Sergio Busquets

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Go discuss Cesc somewhere else. Ps. Great seeing Biscuits getting some time on the field :)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
busquets is totally awesome.

I see him becoming a ball-playing DM. he has all the attributes needed to be a DM plus he draws fouls well, and can contribute to attack more if need be. he's also an effective presence at set-pieces.

Nuts

there's another friendly buddy for which our stars woulde be rested and Cesc would play... which is kinda bad news for u

Hopefully Sergio has a stormer and del Bosque will want another look at him in that game to.

It is entertaining to see you so excited about Cesc being rested. :lol:

Nuts

makes sense busquets is ahead of cesc in the First XI.

busquets being a DM, n' all.

Indeed, I would have thought Cesc was competiting with Xavi & Iniesta for a spot in the team and not Busquets, who is surely competiting with Senna & Alonso? So its hardly a surprise to see him on the bench infavour of the Xavi & Iniesta.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
makes sense busquets is ahead of cesc in the First XI.

busquets being a DM, n' all.

Busi playing alongside Xabi in 4-2-3-1... So not exactly a DM, he'd share some of the creative jobs as well

And it was predicted Xavi would be alongside Xabi with Cesc playing in advance position.. so it's kinda Busi replacing Cesc here ;)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Indeed, I would have thought Cesc was competiting with Xavi & Iniesta for a spot in the team and not Busquets, who is surely competiting with Senna & Alonso? So its hardly a surprise to see him on the bench infavour of the Xavi & Iniesta.

cesc has an interesting place in the spanish squad. he is obviously a xavi backup, but del bosque isn't averse to using him as a sub for iniesta, or even one of the strikers and going 451. it's a sign of his quality that both aragones and del bosque look to get him on if they can.

and for me busquets should be in the starting XI for spain. I don't see senna recovering his 2008 form, and xabi is a playmaking DM, not a ball-winning one.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
FC Barcelona midfielder Sergi Busquets was visibly happy after Spain’s victory over Argentina (2-1) in last night’s friendly match, and it was not just for the result. Playing his ninth international cap, he said “the coach told me that I was going to start (the match), and it’s an opportunity that I must take advantage of,” acknowledging that playing “with teammates like these is very easy “.

The Blaugrana insisted that “everything is generally fine” and admitted that the team knew “they (Argentina players) were going to be tough. In a match, there will always be tensions and a lot of things happen, but everything remains on the pitch”.

Asked about the inconsistent performance of the match referee, Busquets declined to comment, preferring to talk about his chances of making it into Spain’s 2010 World Cup squad: “Spain has a lot of high quality players. We can have one, two even three complete teams but the reality is that only 25 can go to the World Cup, and it is for the coach to decide”.

Home of Barca Fans