Sergio Busquets

JimmyGuitarist

Uefa have suspended Sergio Busquets for 2 games for his red card against Benfica last week. He will miss the two games against Celtic. [md]

2 games??!? seriously, that's a little bit to harsh imho
This means he's going to miss both games against Celtic
It is harsh, considering he did literally nothing.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Pique will be back by then.

oh yeh :wub:

somehow forgot about pique :lol:

nice read :blush:

I think, over here at least, hes generally disliked by most non-barca fans for the diving and over reacting, although hes improved a little on that. Bit of a shame as hes always gonna have that against him because hes a great player and still young. He reads the game really well and for a big lanky guy, hes really good with his feet.

When you consider hes going to be with us and in the national squad for the next 7/8 years, i hope he eventually gets a bit more recognition like Xavi finally has.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
And it was a straight red, so it's an automatic two match ban... I don't see this as a bad thing necessarily, Song Billong will get two full matches as DM, which is why he's here, so no problem there...

F

Flavia

[video]http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/video-sergio-busquets-red-card-vs.html[/video]
I don't see where he actually tried punching a player.
There is a better angle to see it, where it's clear he made a red card offense. It was posted on the benfica match thread.
But you can see it in this video as well. He tries to punch the bald player, the 2nd one, but fails. Nevertheless, he tried to punch him. He swings his arm, trying to hammer the guy's head with the outside of his hand. Around 5 seconds of that video.

JimmyGuitarist

There is a better angle to see it, where it's clear he made a red card offense. It was posted on the benfica match thread.
But you can see it in this video as well. He tries to punch the bald player, the 2nd one, but fails. Nevertheless, he tried to punch him. He swings his arm, trying to hammer the guy's head with the outside of his hand. Around 5 seconds of that video.
I just see it differently. To me, he looked more like he was shielding himself, thinking the ball will rebound back at him, rather than trying to punch the bald person.

PP10822

Busi this season has been nothing short of EPIC!
He hasn't been as good as he has in the past 2 seasons, especially last season. However this coincides with Barcelona not being as good as they were and the shitty defence meaning he has to do even more. Still the best midfielder in the world, better than Xavi and Iniesta. :busquets:

Meitux

He hasn't been as good as he has in the past 2 seasons, especially last season. However this coincides with Barcelona not being as good as they were and the shitty defence meaning he has to do even more. Still the best midfielder in the world, better than Xavi and Iniesta. :busquets:
you cant compare him with Xavi or Iniesta different positions different jobs Busquets is the best defensive midfielder in the world without a doubt

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
And it was a straight red, so it's an automatic two match ban... I don't see this as a bad thing necessarily, Song Billong will get two full matches as DM, which is why he's here, so no problem there...

LOL! No he is not at Barcelona for the DM position, Tito and Criujff clearly refer to him as a defender. You support Barcelona, you should know by now that a player's past career is completely indepedant of his Barcelona career and that involves the disrespect of player's comfort, preferance and experience (also paying Arsenal's mortgage on the stadium).

Home of Barca Fans