Sergio Busquets

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This club have been around since 1899, and have gone through so many all-time greats, some GOAT tier players during their time, yet this is the player they managed to convince themselves they cannot live without.

:lol:

Stunning!

Catta

I wish Pep never gave him a chance in the team. Would have been better if we kept Yaya. The walking corpse has done more harm than good in his career, doesn't deserve to be called a Barca legend.

Kul_z

The worst thing is that its not his fault that he plays that much. I just cant understand how coaches cant acknowledge that with him as dm there's no throphies around, him as dm we were humiliated multiple times. We moved on from messi and somehow ancient one is more important to 'barca system' while only barca thing in this is posession.

Total-Football

The ancient one is not to be criticized. Only to be marveled at. The 8th wonder of the world. Truly a wonder how he starts everytime for fc barcelona

KingLeo10

I would wish for an injury for this guy to save us from his horror shows, but it's statistically impossible as he doesn't make any physical challenges, doesn't tackle, and doesn't break a sprint.

The man has no shame either and will continue to start till 2025.

DonAK

Unless Alemany goes rogue the only person who can save us from this is Messi by recruiting him to join him to Miami in 2023 lol

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I would wish for an injury for this guy to save us from his horror shows, but it's statistically impossible as he doesn't make any physical challenges, doesn't tackle, and doesn't break a sprint.

The man has no shame either and will continue to start till 2025.

wishing an injury is too much KL dude

DonAK

I'll say this though: While it would be preferable if Busquets and Pique left the club on their accord by realizing that we need to move on from them, it's ultimately not their responsibility.

Barca is simply not a serious club right now. Every other elite club in Europe are starting to or at least trying to modernize themselves and adapt to what's working the most nowadays, and that is athleticism. Trying to recruit athletic players, work on how to press together as a team, increase the intensity of the team, etc. All while we're signing guys like Eric who no matter how good his passing is, will never become a good defender due to all his other limitations(no size, no pace, not aggressive enough)

Meanwhile we're still seemingly living in the past by holding onto this lot and not even bothering to sign replacements or simply telling both that we're moving on from them.

When we sign players in their positions it sounds like we're signing guys to rest them. Not to challenge them, not to compete against them or push them out of the lineup, but simply as benchwarmers in case they need some rest.

It's stupid.

mc_lovin

Was Busquets even much of an issue tonight? Had a couple of really shitty passes, but that's pretty much it. Frenkie has been worse for example.

Replacing Busquets is still my biggest dream this Summer mind you (well, that and a functioning RB).

DonAK

Was Busquets even much of an issue tonight? Had a couple of really shitty passes, but that's pretty much it. Frenkie has been worse for example.

Replacing Busquets is still my biggest dream this Summer mind you (well, that and a functioning RB).

Playing a CDM that hasn't been able to protect or help out the backline since probably 2016 or 2017 or an issue. Always is. A few good games cannot hide that.

Porque

We should play Busquets as false 9. That way he can sit there, wiggle and pirouette on the ball and lose all liability of dangerous turnovers.

Perfect to get the ball, Do a Busquets special turn and put through Ferran and Alba.

Xavi has brought out some goalscoring ability out of him too.

-----Mats-----
Araujo-Christensen-Pique-Riqui Puig
----Soler-Kessie-Pedri-----
---Alba-Busquets-Ferran---

kilian

Although I would retire him after this season, Busquets was definitely the least of the problems in the midfield today.
I don`t know if it`s due to weird Xavi tactics or what, but FdJ and Gavi provided shit in terms of build-up play.
Most of the time Rayo isolated Araujo with the ball knowing he is the worst player with the ball in our team and Busquets moving to the back line to provide a passing option. Gavi and FdJ roaming forward like idiots instead of providing the passing option to move the ball forward, ending in our completely sterile movement of the ball between the defenders and Busquets. Fucking disaster.

Home of Barca Fans