Seydou Keita

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
How do you explain that Pep Guardiola likes you so much?

I think it started when we played the final of the Champions League, the first year (2008-2009). Everyone wanted to play it. The coach had offered to play side. A position where I had never played before. I said OK. I'm not selfish, but no one can refuse to play a Champions League final. I think he has great respect for me from that. But I do not feel it with the coach. We do not talk hardly at all. I am someone who does not speak, much less with the coaches. The coach always speaks well of the players. It is not with Seydou. The coach does not make me a gift! If you are not good, it puts you on the bench!

(from google translate)

My guess is that he wants to say that Guardiola supports all players, and that he (Keite) isn't only playing because he's a favourite with the coach.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
QK1ai.jpg

Manuel Traquete

Comment expliquez-vous que Pep Guardiola vous apprécie autant ?
Je crois que ça a commencé quand on a joué la finale de la Ligue des champions, la première année (2008-2009). Tout le monde avait envie de la jouer. Le coach m’avait proposé de jouer latéral. Un poste où je n’avais jamais joué avant. J’ai dit OK. Je ne suis pas égoïste, mais personne ne peut refuser de jouer une finale de Ligue des champions. Je pense qu’il a beaucoup de respect pour moi par rapport à ça. Mais je ne ressens pas ça avec le coach. On ne se parle pratiquement pas. Je suis quelqu’un qui n’aime pas parler et encore moins avec les entraîneurs. Le coach parle toujours bien des joueurs. Ce n’est pas qu’avec Seydou. Le coach ne me fait pas de cadeau ! Si tu n’es pas bon, il te met sur le banc !

How can you explain the fact that Pep Guardiola seems to like you so much?

I believe it all began when we played the Champions League Final in the first season (2008-2009). Everyone wanted to play. The manager asked me to play as a fullback, a position where I had never played before. I said "Ok". I'm not selfish, but no one can refuse a chance to play in a Champions League Final. I think he gained great respect for me after this episode. But it's just a feeling, the coach never told me anything. We barely ever speak. I'm a person who doesn't talk much, and even less with the managers. The manager always says great things about his players. It's not just with Seydou. I'm not the coach's favorite. If you don't play well, he will put you on the bench.

Manuel Traquete

Also:

Allez-vous finir votre carrière au Barça ?
Ça dépend. Vous savez, le football… J’ai joué à Lorient, Lens, Séville puis Barcelone. Personne ne sait comment les choses peuvent évoluer et ce qui va se passer demain. Moi, je ne sais pas. C’est ma quatrième année à Barcelone, ça s’est plutôt bien passé même si je n’ai pas été titulaire à tous les matchs. Je pense que j’ai été régulier en marquant six ou sept buts chaque année, en faisant quatre passes décisives. C’est pas mal pour un milieu défensif, surtout dans une équipe avec tous ces grands joueurs. Mais on ne sait jamais.

Are you going to end you career at Barca?

It depends. You know, football (is unpredictable)... I've played at Llorient, Lens, Sevilla and now Barcelona. No one knows how things might evolve and what will happen tomorrow. I don't know either. It's my fourth year at Barcelona, it's been great so far even if I haven't been starting every match. I think I have regularly scored six or seven goals each years, and giving four key passes/assists. It's not bad for a defensive midfielder, especially in a team with all these great players. But we never know (what the future will bring).

Maria

How can you explain the fact that Pep Guardiola seems to like you so much?

I believe it all began when we played the Champions League Final in the first season (2008-2009). Everyone wanted to play. The manager asked me to play as a fullback, a position where I had never played before. I said "Ok". I'm not selfish, but no one can refuse a chance to play in a Champions League Final. I think he gained great respect for me after this episode. But it's just a feeling, the coach never told me anything. We barely ever speak. I'm a person who doesn't talk much, and even less with the managers. The manager always says great things about his players. It's not just with Seydou. I'm not the coach's favorite. If you don't play well, he will put you on the bench.

So it's true that Pep doesn't speak with the players. :eusa_think:

M

mitkoa7x

If Guinea beat Ghana in the last game (Ghana are already through) Mali wouldnt qualify for the KO rounds and Keite will back in no time.

abual3bed1

if it wasn't for the clasico and the points lost .. Pep would've used Sergi Roberto and JDS more than just some minutes against Osasuna and Malaga ..

what great about Keita that he knows his role really well as a squad player and never a regular .. + he's 32 and there is no problem of keeping him with the team .. Pep likes him and so the players ..

he can add some physical abilities to the midgets midfielders when needed .. he'll do a Pinto and renew year by year from now on ..

Home of Barca Fans