Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

Stric

Didn't expect to see Ter Stegen benched.

Am I missing something? Who else but Mathieu do we even have to field as LB?

Alik

Strongest lineup we have available. Feel bad for MAtS, but at least Bravo will get a warm up for La Liga.

If it looks like it's not working, I hope we sub out Messi, Suarez and Mascherano.

Hope we don't get any silly injuries.

it's not that clear. Mats enjoyed a full preseason, Bravo didn't. It made sense from the start that Bravo would play the last of three.

F

Flavia

Am I missing something? Who else but Mathieu do we even have to field as LB?

Enrique had promised one match for each gk, according to Oriol domenech. Before the San mames disaster. Bravo also needs match rhythm for la liga.

barcanuck

Lucho the ultimate in fairness for goalies. MatS won Copa starts leg 1. Bravo won Liga starts leg 2! At least I hope it's what he had planned all along. Don't want MatS having anymore confidence issues.

El Flaco

Lucho isn't giving no bs about MaTS, dude needs to learn. Glad to see Bravo back, hopefully he will do well.

Feel bad for MAtS, but at least Bravo will get a warm up for La Liga.

it's not that clear. Mats enjoyed a full preseason, Bravo didn't. It made sense from the start that Bravo would play the last of three.
According to Oriol Demenech, it was already agreed upon that Bravo/Stegen would share the Supercopa de España games for the obvious reason of Bravo winning the league and Stegen winning the cup.

zanela

Doesn't matter what he had planned but he got the line-up wrong in the first leg. It should have been reverse, with our youngsters starting the home leg.

It's funny how the fallout of a poor result is players being punished when the manager is the main culprit. Lucho should put himself in the stands and have Unzue on the touchline. :unzue:

Home of Barca Fans