Thiago Translantara

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Muniesa has now contract until 2011. Gai,Thiago,Jeffren,JdS - until 2010

Yeah, Gai, Thiago & JDS have expiring youth contracts and will need to have decisions made soon.

I mentioned this elsewhere but the rumours are that Gai's agent wants assurances that he'll get first team action for '10-'11 which I believe means he will be gone.

Similar sentiments were expressed apparently by Thiago's father/agent, Mazinho, but I believe he will get it and remain...JDS, has to be a slam dunk really as he has to be a first teamer for the next season

desoe

Keeping Thiago and JDS in the club is a must-be.

About Gai I have a different opinion, judging by his performance during the summer. He's surely a very technical player, but something in him makes me feel that his hype will remain bigger than he's actually is as a player. Just like Giovani. But of course, I don't have nothing against giving him a chance, if the club don't find itself in a position of being blackmailed. Then he and his agent could fuck off and follow Gio to the EPL. (to make a huge step to Ipswich one day)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
For me, Gai is far from the finished article...I definitely feel like the hype doesn't fit the player...yet

barca96

orrr....
we can give thiago, jds and muniesa playing time when we are leading by 2 goals or so...
and rest out key players, xavi, iniesta, puyol, alvis, pique
win-win situation

Butaan4barca

orrr....
we can give thiago, jds and muniesa playing time when we are leading by 2 goals or so...
and rest out key players, xavi, iniesta, puyol, alvis, pique
win-win situation

that too wouldnt happen most of the times....as pedro and bojan both will be prefered substitues considering henry starts

Butaan4barca

but pedro and bojan are attackers not midfielders.

yes i know my friend ...i never said they were defenders or midfielders or goalkeepers...we were talking about giving youngers some playing time....my point is ...as we can only subsitute 3 players at max, you expect guardiola to give pedro and bojan more playing time ahead of others like thiago or jds...

thats what has happened in past 2,3 games....in the third subsitution we saw chyg or milito getting some playing time.....muniesa, thiago or jds ..who ever it will be, on the bence, might not be even used most of the times

Last edited:

barca96

haha sorry my mistake butaan
but....bojan and pedro are attackers, what if messi, ibra & henry is in top form?
and maybe keita is having an off day. someone(jds or thiago) might get lucky you know.
so if i was pep, i would bring at least 1 of them along for every match just in case.

FinCulé

In my opinion Henry should be benched already and Pedro should be a regular starter. I bet Henry's motivation would grow in a situation like that and he could break into starting 11 again. But who knows... But after all it's clear that Pedro has performed better than Titi this season.

Butaan4barca

haha sorry my mistake butaan
but....bojan and pedro are attackers, what if messi, ibra & henry is in top form?
and maybe keita is having an off day. someone(jds or thiago) might get lucky you know.
so if i was pep, i would bring at least 1 of them along for every match just in case.

not exactly....given that kieta starts.... in that case i assume, it is understood that iniesta will start on left side (with busequets/yaya and xavi in the midfield).. and even if kieta is takken off that will be expense off bojan or pedro again...where iniesta will fill the midfield possition and pedro/bojan will take the left flank

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
People have gone over this ridiculous amounts of times, but the fact remains that nobody wants to see Iniesta on the left flank instead of midfield. He excels the most in his natural position.

Edit: Besides, this thread is about Thiago ;)

Last edited:

jairzinho

In my opinion Henry should be benched already and Pedro should be a regular starter. I bet Henry's motivation would grow in a situation like that and he could break into starting 11 again. But who knows... But after all it's clear that Pedro has performed better than Titi this season.

i agree totally.guardiola should increase playing time of Pedro especially since his form of late has been encouraging. Titi is a legend and will go down as one of the best strikers of all time but the time has come to focus on our young talent. Titi can still contribute and can maybe even start a couple matches, but playing Pedro regularly will go long way in his development, morale etc.

Home of Barca Fans