Sergio Busquets

Darko

God damn, he's just too good. His playmaking and dribbling in tight spaces is just as good as his defending, could easily play CM and be one of the best in the world in that position too.

J

Jamie Cal

Tackle at the end was fucking filth, above the knee challenges like that can be disastrous.

He was absolutely brilliant AGAIN, though. Been our best player this season, though Neymar has killed it since Messi's injury.

He won't play in the Copa, and I was thinking -- with Masche suspended for the league, Masche will probably play DM against BATE, so hopefully Gumbau or the Ini/Roberto are well enough to probably rest Buzzy.

that's the thing. You'd assume that the average football loonie who mostly reads articles would rate him somewhat.
But no, not at all.

Going on a tangent now :
rtdrw6.png

The question is : Who will win the next Ballon d'or ?

Its like over 10 000 have a ready-made answer and only a few hundred will change their votes according to, you know, who performs.

I'd like to say that france has a huge portuguese population but it's probably more down to a subconscious butthurt with barça kicking out PSG lately.

J

Jamie Cal

I'd agree. Most consistent performance at his role, game in, game out, with fantastic no-nonsense displays of technical brilliance as an added bonus.

It was great to see him as captain today, because while he's not the 'natural Xavi successor', he's become a real leader in Xavi's departure. See when Barca score, he goes around talking to team-mates, getting them to switch-on etc.

BerkeleyBernie

Wait Berk, so besides Neymar, you hate Suarez as well?

I hate Suarez' first touch (as does pretty much everyone), but I like him because he does exactly what Barça needs (and has needed for some time)- put pressure on the centerbacks to free Messi and the rest of the team to allow freedom in build-up play. He's expected to get few touches in a game. Yeah, I'd love it if he had better control receiving passes and playing 1-2s, and didn't muff the ball horribly so much, but his is the one position on the field for Barça who can afford to be less technical, as long as he has good shooting boots and plays his position to open the field for the rest of the players. He doesn't have the responsibility of build-up, as the other 10 players do. Though we haven't seen much yet this season, he is also capable of some great moments creating inside the box. Though less consistent, like Messi, he is one of those few players who can sometimes produce something out of nothing.

So while he hasn't provided many extraordinary entertaining creative moments this season, he is otherwise solid.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

I hate Suarez' first touch (as does pretty much everyone), but I like him because he does exactly what Barça needs (and has needed for some time)- put pressure on the centerbacks to free Messi and the rest of the team to allow freedom in build-up play. He's expected to get few touches in a game. Yeah, I'd love it if he had better control receiving passes and playing 1-2s, and didn't muff the ball horribly so much, but his is the one position on the field for Barça who can afford to be less technical, as long as he has good shooting boots and plays his position to open the field for the rest of the players. He doesn't have the responsibility of build-up, as the other 10 players do. Though we haven't seen much yet this season, he is also capable of some great moments creating inside the box. Though less consistent, like Messi, he is one of those dew players who can sometimes produce something out of nothing.

So while he hasn't provided many extraordinary entertaining creative moments this season, he is otherwise solid.

I see. Don't you think you're a tad hyper analytical though? You can't always quantify football like that.

As for Busi, with all this Ballon d'Or talk here, I for one find it enraging that a donkey like Bale made the list. Busquets does not get 1% of the recognition he deserves. He's an under-appreciated genius.

Home of Barca Fans