Thiago Translantara

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Thiago would be a much better false 9 than Fabregas. Thiago is much pacier and can actually dribble.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thiago would be a much better false 9 than Fabregas. Thiago is much pacier and can actually dribble.

Not just about pace. Thiago has the flair to play the ball to his wingers making an inward run even when he is outmarked. He wouldn't score much though.

Demon17

Maestro
Not just about pace. Thiago has the flair to play the ball to his wingers making an inward run even when he is outmarked. He wouldn't score much though.

Exactly that's my point. He's great and better passer of the ball than Fabregas and even has better vision but I think Fabregas is a better finisher than Thiago so either Villa leaves or Fabregas. I'd keep Villa over Fabregas though

SoMa

I remember thiago playing false 9 in our pre season last year. he was scoring amazing goals in every game (vs Bayern, United...) tbh after that pre season i expected him to go forward a lot more and try and get a goal than he does.

XaviMessiGirl

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Checked with spanish colleague: the tally is about minutes, not games played. So I confirm Thiago Alcantara price is and will stay 18m €

Ugh, so I guess that guy quoted earlier was right.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Checked with spanish colleague: the tally is about minutes, not games played. So I confirm Thiago Alcantara price is and will stay 18m €

Ugh, so I guess that guy quoted earlier was right.

Damn.... :/

I really hope he stays. Hopefully Xavi can persuade him to stay.

R

rivaldo10

Too many people hate Fabregas lol. In my opinion he's great. And if we don't have him we wouldn't have anyone to replace Messi with (for example in small games to give him rest) Villa is leaving. False 9 isn't common and I think Fabregas can be great in that role. What do you think? Agree or Disagree?

LOL

Fabregas was bought for bullshit reason we dont need him and Thiago is better than him. Sell Fabregas back to Arsenal

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Exactly that's my point. He's great and better passer of the ball than Fabregas and even has better vision but I think Fabregas is a better finisher than Thiago so either Villa leaves or Fabregas. I'd keep Villa over Fabregas though

He also has a better shot from outside the box, the reason Fabregas scores is because he is good at making smart runs inside the box, his finishing isn't of that high standard and it especially shows in the big games. Thiago could adapt to the false 9 position easily although we are being purely hypothetical, his preferred position is midfield and that is where he should play.

Zuess99

That was one of our best games last year and Thiago was playing on the left in Pep's crazy 3-4-3 lineup: Valdes, Puyol, Abidal, Alves, Pique, Fabregas, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Thiago, Messi.
Love how messi pass through defence like cold vodka down throat.

BarcaGirl

Thiago: "Exit rumours? After the U21 European championships, we will see how things stand."

I guess, he's off to Manchester. :cry: Damn you Tito, it's all your fault. :angry:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
How in the world can it be Tito's fault? We should lynch the person responsible for accepting such ridiculous clauses in contracts. Same as for Tello, Deulofeu etc, with those awful buyout clauses and chances of them getting away for very cheap.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How in the world can it be Tito's fault? We should lynch the person responsible for accepting such ridiculous clauses in contracts. Same as for Tello, Deulofeu etc, with those awful buyout clauses and chances of them getting away for very cheap.

Yep. Absolutely pathetic to include a such clause.

Antimadridista1

Thiago: "Exit rumours? After the U21 European championships, we will see how things stand.

Ouch...
It looks done for ManU... What a shame. Probably our best midfielder after Iniesta and the future of our team is leaving for ManU ....

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans