Thiago Translantara

malvolio

@Ursegor: read the articles about the martinez deal. player wanted to move(left for munich etc) so he forced the transfer. bilbao maybe didn't want to sell but they sold him at a record transfer fee(biggest in bayern's history). we are not bilbao, we can reject a 40mil fee, hell we can even reject 100mil if it's messi. sure, if the player doesn't want to play for us anymore it will eventually come to this. but since we made him as a footballer we can play hardball and let him rot on the bench.

sailor

If he leaves he'll make an end to his sparkling career. Thiago is like a sea-fish that can't live in a fresh river water. I guess the best thing for him is to go on a one year loan before making a life-time decision.If he doesn't show any patience, he might regret it.

ceefoo

He can have all the playing time in the world at ManUtd or wherever, but he's not going to the WC.
There is no guarantee he will get more playing time at ManU. Plus he will need time to adapt to a new league/football culture/style of play/management etc. That could take as long a whole season.

If Thiago leaves, I will be very sad and angry. And then I will root for Thiago to fail miserably. As much as I like him, once he leaves Barca he means nothing to me.
:dito:

The one thing that really upsets me is that I feel that it's partially down to Xavi to take responsibility and accept that he is older and needs to rest. Xavi should step up and tell Tito that he'll play less games in order to help integrate Thiago into the squad while staying he can stay fresh for big matches. It would be for the benefit of the club but Xavi and Tito think Xavi is 23 not 33.
I wouldn't blame Xavi. He's a footballer, who loves playing football for Barcelona, and should be commended for this attitude. If Xavi is being sent out to play on painkillers then that decision should be taken out of his hands. Just because he's 33 doesn't necessarily mean he's finished, even if he did have a poor, last season, by his standards. I still believe he has a lot to offer.

He won't go to the World Cup, no matter what. Especially not if he leaves. Del Bosque is all about squad harmony which is why he keeps nominating Torres for every tournament and leaves the likes of Negredo out despite the latter performing better than the former for quite some time now. Del Bosque won't include a player who left Barcelona for his own glory when the majority of his squad is made up of Barcelona players. Imagine Thiago and his father causing disarray by demanding playing time during the World Cup campaign once he's in the squad as they are doing now at club level.

Ultimately: Who would make way for him anyway? Here is the Confed Cup squad minus Xabi Alonso:

Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool), Valdes (Barcelona); Alba (Barcelona), Albiol (Real Madrid), Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Monreal (Arsenal), Pique (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid); Busquets (Barcelona), Cazorla (Arsenal), Fabregas (Barcelona), Iniesta (Barcelona), Martinez (Bayern Munich), Mata (Chelsea), Navas (Sevilla), Pedro (Barcelona), Silva (Manchester City) Xavi (Barcelona); Torres (Chelsea), Soldado (Valencia), Villa (Barcelona)

3 goalkeepers, 3 strikers, 2 CBs + 1 CB backup, 1 LB + 1 LB backup, 1 RB + 1 RB backup. <- This is set no matter what.

That leaves us with 10 players for the midfield and wide positions. Let's see:

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas. Those 6 names are set in stone because they are either starters or close to being starters (like Fabregas who plays a lot despite not being a 100 % starter every time).

Navas will be included as well because he offers tactical variation.

Pedro as well. He's their freaking top scorer this year and deserves it for his goal against France in the qualifiers alone if nothing else.

So that leaves us with Mata and Cazorla. Both among the top players in the Premier League. Thiago would have to BLOW them away with his performances next season. Not just outperform them but BLOW them away to get their spot. Not going to happen.

And I haven't even considered Javi Martinez and Isco yet. Both would be more useful for del Bosque's team. Martinez because he can also play as a centerback if needed. Isco because he can play all 4 front positions (wide left, wide right, central, false 9). Thiago can only play centrally.
:goodpost: Excellent summation. :thumbsup2:

Thaigo's future belongs at Barca. If he cannot see that, then he's a :fool:

As I've previously stated: The grass isn't always greener, on the other side of the fence.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If Thiago leaves, I will be very sad and angry. And then I will root for Thiago to fail miserably. As much as I like him, once he leaves Barca he means nothing to me.
I personally hope we face Man Utd in a CL final and Thiago single-handedly demolish us. That way he can really rub it in Tito's and the rest of the stupid management's face.

Stric

If he leaves he'll make an end to his sparkling career. Thiago is like a sea-fish that can't live in a fresh river water. I guess the best thing for him is to go on a one year loan before making a life-time decision.If he doesn't show any patience, he might regret it.

I agree. He's perfect for Barca, and he may not be perfect for whatever other team he'd possibly go to. He might end up going elsewhere, not going to the WC, then wanting to come back to Barca because he fits here. That would suck.

There is no guarantee he will get more playing time at ManU. Plus he will need time to adapt to a new league/football culture/style of play/management etc. That could take as long a whole season.

Of course, I agree. I never said he'd get much playing time, I only said that even if he did, it wouldn't guarantee him a WC spot.

Can't be entirely sure about that, but it's wrong to go crazy and automatically assume he will definitely leave as well.

I agree, tbh. Still, Thiago's lack of playing time this season and the fact that this entire situation exists in the first place is just... :facepalm: and pisses me the fuck off, especially at Tito. This situation could easily have been avoided by Thiago deservedly getting more playing time. I don't think he's as close to leaving as some others here seem to, but there's definitely a decent chance of it happening, and I am worried. He definitely needs to be played more next season.

Last edited:

Valdivia

If he leaves, I'd rather he goes to Bayern instead of Man U. Either way, its so infuriating and I'll never forgive the Board and Coach for it. First Abi and now Thiago. Next in line, Bartra or Montoya?

Ursegor

World Champion
I agree, tbh. Still, Thiago's lack of playing time this season and the fact that this entire situation exists in the first place is just... :facepalm: and pisses me the fuck off. It could easily have been avoided by Thiago deservedly getting more playing time. I am worried, but I don't think he's as close to leaving as some others here do. He definitely needs to be played more next season though.

Everytime I read one of your posts I'm reading the same text. WTF?!

darthvader7888 post template:

"THIS ... ... ... tbh ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... pissed ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Tito ... ... ... ... ... ... though ... ... ... ... like I have said ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... can see this happening ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 4-0 Milan ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... though ... ... ... though ... ... ... ... though"

spark

I personally hope we face Man Utd in a CL final and Thiago single-handedly demolish us. .

tumblr_inline_mk2q93BWXU1qz4rgp.gif

Especially the CL final part. Hi Mazinho :wave:

AL-MALKI

Hopefully we can cash in immediately after the final maybe then our board will think of getting Isco

Xavi didn’t look good against Uruguay IMO from last season he was average and I fear we wont see the great Xavi again

CM of Iniesta, Cesc and Isco will be great for years to come

Home of Barca Fans