Seydou Keita

B

barcelonista

As if Pep would let him go for € 2 million. :lol: Maybe for € 10. But not € 2.

B

barcelonista

The sale of Keita is probably in an advanced stage by now...Milan looks like his likely destination although I've read England as well...Jona is inferior to Oriol but I suspect the decision to keep Dos Santos (At least in the short term) has more to do with economics...Oriol would probably then come the following summer in 2013

Romeu won't come back. You heard it here first. He isn't superior to JdS either. Romeu is more of a traditional DM. He isn't a ball player like dos Santos. His chances of playing in Barca's midfield are extremely slim. Listen to what the man says himself:

Oriol Romeu said:
Maybe I’m more of an English player rather than what people consider a typical “Barça player” … That was one of the attractions coming here [to the EPL]: that contact, the longer passes, the tackling. In Spain, they don’t do that.

D

danumber10

The sale of Keita is probably in an advanced stage by now...Milan looks like his likely destination although I've read England as well...Jona is inferior to Oriol but I suspect the decision to keep Dos Santos (At least in the short term) has more to do with economics...Oriol would probably then come the following summer in 2013
I really like your thinking. I guess it's kind of what Pep tried to do this year. He promoted Fontas instead of Bartra. We all knew that Bartra was better than Fontas so I was very surprised until I started realizing that Bartra remained at barca B because there he would play all the time. Had he been promoted he would have spent all this year in the bench. It just made sense then to promote Fontas because he's not the defender barca are seeing as a first team player but he could still do the job and allow bartra to keep playing before he was promoted. They don't want to make the Bojan mistake again.

D

danumber10

Romeu won't come back. You heard it here first. He isn't superior to JdS either. Romeu is more of a traditional DM. He isn't a ball player like dos Santos. His chances of playing in Barca's midfield are extremely slim. Listen to what the man says himself:
Ok some good points but I think some of your points are not true, First, How do you know romeu won't come back? In the same interview where Zubizarreta talked about promoting players he also talked about Romeu and he said "We are not planning on bringing Oriol Romeu back just yet. This makes me think he might come back in the future. It makes sense for now to let him stay at a club where he will have more chances of playing and barca doesn't have to pay his fee. You say Romeu is more of a traditional MD ... isn't that what Keita is? And Pep still loves him. he isn't a ball player? Have you watched him at chelsea? Don't forget he has grown up in Barca playing tiki taka style. I know he said he's more of a Premier league player but in the same interview he said "If Pep counts on you and wants you in the team than that's a different story" meaning that he would go back if Pep wanted him to and had plans for him. We need another player like Keita (physical, strong, fast, good in the air), Dos santos? I don't think so. Barca need an Oriol type of player for very physical games. He's perfect.

B

barcelonista

How do you know romeu won't come back?

It is just my opinion. I don't know for 100 % of course. The club doesn't normally loan out players whom they rate. No one gives away their best players, not even in a loan deal. Can you imagine Rafinha or Montoya getting loaned out? I can't. Pep says you have to be extraordinary if you leave the club and find a way back and make it into the first team (Cuenca). So if Romeu becomes extraordinary, he'll be back. I don't believe it though. If AvB is to be believed, we sold Romeu with a first option rather than a buy back clause anyway.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Didn't Zubi confirm that we only had a clause of first refusal (or whatever they're called)? If that's the case, selling him was a horrible mistake

I hope Keite stays, by the way. Unless they cought up a lot of money

jairzinho

Congrats to Keita and his Mali teamates for their 3rd place finish in the AfCon

seydou-keita-mali-3242342.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well done, he scored couple of goals too at the tournament?
Would also be interesting to count how much points Barca lost while Keita was away.

jairzinho

It is interesting but since he left we've not been our best, well sort of. maybe its coincidental. Did we miss him ?. I think so, maybe not as crucially as a player of a xavi or iniesta, but what he brings to the table is still priceless and unique. can't wait to see him back in blaugrana.

Home of Barca Fans