Thiago Translantara

MTL_Barca

Apparently several board members one of them being Javier Bordas are campaigning to bring him back to the Camp Nou. Note: his contract is running out next year with Bayern and hasn?t renewed yet so he would be quite cheap. His wife is Catalan, who wants to move back to Barcelona.

La Masia player, brings creativity to our midfield I?d say if the price is right bring him back. Thiago, Ale?a, FDJ would be a dream midfield imo.

There are reports that he'll renew his contract soon.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not going to happen, but I can see Thiago turning down a contract renewal from Bayern if Barca are serious about pursuing him.

Thiago + Camavinga/Soumare is more reasonable than the price Napoli want for Fabian Ruiz.

serghei

Just want to say again how much of an idiot this guy was. Today he'd be a top 5 midfielder in the world if he had stayed at Barcelona. If not top 3. With about 2 Champions League titles to boot. And Barca legend status achieved.

DonAK

Just want to say again how much of an idiot this guy was. Today he'd be a top 5 midfielder in the world if he had stayed at Barcelona. If not top 3. With about 2 Champions League titles to boot. And Barca legend status achieved.

He arguably is, but like with Verratti his team constantly failing in the CL is the reason neither of them are getting any recognition.

De Bruyne
Kroos
Thiago
Verratti
de Jong
Casemiro(hate him all you want, but he's great)
Fabinho

in no order would be my top midfielders right now

If Barca had one of Verratti or Thiago our midfield would instantly improve so much. Too bad Thiago left and Verratti is a little bitch that is afraid of doing anything to move.

Last edited:

serghei

He arguably is, but like with Verratti his team constantly failing in the CL is the reason neither of them are getting any recognition.

De Bruyne
Kroos
Thiago
Verratti
de Jong
Casemiro(hate him all you want, but he's great)
Fabinho

in no order would be my top midfielders right now

Not even top 10 for me if you leave out his stylistic quality.

serghei

Who's your top 10?

Thiago is easily top 10 on any metric you use, probably top 5 too.

Statistically, performance-wise.

In no order:

Kroos, Casemiro, Kante, Saul, Thomas Partey, Pogba, Frenkie de Jong, Pjanic, Verratti, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Wijnaaldum, Fabinho.

I'd rate all of them above Thiago. I think there are 2-3 players in that list above where Thiago might have a case against, looking at career achievement, peak level, influence in their team and so on.

DonAK

In no order

Kroos, Casemiro, Kante, Saul, Thomas Partey, Pogba, Frenkie de Jong, Pjanic, Verratti, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Wijnaaldum, Fabinho.

I'd rate all of them above Thiago. I think there are 2-3 players in that list above where Thiago might have a case against, looking at career achievement, peak level, influence in their team and so on.

Players whose names are in bolded are definitely not better than Thiago. Not by career achievement, their peak level, influence in their team or by any statistical or performance-based metric.

That's just pure silliness.

Bernardo Silva for one is not even playing as a midfielder or comparable to the other players. You must be joking with Gundogan and Wijnaldum. Even Thomas Partey who's been relevant for two seasons is going too far.

serghei

Players whose names are in bolded are definitely not better than Thiago. Not by career achievement, their peak level, influence in their team or by any statistical or performance-based metric.

That's just pure silliness.

Let's agree to disagree. Wijnaaldum is one of the most underrated players in the world. He's Liverpool's best midfielder, better than Fabinho for me.

I'll give you Pjanic and maybe Saul, even though Saul was a difference maker in some really big games in a way Thiago never was in his career.

DonAK

Let's agree to disagree. Wijnaaldum is one of the most underrated players in the world. He's Liverpool's best midfielder.

Yes.

I'd say Fabinho is their best midfielder. Wijnaldum is underrated, but he's not a top 10 or 15 midfielder in the World. He's like a luxurious and better version of Paulinho. Not a Yaya Toure.

serghei

Yes.

I'd say Fabinho is their best midfielder. Wijnaldum is underrated, but he's not a top 10 or 15 midfielder in the World.

Well, if I had to choose one of Wijnaaldum or Thiago I'd take Wijnaaldum every single time. Better goalscorer, more hard working, better mentality, better engine you name it. Thiago is more cutesy on the ball with his flicks and tricks but that's about it.

DonAK

Well, if I had to choose one of Wijnaaldum or Thiago I'd take Wijnaaldum every single time.

I wouldn't and I dare wager most managers and teams wouldn't either. I wouldn't mind someone like him in my team though. Probably why Barca are linked to a guy like Soumare.

Different type of midfielders anyway.

serghei

I wouldn't and I dare wager most managers and teams wouldn't either. I wouldn't mind someone like him in my team though. Probably why Barca are linked to a guy like Soumare.

Different type of midfielders anyway.

Put up a poll if you want. I'd wager most would take Wijnaaldum over Thiago.

Home of Barca Fans