Thiago Translantara

stk93

He is good defensively in a hard working team like Bayern, surrounded by robots.

In a Spanish team, he doesn't look as good.
At Barca, he would probably look similar to Busi and Raki, surrounded by our grannies, turtles and teammates who don't press.

??? its not gonna be same with gini?

Vilarrubi

He is good defensively in a hard working team like Bayern, surrounded by robots.

In a Spanish team, he doesn't look as good.
At Barca, he would probably look similar to Busi and Raki, surrounded by our grannies, turtles and teammates who don't press.

So it’s gone from him needing workhorses around him to him being good defensively for Bayern and not for Spain where he doesn’t play his majority of games.

Individual stats are there for you to see for this season. Way better than Wijnaldum too, shouldn’t all Liverpool’s be good stats too because they too are a “hard working team”?

serghei

You can't really be good defensively if the setup is poor. Any players in a 2 man midfield with 4 forwards who are poor in defensive transition won't work against good opposition (obviously it would work against mid to low table La Liga sides). Maybe if you could have something like peak Makelele/Gatusso and peak Essien together in a double pivot it could barely work. And even then, the risk of one of those being sent off is going to be huge with the amount of attack they'd have to break.

BBZ8800

??? its not gonna be same with gini?

Gini will also look weaker than at Liverpool, true.

But I think that defensively, Gini-Frenkie plus our turtles would work better than Frenkie-Thiago.

Again, Thiago looks weaker in a Spanish NT than at Bayern.

About Thiago, another problem is: people would eventually ask for Puig-Thiago-Frenkie midfield.
Which is again closer to getting back to romantic days than moving forward towards Bayern/Liverpool type of modern football.

Richard.H

I did not notice him at all in today's match. He was very good vs Germany but didn't really make much of a difference in this match. Not really needed because it's just Ukraine anyway.

xXKonan

The problem is we have Pjanic who is the same profile as Thiago is even though the latter is the better player.

Good chance Koeman thinks we already are fine in that department while he thinks Wijnaldum and his profile is more needed. There's also the likes of Puig as well technically in that same sort of profile as Pjanic and Thiago is as well.

jairzinho

The problem is we have Pjanic who is the same profile as Thiago is even though the latter is the better player.

Good chance Koeman thinks we already are fine in that department while he thinks Wijnaldum and his profile is more needed. There's also the likes of Puig as well technically in that same sort of profile as Pjanic and Thiago is as well.

Wonder if this is a Koeman signing or the board?

Seems like we're just buying up players for the fun of it. :lol: Whats the point in bringing him here when you just bought Pjanic?

MTL_Barca

If it wasn't for the good ol' book balancing we could've gotten Thiago+Wijnaldum but now with Pjanic here i don't see them going for more than one new midfielder. Wijnaldum offers a different profile so makes sense as a Vidal replacement even though i'd say Thiago is by far the better player individually.

Last edited:

BADGERBHOY

If it wasn't for the good ol' book balancing we could've gotten Thiago+Wijnaldum but now with Pjanic here i don't see them going for more than one new midfielder. Wijnaldum offers a different profile so makes sense as a Vidal replacement even though i'd say Thiago is by far the better player individually.

But but that was such a fantastic deal.

Messigician

❗Bar?a wants Thiago, but Koeman wants Wijnaldum. Bar?a is pressuring Koeman to change his mind, as there has already been contact between the club and Thiago. [@altobelli13]

HUGE

Home of Barca Fans