Thiago Translantara

Chygrinskiy21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQG23Wxc-Q&feature=sub

post match interview.
2 things: he has virtually no trace of a Brazilian accent in his Spanish. Yes, he lived in Galicia for a while and came to Barcelona B like 5 years ago..... But I wanted him to have a bit of that Brazilian Portuguese accent for Crackovia gags, like Mourinho or Alves. Shame! Also, I guess him being so Spanish means there's almost zero chance that he'll play for the Brazilian NT (along with the fact that he's a regular for the U-21). I know a few Brazilians who will be very displeased! edit: OK, I just looked at a summary of his dad's career, and they've lived in Spain from age 3-10, and again from age 14 or 15... so it's no surprise he's more Spanish, though I think he's also eligible for Italian citizenship. Spain-Italy-Brazil... an improved version of Owen Hargreaves.
Also, why is it that the non-Catalan canteranos never speak in Catalan even when it's clear that they understand it perfectly? (Messi, Iniesta, Thiago) It took Messi and Iniesta some post-treble booze to get over their shyness and speak Catalan in public......... give Thiago some caipirinhas, goddammit!

Last edited:

ViolentLogic

To me he is more like Fabregas than Xavi or Iniesta. Well, how to put it....

Thiago has that "flair" and daring of guys like Dinho, the vision and intelligence of Xavi, and the technical brilliance of Iniesta. And he is more athletic than Fabregas, let's be real Fabs is slow as shit, LOL, I think he's slower than Xavi.

He may very well become the most "perfect" midfielder Barca have ever produced if he keeps on this rampage...... and doesn't plateau.

Natural talent, ambition, aggression, technique, as well as speed and agility.

ZOMG, ZIDANE?

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt

Thiago has that "flair" and daring of guys like Dinho, the vision and intelligence of Xavi, and the technical brilliance of Iniesta. And he is more athletic than Fabregas, let's be real Fabs is slow as shit, LOL, I think he's slower than Xavi.

He may very well become the most "perfect" midfielder Barca have ever produced if he keeps on this rampage...... and doesn't plateau.

ZOMG, ZIDANE?
Don't you dear rub shit on Xavi, Pep Guardiola, Sergi Busquets, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas' faces. He should be very happy if he reaches to their level and he has flair, technical 'brilliance' and vision and intelligence, quickness but to compare him to those? And say he is more athletic than Fabregas? :lol: :lol:

Excellent prospect. But come onnnnnnnn!

Trequartista

The good

ZOMG, ZIDANE?

I would dare to say that he has nothing common with Cesc,I doubt that he will even end up playing as an attacking midfielder,Cesc is a more of a direct midfielder who depends more on his passes,Thiago is a more of a skilled midfielder,his passes are awesome but his game is far from being dependant on passes,and by the way :lol: at Thiago being more athletic than Cesc and at Cesc Being slow,Cesc is fast for a midfielder's standards

S

Slide

Well guys...Let's just hope he won't be another Gio Dos Santos,Bojan or as it seems...Jonathan dos Santos. They've all been hailed to be on the way to appear on the world stage as some of the very best and elite. However, they've all been burned out.Thiago is amazing...I guess Xavi outweighs him in his long passing but indeed...he's a mixture of Ronaldinho and Xavi. Let's hope Guardiola knows how to raise him to greatness.

ViolentLogic

I'm not saying Thiago is better than anyone or will be better, those are hopes and dreams.

I'm saying he appears to have qualities intrinsic that are DIFFERENT than Xavi and Iniesta. Thiago, if he becomes world class will add a little different dimension to our game.

I don't think you will disagree with that assessment....

As for the best? Xavi is god and always will be.... the most consistent virtuoso the midfield has ever seen, his consistency (and thus prowess) is now beyond Pirlo at Andrea's peak, IMO..... but that is debatable (and I am a HUGE HUGE Pirlo fan).

OK edit I should say it better, I feel like in their primes Xavi will always be better for Barca and Spain system while Pirlo always better for Milan and Italy system. For long passing maybe Pirlo has the edge even.

Last edited:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I've always felt Thiago had something, more so than JDS when they were both popping up. He looked excellent in the Copa, Pep needs to give him chances in the league now. Xavi has to be rested, achilles is an awful injury. The more Thiago plays the more prepared he'll be if we do desperately need him all of a sudden.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Thanks for that piece, Kev.

But yeah, it pretty much nails the topic. Thiago is probably one of the most talented and complete players coming out of La Masia and I would sincerely never forget Rosell nor Pep if they'd let him go.

I know that some might say that Barça are not here to serve La Masia, but that La Masia is there to serve Barça. I strongly disagree with such a point of view, due to the fact that Barça and La Masia should equally serve each other to an extent. This extent should be based on the core of the team. If we clearly have an exquisite talent amidst our own ranks, why not to use it? However, this is not to say, that if there are better players for a certain position than the ones coming out of our academy, we shouldn't sign them just because of La Masia.

Xavi's not getting any younger and there unfortunately have been signs of what is to come. He won't last forever. And despite of signing Afellay, I believe Thiago could slowly start adapting to his role in our midfield. The sooner the better.

And to be honest, I wouldn't not signing Cesc. Let him stay at Arsenal. Cesc's signing would come down as an obsession, more than a signing for sporting reasons. We already have Rafa coming through ranks and training with the first team, so I'd rather Barça invest into the Alcàntara brothers.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans