I'm sure Mou was aware of that... That conversations should have been hilarious...

Home of Barca Fans