Spanish Supercopa Final: Real Madrid - Barca 4-1

Temptation

All due respect, I think you are diminishing Busi to a mediocre poor man's Viera. IMO prime Busquets was the greatest tackler of the ball I've ever seen. A player who had both great defender and midfielder qualities. But with time he became a problem once teams started to play the counter-attack philosophy of speed-football.
No. I'm not diminishing the guy, I'm differentiating him from these players. I'm saying Busquets does not belong to the same midfielder profile as Viera, Keane, Kante and Gattuso. Slightly different roles and attributes. These are midfield generals/enforcers who can play as 6 and 8 and as a CM in a 442 and other variants.

Busquets is a pure number 6 in a 3(or more) man midfield. In his peak, his best qualities were his amazing press resistance, ball control, short range passing, Football IQ and interceptions.

Busquets lacks the physicality, dominance or pressing ability of Viera, Keane and Kante who chase the ball everywhere coz they are not the lone number 6 generally. Busquets is way more positional and doesn't charge players around the park because he has to maintain the shape and can't outmuscle/outrun opponents like these players. Far more reliant on tactical fouls.

What stands out in Sergio's case is his elite reading of the game. His brain is a few seconds faster in seeing the game as compared to other players.

And Busquets is definitely not the greatest tackler in Football history lmao. Can't believe you claimed that! Peak Kante was a much much better tackler/ball winner. Countless Defenders over the years were better ball winners than prime Busquets. This has to be a joke surely?

FC B

For me, Madrid are clear favorites for this one. I don't think they have important players missing bar Curtois, Barca has 3 starters missing (Stegen, Cancelo, Gavi) and this with a (much) weaker set of players than what Madrid has atm.

You can say they are in a quite good form, Barca on the other side clearly is not. Lastly, they have Ancelotti as their coach and we have also a WC coach in Xavi Hernandez, ofc.

JohnN

Easy win of we do the following.
1. Put Araujo on Vini as always
2. play 4 man midfield with Bob, since he is usually good against RM.
3. Don't play Lewandowski. we need pace behind their defense and he can't provide it.
4. don't play like chickens if we score first.
5. dont conced in the first 5 minutes. should be easy.

JamDav1982

That would be a formation with no RW width and one Xavi has never played before.

Unless he thinks Lamine too young to start he will would think.

JohnN

if we don't play yamal, we have no width in rw and lw is bad with only balde playing for width and being shit at it. we have to try yamal.

Andresito

Staff member
Seems like Pedri will start in a 4 man midfield with Sergi Roberto. Not sure who grabs the spot next to Lewy. You just know Felix will suck if he starts.

JamDav1982

GD0Y1wFW8AMvCIf

Home of Barca Fans