Sergio Busquets

JamDav1982

Best pivot in the world siuuu

Xabi Prieto (Real Sociedad legend): "Zubimendi to Barcelona? It's better for him to stay at La Real. Bar?a already have the best pivot in the world, Sergio Busquets." [via md]

Prieto telling Zubimendi not to waste his time as will never get a game.

That or just more evidence of delusion in some areas of Spanish football.

Porque

It's a weird comment though, considering Busquets has been clear he is leaving in a year.

In theory, a year as understudy/rotation then being starter in a seasons time is a great option for most upcoming defensive midfielders.

Zidane82

Best pivot in the world siuuu

Xabi Prieto (Real Sociedad legend): "Zubimendi to Barcelona? It's better for him to stay at La Real. Bar?a already have the best pivot in the world, Sergio Busquets." [via md]
The full quote :-

Xabi Prieto (Former Real Sociedad player): "Zubimendi to Barcelona? It's better to leave him at Real Sociedad because Bar?a have the best pivot in the world... Sergio Busquets. Busquets could play until he is 45."

delancey

"The catalan problem" is a real thing in this club

Yeah especially when the club will have to pay these ?Catalan problems? 100s or millions in the next year or two. Only players who can and will change games single handedly should be paid these galactic wages. That does not include Pique or Busquets.

Zidane82

It is laughable that some of you clueless oiks failed to realise that the wonderful play we have been privileged to see over the last ten or so years simply would not have been possible without the genius of Busquets..

He is a little slower and makes the occasional mistake but he is still vital for the way Xavi wants to play .

He gets slaughtered for days if he gets caught in possession yet we all forgave Messi every time he gave the ball away .( Messi lost possession or gave the ball away more than ANY other Barca player )

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

I didn't forgive Messi. Not because of ball losses (he's attacker, who takes risks), but because of his ultra lazy ass.
Busquets, no matter how elegant moves he can still make, is obstacle to creating young, high intensity squad that could in time challenge for highest trophies. He is a guarantee to humiliation in Europe.

Kul_z

It is laughable that some of you clueless oiks failed to realise that the wonderful play we have been privileged to see over the last ten or so years simply would not have been possible without the genius of Busquets..

He is a little slower and makes the occasional mistake but he is still vital for the way Xavi wants to play .

He gets slaughtered for days if he gets caught in possession yet we all forgave Messi every time he gave the ball away .( Messi lost possession or gave the ball away more than ANY other Barca player )

You a troll, you cant be that delusional comparing ancient one's and messi position on field. Yes, it was beautiful, his best highlight was 11 years ago when he gave ball to messi in bernaleo.

Zidane82

You a troll, you cant be that delusional comparing ancient one's and messi position on field. Yes, it was beautiful, his best highlight was 11 years ago when he gave ball to messi in bernaleo.

My point was that they both occasionally give the ball away .. it is really not that complex

I would argue that you are the troll if you cannot just accept another persons opinion but rather behave like a child

ajnotkeith

My point was that they both occasionally give the ball away .. it is really not that complex

I would argue that you are the troll if you cannot just accept another persons opinion but rather behave like a child

Messi contributed 60 goals a season. Busquets contributes pass completion % and 'elegant play'.

Kul_z

It takes unique skill set to be accused for childish behavior by a guy who claims ancient one's genius transcend space and time and deploys masterclass even when not playing.

MTL_Barca

The biggest problem Busquets brings is that players can just go past him like a traffic cone whenever they feel like it. That will always make us vulnerable in defense and especially in counters because it's too easy to get past our midfield.

Doesn't help that he seems to forget how slow he is at times the way he runs up to press, leaving even more space behind.

Giving away the ball on occasion isn't really a huge problem, even though it obviously doesn't make any sense at all to compare an attacker like Messi with a DM. It's far more devastating to give the ball away where Busquets plays, similar to how CB or GK errors will more often lead to dangerous situations or goals.

Zidane82

The biggest problem Busquets brings is that players can just go past him like a traffic cone whenever they feel like it. That will always make us vulnerable in defense and especially in counters because it's too easy to get past our midfield.

Doesn't help that he seems to forget how slow he is at times the way he runs up to press, leaving even more space behind.

That is why he needs a mobile player around him .. I have seen Koke work well with him for Spain

Home of Barca Fans