The Negreira case

ajnotkeith

Considering there are rumoured medical reports that he has Alzhaimar since 2019 at least. That is a good shout.
Whatever he said or say will have zero legal significance in such case too
Well, they are putting him on trial now, despite his legal team trying to get it thrown out for his possible Alzheimers.
They are going to order a court physician to examine him to see if he is fit to stand trial, was the last news about that, but nothing recently or in the court documents other than the fact he is still being charged.

ajnotkeith

Where does he say 'no written reports exist'?
I: Is there any document, report or similar that includes the conclusions of the advice you provided through DASNIL to Fútbol Club Barcelona?

N: No.

I: So if they only met at most 6 times a year and there were no written reports, why did they pay you the amounts invoiced by DASNIL, which are the following? (Table is shown)

(Just pasting in case you didn't see it).

JamDav1982

As I said.. the guy is by reports not all there mentally anyway so wouldnt take it all as gospel.

Conflicting stories doesnt always add up to a lie in same way a consistent story doenst make it the truth either.

Dont agree there are all the inconsistencies you claim from those interviews or he is claiming his son was never paid for any work done for Barcelona etc.

I am not trying to say they are innocent but need more to show guilt and if it comes out then Barca need to take the punishment.

JamDav1982

I: Is there any document, report or similar that includes the conclusions of the advice you provided through DASNIL to Fútbol Club Barcelona?

N: No.

I: So if they only met at most 6 times a year and there were no written reports, why did they pay you the amounts invoiced by DASNIL, which are the following? (Table is shown)

(Just pasting in case you didn't see it).

Again that could be context... are they asking him if anything was documented in his personal meetings and advice given there or does it cover anything at all given to Barcelona whether it be from his son or him?

Are you saying Laporta has lied on the reports/CDs and the reports found were manufactured as false evidence? Who created the report that came to light and folk pointed to spelling mistakes etc?

Second question.. relevant to what invoices they are outlining... Does it cover all invoices or ones for specific work relating to him and no written reports on his meetings with them?

Loki

The fact that there is still nothing new, just outlets selling a judge's (based?) opinion on already known facts as a new scandal tells you all you need to know. They still drag our club's name through the dirt without any new evidence, just repeating themselves every few weeks. It's pathetic that this is allowed and not prosecuted by itself.

ajnotkeith

Again that could be context... are they asking him if anything was documented in his personal meetings and advice given there or does it cover anything at all given to Barcelona whether it be from his son or him?

Are you saying Laporta has lied on the reports/CDs and the reports found were manufactured as false evidence? Who created the report that came to light and folk pointed to spelling mistakes etc?

Second question.. relevant to what invoices they are outlining... Does it cover all invoices or ones for specific work relating to him and no written reports on his meetings with them?
In the context of the conversation I believe they were referring to everything. The questions coming shortly before are as follows :

What services did you provide for Barcelona through Dasnil?
Negreira : (explains everything he did) then concludes it as, 'Technical advice' (asesoramiento tecnico). Remember the Spanish words used here. He states here that his job was technical advice and this is what he provided for the club. He is referring to
all service he has provided through DASNIL.

How long did you provide those services?
For 13 years.

So you can see that Negreira has stated, the extent of his invoices to Barca were for technical ADVICE over the 13 year time period. This is the service he has provided through DASNIL and he is referring to what he has provided over the entire time period.

They then ask him, do any documents exist which record said advice and they use the word "asesoramiento" (referring back to the asesoramiento tecnico Negreira stated that he provided).

I: ¿Existe algún documento, informe o similar en el que se incluyan las conclusiones del asesoramiento que prestaba a través de DASNIL al Fútbol Club Barcelona?

Negreira : No (after stating that his job was to provide asesoramiento tecnico).

For the 2nd question I can't say with 100% certainty because the table they showed isn't public with the documents but as written above and in the prior questions before asking him why they paid such amounts of money, they are asking about the entire time period and about all the services provided by Negreira therefore you would logically think they are talking about all the payments made too.

serghei

We probably won't get relegated for this if no major evidence is presented, but if the club does get sent to Ligue 2, then Rossell and Bartomeu are solid candidates for the worst big club presidents in the history of football.

ajnotkeith

We probably won't get relegated for this if no major evidence is presented, but if the somehow gets sent to Ligue 2, then this confirms Rossell and Bartomeu as solid candidates for the worst big club presidents in history.
The domestic penalties like relegation are prescribed unless LaLiga make an executive decision to exclude us from the tournament, which will include LaLiga 2.

serghei

The domestic penalties like relegation are prescribed unless LaLiga make an executive decision to exclude us from the tournament, which will include LaLiga 2.

Don't know the specific of it. For me, if we did do something, it's almost impossible other teams didn't also, especially you know who. We just were the only ones to get caught.

Negreira himself said something along the lines like we paid for influence to keep refs neutral. Let's assume that is true. This means the refs are not neutral by default, and you need to pay them for neutrality, something like protection money to the mob to not get your joint torched up. This is some deep level generalized corruption.

For me, the technicalities of it don't matter as much. If a smoking gun type of evidence like in the Calciopoli case appears, then this can change of course.

You can't conveniently assume Negreira speaks the truth on some things, and not on others. Either he is credible, or not. If he is not credible, then what he says needs to be verified with evidence.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Also it wasn't just Rosell and Bartomeu. Laporta paid this guy during his first presidency too. Rosell and Bartomeu continued the contract that was made long before them.

ajnotkeith

Don't know the specific of it. For me, if we did do something, it's almost impossible other teams didn't also, especially you know who. We just were the only ones to get caught.

Negreira himself said something along the lines like we paid for influence to keep refs neutral. Let's assume that is true. This means the refs are not neutral by default, and you need to pay them for neutrality, something like protection money to the mob to not get your joint torched up. This is some deep level generalized corruption.

For me, the technicalities of it don't matter as much. If a smoking gun type of evidence like in the Calciopoli case appears, then this can change of course.
Negreira stated that was what FC Barcelona thought, not his own opinion.

Paying for neutrality makes no sense because neutrality is already assumed in the CTA. If someone suggests they are not neutral, they would have to prove that.

serghei

Also it wasn't just Rosell and Bartomeu. Laporta paid this guy during his first presidency too. Rosell and Bartomeu continued the contract that was made long before them.

Only ones to get caught is what I mean. Politics are drenched in corruption anyway, but the dumb ones are the ones that get caught.

serghei

Negreira stated that was what FC Barcelona thought, not his own opinion.

Paying for neutrality makes no sense because neutrality is already assumed in the CTA. If someone suggests they are not neutral, they would have to prove that.

OK, but how would Negreira know what Barcelona thought? It's speculation.

Just because something is assumed, doesn't mean the actual situation is like that. That's how generalized corruption works. Something that should happen by default only happens to the ones that pay.

I don't think that's the case though. Generally, in Spain, the team that won the league was almost always the best. Barca won zero titles that they didn't dominate clearly. Lost all close ones. Like 2014, 2017 for example.

ajnotkeith

OK, but how would Negreira know what Barcelona thought? It's speculation.

Just because something is assumed, doesn't mean the actual situation is like that. That's how generalized corruption works. Something that should happen by default only happens to the ones that pay.

I don't think that's the case though. Generally, in Spain, the team that won the league was almost always the best. Barca won zero titles that they didn't dominate clearly for example. Lost all close ones.
The only recent sports corruption that was ever proven or even alleged in Spanish football was when Osasuna paid off some teams to lose a decade ago (well, until now, with Negreira).

If you ask me, I don't think that Barca got much from these payments. The judge seems to be convinced that Barcelona has benefitted from corruption though in this case.

There are too many people in the CTA making decisions that unless you pay off the president, you won't have any significant fixing going on there. This organisation probably is very neutral.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans