Sergio Busquets

Nazario1985

Still think he is the core midfielder we still need.

With Gavi and Pedri we will look good.

The youngsters alone are easily losing organization and ball vision.

OVI9323

His vision for the Key passes would be missed if we put him on the bench
Although he's a mess in defense i'd still take him over Puig but maybe a few matches without him will prove me wrong.
If we play a big team we are in a bad spot anyway, eitheir it be puig or him. Well maybe a Pedri, Gavi, De jong/Nico would do it and then puig as a Sub

Rory

We're conceding too many dangerous chances and so that's why it makes sense to take him out the team now. We need to press and play as a team more and stop conceding chances. Without Busquets we could do this better.

With him we're slightly better at a slow build up of play but worse at quick build up. We also have to realise that with 3 mobile, energetic midfielders we would have more passing options and so ball progression might improve in place of Busquets being able to find a good pass a few times a game.

FinBarcelonafan

We're conceding too many dangerous chances and so that's why it makes sense to take him out the team now. We need to press and play as a team more and stop conceding chances. Without Busquets we could do this better.

With him we're slightly better at a slow build up of play but worse at quick build up. We also have to realise that with 3 mobile, energetic midfielders we would have more passing options and so ball progression might improve in place of Busquets being able to find a good pass a few times a game.

Bingo.

mc_lovin

I don't think it's that simple. In a 433 you need a reference point at DM. We have no other player apart from Busquets for that role. The easy comparison is City with Rodri. Maybe Nico can be coached there (like Pep did with Rodri). No idea. Frenkie played classic DM in a 433 under van Gaal? How was he?

But I can't wait for Pedri to be back. Competition should get spicy in midfield.

Nazario1985

That's not true at all, he was always slow so did Xavi !!

it's up to the others to bring the energy around him, most chances conceded is not due to him.

We already heard this shit many times for Raki / Messi ...etc

Result we packed speed merchants and no talent for two years.

This rebuild is and will be around Busquets mark my word otherwise we need to buy a player for his role as no ONE in the team can fill it.

Rory

That's not true at all, he was always slow so did Xavi !!

it's up to the others to bring the energy around him, most chances conceded is not due to him.

We already heard this shit many times for Raki / Messi ...etc

Result we packed speed merchants and no talent for two years.

This rebuild is and will be around Busquets mark my word otherwise we need to buy a player for his role as no ONE in the team can fill it.

What do we gain from all other players having to bring the energy around him? He doesn't offer anything substantial at this point in his career to warrant us doing that.

Rory

I don't think it's that simple. In a 433 you need a reference point at DM. We have no other player apart from Busquets for that role. The easy comparison is City with Rodri. Maybe Nico can be coached there (like Pep did with Rodri). No idea. Frenkie played classic DM in a 433 under van Gaal? How was he?

But I can't wait for Pedri to be back. Competition should get spicy in midfield.

A reference point sure, but one that will actually stay in that position and has an ability to track back. Busquets wanders off to close down a player halfway up the pitch to leave space in behind. That same space he's never been fast enough to track back to, then reference point is gone and our defensive midfielder isn't there to defend.

Devils

Xavi: "Nico is a modern footballer. He has it all. Right now we have Busquets, but he can play in all positions of the midfield."

Xavi is killing me with his press conference today.

Windhook

Xavi: "Nico is a modern footballer. He has it all. Right now we have Busquets, but he can play in all positions of the midfield."

Xavi is killing me with his press conference today.

Actually it's true - Busi is versatile player in midfield, but he is too slow to act in this current age of football.

Messi983

I wonder how many more coaches will have their career at the club ruined by blind faith in this dinosaur. My guess is Xavi and two guys after him before someone will finaly realize what should have been already done like 5 years ago. Well, at that point it will be likely 10+ years already. I could seriously still see him starting in 2026 or so.

Rory

Got to be said as the focal point of the midfield you’d hope we’d have midfield dominance when the opponent goes down to 10 men but it’s never the case with Busquets.

Either a team purposely sits off us to absorb “pressure” or they decide to turn it on and completely run through our midfield lead by Busquets. Bin

Home of Barca Fans