Thiago Translantara

Onuphrius

We're taking part in 6 competitions this season. Don't give me the minutes bs because we have plenty of games this season. He will start in copa games and get minutes in la liga regardless if Cesc comes. Not to mention Xavi is getting old and will have injuries.

I know there are 6 competitions. Which is pretty ridiculous, because only thing separating this season from last is CWC, which means a lot of travelling and couple more games. So basically its 4 competitions. And how many games there are in which we cant rely on Thiago to shine? Depending on copas value there are some 10-15, UCL: away quarter, semis and final (maybe on first knockout-round, depending on opposition), Liga: el clasicos, and away games against Bilbao, Villarreal, Valencia and Atletico.

I dont have anything against Cesc. In fact I will be happy to see him back in blaugrana. Problem is that I dont like the idea of paying 35m€ or something for a rotation player. And at the same time we would risk losing talented youngsters like Sergi Roberto only because we are buying players to our already stacked midfield. I fear same scenario will happen with Fontas and other youngsters if Milito leaves. We would go for some 20 odd million valued young defensive allrounder, and make Grimaldo, Muniesa, Gomez and others to wonder if there is space for them in few years.

Superfly

Banned
So we just don't buy any outsiders because of our youth and fear of them "not progressing"? Thiago is 20. Fontas is 21. Sergi Roberto is 19. Muniesa is 19. Sergi Gomez is 19. They're all young. They will have their chance, regardless of what outsiders we buy.

LaMessiah

So we just don't buy any outsiders because of our youth and fear of them "not progressing"? Thiago is 20. Fontas is 21. Sergi Roberto is 19. Muniesa is 19. Sergi Gomez is 19. They're all young. They will have their chance, regardless of what outsiders we buy.

Exactly... and remember the quote Pep made earlier in the year about Wilshere with there being less pressure on them to win titles so they could give their youngsters more important minutes. With Barca, it's not only that we're competing in all those competitions but we're the favorites in every single one of them. Every team is gunning to knock us off our pedestal and adding experienced depth is a necessity.

If these players are good enough, they will make it into the first team no matter who we bring in just maybe not as quickly as everyone would like.

Onuphrius

Nicely missing the point. Of course we should buy players if there is real need for them. Like last summers signings were all needed and therefore justified. Ibi was a bonus and good find for he's versatility. But I cant see any sound reason to buy Cesc. Last summer I hoped he'd come, but now Thiago has stepped up and I truly believe our midfield is strong enough for new season.

Z

ZiZu

Is it true Arsenal have demanded Thiago as part if the Cesc deal . I say drop the Cesc deal if that is that is the case . I believe Thiago can be a real special player .

M

mitkoa7x

Is it true Arsenal have demanded Thiago as part if the Cesc deal . I say drop the Cesc deal if that is that is the case . I believe Thiago can be a real special player .

No, its preposterous to even think such a deal could be made :rofl1:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Watching that you have to say Cesc is NOT a priority. He looks for the ball like Xavi, dribbles like Iniesta, passes like Guardiola and has the same mesmeric right footed control of Deco.

Next.

Big.

Thing.

Thiago, 4.

Barcafan 2304

Am i right in thinking that the buy-out clause in Thiago's contract is 90 million euro? The Arsenal thing is either them being stupid or a very silly rumour

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Watching that you have to say Cesc is NOT a priority. He looks for the ball like Xavi, dribbles like Iniesta, passes like Guardiola and has the same mesmeric right footed control of Deco.

Next.

Big.

Thing.

Thiago, 4.

And he has the shot of Deco on him too

Home of Barca Fans