Thiago Translantara

Co0ter

cooter hasn't seen much of thiago, of their is one thing he can do is run a midfield.if one has even been watching the friendlies with a critical eye, they would see how his games transform once iniesta is off the pitch, and he becomes much more of a proper cm

Where to begin :)

First of all, for well over a year I've been saying Thiago is our most talented youngster...during a time when everyone was balls deep in JDS saying he was the next big thing. I knew Thiago was a talent and I believe I have a very, very good idea of the type of player he is. And my friends, he is absolutely NOT the Xavi type. Just b/c he can sit back for the youth team and Barca B and pick out good passes doesn't mean he could slot into Xavi's role and do what Xavi does. He has vision with his passes but he doesn't have the same vision to move around the ball and open up the game. Sorry.

You've watched Thiago...he flourishes as an ATTACKING minded midfielder. Making him sit back and dictate the pace of the game like Xavi does would be a complete waste of his talent....and I dont care what you say, he doesn't read the game anywhere near as good as its required to boss our first team midfield. And I have watched all the friendlies...I just must have been watching a different game than you. He missed out on a lot of vertical passes/runs and he loses possession a lot. His workrate is pretty good but he needs to improve his defending/repossession considerably. Sure he's still young, but even if he improved those things a little....would you still want to have him sit back and waste his VAST amount of other qualities? The qualities that make him unique and are what his natural talent is bred to utilize? Not me.

You just said once Iniesta is off the pitch he becomes a much more proper CM...really? That says two things to me- him and Iniesta together in the midfield will never work vs top class teams and...how can you want Thiago to fills Xavi's role (Xavi is Iniesta's perfect partner) when he doesn't perform the role as well when Iniesta is on the pitch. If anything that is discouraging to me.

You can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm realistic and so is Pep. He knows Xavi is retiring soon and if Barca wants to keep winning with their unique style of beautiful possession football...they will need a new maestro...and that is not Thiago. Thiago will become a Brazilian, flair version of Iniesta. An attacking midfielder who can draw defenders, open up defenses through the midfield but offer much more of a scoring threat than Iniesta ever did.

There are only a few players I could see bossing our midfield...and Cesc is the best choice for me. Other than him I'd hope one of the youth players would take over, but the ones who are promising enough to play Xavi's role are too young and still have a long way to go.

Good night!

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead

THIAGO.jpg

Chygrinskiy21

First of all, for well over a year I've been saying Thiago is our most talented youngster...during a time when everyone was balls deep in JDS saying he was the next big thing. I knew Thiago was a talent and I believe I have a very, very good idea of the type of player he is. And my friends, he is absolutely NOT the Xavi type. Just b/c he can sit back for the youth team and Barca B and pick out good passes doesn't mean he could slot into Xavi's role and do what Xavi does. He has vision with his passes but he doesn't have the same vision to move around the ball and open up the game. Sorry.

You've watched Thiago...he flourishes as an ATTACKING minded midfielder. Making him sit back and dictate the pace of the game like Xavi does would be a complete waste of his talent....and I dont care what you say, he doesn't read the game anywhere near as good as its required to boss our first team midfield. And I have watched all the friendlies...I just must have been watching a different game than you. He missed out on a lot of vertical passes/runs and he loses possession a lot. His workrate is pretty good but he needs to improve his defending/repossession considerably. Sure he's still young, but even if he improved those things a little....would you still want to have him sit back and waste his VAST amount of other qualities? The qualities that make him unique and are what his natural talent is bred to utilize? Not me.

You just said once Iniesta is off the pitch he becomes a much more proper CM...really? That says two things to me- him and Iniesta together in the midfield will never work vs top class teams and...how can you want Thiago to fills Xavi's role (Xavi is Iniesta's perfect partner) when he doesn't perform the role as well when Iniesta is on the pitch. If anything that is discouraging to me.

You can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm realistic and so is Pep. He knows Xavi is retiring soon and if Barca wants to keep winning with their unique style of beautiful possession football...they will need a new maestro...and that is not Thiago. Thiago will become a Brazilian, flair version of Iniesta. An attacking midfielder who can draw defenders, open up defenses through the midfield but offer much more of a scoring threat than Iniesta ever did.

There are only a few players I could see bossing our midfield...and Cesc is the best choice for me. Other than him I'd hope one of the youth players would take over, but the ones who are promising enough to play Xavi's role are too young and still have a long way to go.

Good night!

You know, they said the same thing about Xavi and Iniesta, that a midfield comprised of them would never work because of lack of muscle. And indeed, that seemed to be the case. You just never know.
That said, I mostly agree with you that Cesc would complement the midfield, not disrupt it, including Thiago's progression. I don't understand what the hurry is with Cesc... Sure, it wouldn't be bad to have him, but it's not as urgent, in my opinion, as the backline. You say Xavi is retiring soon, but you have no basis. Yes, he's 31, but for a player who has never relied on pace or physique, age doesn't matter so much. On the other hand, Puyol is 2 years older, and his style relies much more on physical prowess for split second heroic tackles. Abidal is also into his 30s, and is recovering from a tumor. Yet the only rumor about the backline was just a half assed article on Thiago Silva... I'm a big fan of Pique, but he's a different kind of defender. The need for a Tarzan type to eventually replace Puyol is more imminent than that of Xavi. Fontas seems to be more like Pique's sub, and I haven't seen enough of Bartra or Muniesa to judge...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
How is it hurrying his progress if two of the best mid fielders in the world are playing ahead of him!? Not to mention the 1st sub of the team, Keita, would play ahead of him too!!

He's only the 4th choice player while there are only 2 spots available

B

blopaFCB

he's got A lot to improve.....if i was him...i would try to increase my speed and become stronger ...and work on my defensive qualities. he's got a great future ahead of him but it's not about getting there but actually keepeing yourself among the best.

jamrock

First Wrong, Secondly like most i am not foolish enough to think enough to think anyone can replace Xavi

Again Wrong, thiago has prehaps scored more goals this off season, plus he goals for spain and barca during the season, than he has done in his entire career thus far.

Of course he misses a vertical pass, can you count the amount xavi or iniesta misses in a game (if you didn't know, barca don't go around trying to pick of vertical passes, it will only hand the ball back to the opposition 7 times out of 10), what he need to pay attention to his is pass completion rate 95% pass completion rate the boy averages.

The rest will come in time.

Just Wrong.

Wrong again. why is it that people keep thinking he can replace xavi or having that debate i have said he can't for years. the only person that can come close to replacing xavi, is iniesta.( do you get what i am saying here).

Like cesc has ran the midfield against man utd,chelsea or barca, Oh he has never done that now has he. ok ok you will say the arsenal players are poor, so like he has ran the midfield for Spain whenever given the chance, oh oh he has failed epically every time he has been asked to do that hasn't he.

to dictate the pace an tempo of a game is completely different from passing an vision, my american friend.

Let me make this clear, i hate cesc, but if he comes he comes, but what really grind my gears is that people actually think he can replace Xavi, when since his days in the youth up until this very day at arsenal, he best games has come as an attacking midfield. he does not like doing the boring job of keeping the game ticking over.

i won't get into thiago he is an enigma, that talent knows very little bounds.

Yugi

pep wont be rushing him into #4 number for sure, he was just promoted it´s unlikely that he will already put that huge pressure of #4 on him

Home of Barca Fans