Thiago Silva

L

Learo

Thats not the way it works though how many clubs consistently do that?

every big club go after players from smaller, lower-profile clubs. thats how things work if you dont have a billionaire owner. You dont see bayern, madrid etc go after chelsea and city players on a consistent basis. Look at where the defense of the biggest clubs came from, whether it is bayern's defense, madrid's defense, juve's, man u's defense etc, they all consist of players who were bought from much smaller and lower profile clubs.

Duke

every big club go after players from smaller, lower-profile clubs. thats how things work if you dont have a billionaire owner. You dont see bayern, madrid etc go after chelsea and city players on a consistent basis. Look at where the defense of the biggest clubs came from, whether it is bayern's defense, madrid's defense, juve's, man u's defense etc, they all consist of players who were bought from much smaller and lower profile clubs.

while I agree with what you said, in our case it's too late to experiment as Puyol is finished really and we are desperately looking for his replacement, an experienced top class defender and a leader in our back line.

Saying that, Barcelona did buy defenders from smaller clubs without any success, making stupid buys like Caceres and Chygrinsky

L

Learo

while I agree with what you said, in our case it's too late to experiment as Puyol is finished really and we are desperately looking for his replacement, an experienced top class defender and a leader in our back line.

Saying that, Barcelona did buy defenders from smaller club without any success, making stupid buys like Caceres and Chygrinsky

if we are looking for an experienced player, why do we go for the 18 year old marquinhos? There seems to be no logic or consistency in how we operate.

All signings for us are experiments. experienced, top class player needed? like when we bought ibra, hleb and villa? Thinking that a player close to 30 are more likely to be a smashing success for us is a folly.

Did bayern experiement when they signed dante for 5m? its not like he was a teenager when they signed him. he was 27.

our stupid buys like chyg and caceres calls for better scouting, not leaving all good players from smaller clubs for our rivals to get. chyg was pep's obsession in the epic summer of '09 when he had a "feeling" eto'o had to go at all costs and we had to get ibra, chyg, keirrison and henrique as "reinforcments" for 120m after we had won the treble.

Last edited:

Indignado

This is why:

"@O_Hal1t
All though #Barca feels required to buy #Marquinhos, a deal between #Roma and #PSG is very close. Some say within 24 hours. Need a #miracle"

Since when is a random Twitter user a reliable source. I remember those experts announcing Thiago's transfer to United some weeks ago, saying it's a done deal, you should never trust this BS.

I often get the feeling Barça has no scouts.

Scouting to them is watching YouTube videos and buying players according to hype or rumours from newspaper. If we didn't have so many good players coming out of La Masia we wouldn't even compete for La Liga let alone the CL.

Last edited:

Newcomer

We don't have scouts obviously. Which is kinda irritating for a club that is supposed to have the best youth developing structure in world football.

I disagree. I often read that Barça is hiring some new promising kids from all over the world for the young teams.
Oftne people are aying we much hire Porto scouts but Porto can do this for several reasons: they can have countless sud americans players, they can buy just a small % of the players. When we see one new diamond from Porto, there is also 3 guys you don't even know (and you will never know) the name who are loaned or sell to smallest clubs because they don't reach the expected level.
Your strategy is to form players and make them grow in a specific philosophy, so i understand why you are scooting very youngs kids.
For the A team, Barça was the best club of the decade, and you have huge expectations, so i can see why you want to try to get the best if you can afford it. It's like Marquinhos, i'll be glad if he ends up in PSG, but i would never trade TS for him. TS is a leader and you know what he'll provide but Marquinhos has only one good season so he can also be a flop even if he can let us think he is a crack.

I read some of you are little desperate but you still have a huge team, you walked over La liga previous year and was defeated by the CL winner.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Whatever your personal opinion, David Luiz's natural position has always been CB.

Not talking about his natural position. Talking about best suitable position.

Luiz is not good enough to play at CB.

L

Learo

I disagree. I often read that Barça is hiring some new promising kids from all over the world for the young teams.

nobody is slating our youth system scouting, we are talking about scouts for our senior side. and some seem to think that scouts should only report about kids below 20. this is a misunderstanding. we need scouts to scout players of all ages around the world, like other big clubs do. signing a 24 year old from russia or wherever is fine. what is needed is a proper plan, not just mindlessly go after the big names from the english league we see on TV, which seem to be the strategy now.

You should report it if you constantly hear us signing players "from all over the world" though, because it is illegal to sign kids like that from around the world. la masia consist overwhelmingly of local catalan kids with a few spaniards and from some special schools abroad.

Last edited:
I

instinct

Oftne people are aying we much hire Porto scouts but Porto can do this for several reasons: they can have countless sud americans players, they can buy just a small % of the players. When we see one new diamond from Porto, there is also 3 guys you don't even know (and you will never know) the name who are loaned or sell to smallest clubs because they don't reach the expected level.
Your strategy is to form players and make them grow in a specific philosophy, so i understand why you are scooting very youngs kids.
For the A team, Barça was the best club of the decade, and you have huge expectations, so i can see why you want to try to get the best if you can afford it. It's like Marquinhos, i'll be glad if he ends up in PSG, but i would never trade TS for him. TS is a leader and you know what he'll provide but Marquinhos has only one good season so he can also be a flop even if he can let us think he is a crack.

I read some of you are little desperate but you still have a huge team, you walked over La liga previous year and was defeated by the CL winner.

We're not worried because we lost against Bayern. We're worried because of how we lost against them.

Marquinhos would be a good choice.

JamDav1982

We're not worried because we lost against Bayern. We're worried because of how we lost against them.

Marquinhos would be a good choice.

Thats fair enough but I doubt Barcelona would face Bayern again without a fit Messi, Busquets, Puyol and Masch.

The PSG tie alone showed how importan Messi is. The tie was lost 3-0 when he was not on the pitch.

The whole dynamic changed with him there. PSG became wary and became terrified of him to the extent their attacking game faltered.

One of the biggest problems was the Messi dependence. Having him on the pitch even helps defensively.

I doubt that 7-0 would even come close to happening with a fit Barca side, especially Messi.

L

Learo

While I agree that our scouting for the 1st team sucks, the scouting for la masia is pretty damn good, look at Messi or Iniesta for example...

i just cant get my head around the disconnect between our la masia and how we operate in the transfer market. if we look at our first 11, there is only a single player, alves, who are not from la masia. we have spent a national budget on players for so many years and the only player who plays for us in our first team is alves.

so why are we such complete imbeciles when it comes to the 1st team scouting? is it some form of corruption going on? do we sign players like henrique and keirrison to launder money, or what is it? I mean, how is it even possible that a club with such a fantastic youth system setup can go on and spend hundreds of millions on players who are so bad they cant even get games for us. take henrique and keirrison. has it ever happened before that a club actually buy two players for 23m euros and then releases them on a free transfer without them getting a single game for the team who signed them?

Home of Barca Fans