Thiago Translantara

raskolnikov

This kid is thinking about his footballing career rather than barca. Cesc Did it. How far of a step down is ManU from barca. Last time i checked not much. At the mo they need better CM, because that is were they are weakest

I really wonder if he will play much more at United and go to the wc.
Barca should just have promised him more playingtime, im 100% sure this would not be happening if we still had Pep.

Antimadridista1

Vilanova and Thiago met few days before Euro U21 to discuss his future. The player is determined to leave to have more playing time. [sport]

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 25 min

#MUFC target Thiago Alcantara could be ready for a move to further his World Cup ambitions. http://bit.ly/SKIFup

im 100% sure this would not be happening if we still had Pep.

This. Like I said on the other thread, if Thiago leaves, Tito should be sacked right away. Hell, Tito's the reason we have this situation to begin with, and he should be sacked for that alone imo. It's not what will happen, but it's what should happen.

He can have all the playing time in the world at ManUtd or wherever, but he's not going to the WC.

As much as I think this whole situation is Tito's fault, I agree with this. VDB won't pick him for the WC. Even if he does, he won't get a minute of playing time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Thiago leaves, I will be very sad and angry. And then I will root for Thiago to fail miserably. As much as I like him, once he leaves Barca he means nothing to me.

Antimadridista1

He can have all the playing time in the world at ManUtd or wherever, but he's not going to the WC.

This. Spain have too much midfielders for the moment and he'll not be taken by Del Bosque for the WC in Brazil.
Seriously, if he's dumb enough to leave for ManU to join his friend De Gea, I just want to tell him fuck you because he's clearly the futur of our club and it means that he understand nothing.

I love this player but if really leave I will seriously hate him even if he's one of the most talented midfield in the world.

Paganinisrvnge

Thiago has no chance right now of making the World Cup. Not even Isco who has proven himself more(obviously he's had more opportunities) is guaranteed a spot at the World Cup.

The one thing that really upsets me is that I feel that it's partially down to Xavi to take responsibility and accept that he is older and needs to rest. Xavi should step up and tell Tito that he'll play less games in order to help integrate Thiago into the squad while staying he can stay fresh for big matches. It would be for the benefit of the club but Xavi and Tito think Xavi is 23 not 33.

raskolnikov

Thiago has no chance right now of making the World Cup. Not even Isco who has proven himself more(obviously he's had more opportunities) is guaranteed a spot at the World Cup.

The one thing that really upsets me is that I feel that it's partially down to Xavi to take responsibility and accept that he is older and needs to rest. Xavi should step up and tell Tito that he'll play less games in order to help integrate Thiago into the squad while staying he can stay fresh for big matches. It would be for the benefit of the club but Xavi and Tito think Xavi is 23 not 33.

Yeah thats not going to happen, but it would be best for everyone if they made a clear plan with Thiago as Xavi's succesor with increasing minutes.
Its already to late though, I now feel its 95% certain that he will leave.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
This. Spain have too much midfielders for the moment and he'll not be taken by Del Bosque for the WC in Brazil.
Seriously, if he's dumb enough to leave for ManU to join his friend De Gea, I just want to tell him fuck you because he's clearly the futur of our club and it means that he understand nothing.

I love this player but if really leave I will seriously hate him even if he's one of the most talented midfield in the world.

Thats a very childish way of looking at it. So because he's not happy with the amount he's playing he's stupid and you hate him?

With a world cup coming up, you can completly understand if e wants to play more, and with the amount Vilanova as used him this year, its natural for a player of his talent to be frustrated, he's that good.

I would welcome him with open arms, seriously hope United make it happen.

----Carrick-----Thiago-----
---------Kagawa----------

:wub:

Yeah thats not going to happen, but it would be best for everyone if they made a clear plan with Thiago as Xavi's succesor with increasing minutes.
Its already to late though, I now feel its 95% certain that he will leave.

I don't think he's that close to leaving tbh. I do agree with the rest of what you said though.

Don't hate him, hate Tito for not giving him enough playing time.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans