Thiago Translantara

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
17yh3s.png

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
thiago is a boss :D he will be fine vs i would say 2/3 of la liga teams and that will give ample rest for the rotation in the mid and also good experience for him

Poor Cesc...
yup :lol: but its better if cesc stays and gets playing time and maybe actually win something for arsenal

Barcafan 2304

Yip, people say he isn't ready but you cannot prove anything til your given a chance and i think he has already shown enough to suggest he could handle the transition of starting a few games against the more mediocre Primera sides and take it from there

Onuphrius

Surely he isnt ready for huge games like clasicos and UCL semis. But come on. He is like 20 or something. Who has dominated in those games at that age? And Messi doesnt count. However he has proven himself in copa and la liga against some weaker teams. I am sure we can rely on him in la liga against teams like Gijon, Mallorca, Getafe etc. and on UCL group stage.

Superfly

Banned
Surely he isnt ready for huge games like clasicos and UCL semis. But come on. He is like 20 or something. Who has dominated in those games at that age? And Messi doesnt count. However he has proven himself in copa and la liga against some weaker teams. I am sure we can rely on him in la liga against teams like Gijon, Mallorca, Getafe etc. and on UCL group stage.

Exactly! Thiago is ready for the weaker teams as you mentioned and I think he should be given a chance against said teams, but against bigger teams, in case one of our midfielders are injured, I would take Cesc over Thiago anyday.

Onuphrius

Exactly! Thiago is ready for the weaker teams as you mentioned and I think he should be given a chance against said teams, but against bigger teams, in case one of our midfielders are injured, I would take Cesc over Thiago anyday.

And you really think Thiago would get enough minutes if Cesc comes? We would rotate Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc. Thiago would get maybe 10-20 minutes from bench every couple weeks and probably starts in copa. We all saw how great that worked out with Bojan.

Superfly

Banned
And you really think Thiago would get enough minutes if Cesc comes? We would rotate Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc. Thiago would get maybe 10-20 minutes from bench every couple weeks and probably starts in copa. We all saw how great that worked out with Bojan.

We're taking part in 6 competitions this season. Don't give me the minutes bs because we have plenty of games this season. He will start in copa games and get minutes in la liga regardless if Cesc comes. Not to mention Xavi is getting old and will have injuries.

karthik

Irrespective of whether Cesc is signed or not, one can be rest assured that, Thiago will start a minimum of 15-20 games this season. Minimum.

Yugi

something just tells me that IF somehow we dont manage to sign cesc this summer than next summer there wont be many people saying we need cesc...

Onyi

We're taking part in 6 competitions this season. Don't give me the minutes bs because we have plenty of games this season. He will start in copa games and get minutes in la liga regardless if Cesc comes. Not to mention Xavi is getting old and will have injuries.

The "6 competitions" sounds like a lot more than what we played last year, but it's a bit misleading. In truth, that's only 3 more games than what played last season, and that's assuming we'll reach the final in both the Spanish Cup and CL.

LaMessiah

Thiago is fantastic. I don't think bringing Cesc here hurts his progression... it might make it a bit slower but what's wrong with that?

Superfly

Banned
The "6 competitions" sounds like a lot more than what we played last year, but it's a bit misleading. In truth, that's only 3 more games than what played last season, and that's assuming we'll reach the final in both the Spanish Cup and CL.

It's still a lot of games. You seem to forget that Xavi is getting older and he won't be able to play as many games as we would like him too.

Onyi

It's still a lot of games. You seem to forget that Xavi is getting older and he won't be able to play as many games as we would like him too.

No, I didn't forget about his age. I just think you guys exaggerate the urgency to get another backup to justify the £40 mil price tag.

We'll play at most 3 more games than last season, but with a summer off this year (no WC) Xavi will definitely play less minutes this season than the last. On top of that we have Thiago, who's surely capable of starting against any of the bottom half teams in the league, I'm sure Xavi could get a lot more rest than what he got last year.

Home of Barca Fans