Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We'll have to see how well he does now his name is on the radar. It's different playing as a breakout player to playing with a reputation and opponents preparing for your game.

The question is will his box crashing just be a gimmick or will his one trick always work.

If someone is as good at the gimmick as he is, it will continue to work.
He's not the type of player that you want to have many touches. He's an advanced midfielder/forward that you just gotta keep crashing into the box and get himself in goalscoring situations.

He did that quite a few times last season to variable success.

It's why he can be an important asset off the bench, but also why he'll likely never start for us or any top, top team.

ajnotkeith

If someone is as good at the gimmick as he is, it will continue to work.
He's not the type of player that you want to have many touches. He's an advanced midfielder/forward that you just gotta keep crashing into the box and get himself in goalscoring situations.

He did that quite a few times last season to variable success.
My problem with seeing him as a top talent is that whilst his movement is clearly elite, he doesn't have that many other defining characteristics.

He is a bit technically and physically lacking for me and I find it hard to believe he'll continue to get by with just fantastic movement (although he is a useful squad option for us).

I think it's probably appropriate to reserve serious judgement until we see him more this season in the league.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My problem with seeing him as a top talent is that whilst his movement is clearly elite, he doesn't have that many other defining characteristics.

He is a bit technically and physically lacking for me and I find it hard to believe he'll continue to get by with just fantastic movement (although he is a useful squad option for us).

I think it's probably appropriate to reserve serious judgement until we see him more this season in the league.

It depends on what you see him as.

A starter? No chance.

Valuable asset off the bench with his energy and fantastic movement? Absolutely got a great chance at being that for us now and in the future. Just the chaos he creates defensively for the other team with his runs and him constantly being in a good position opens up room for others. He's an annoying player to deal with.

jamrock

Muller made a career at AM/SS with 60% movement 40% everything else.

jamrock

Henry is showing why deschamps plays the way he does with he senior.

This trying to control play isn't in their DNA, they are a sit back and counter team.

Loki

The entire Spanish football establishment, should be working over time to make Barcelona as successful as possible.
The don't care, they continue to suck Perez's Madrid no matter if Madrid doesn't give a fuck on spanisch players.

Home of Barca Fans