Thiago Translantara

Keikoku

Cabbage
Lol this thiago saga is to redcafe what the neymar saga is to barca forum. Hope we drag it and give them sleepless nights .

Well, actually they feels excited is understandable. Just as we was when Neymar speculations wandering around the news.
But I found it's funny about all this "release clause" thing. How we can make it harder to them to get Thiago if they really want it?
I mean, if MU really interested and even already reached agreement on wages, why they didn't bid for him?
If they make a bid that reached his release clause, then all is done, right?

Butaan4barca

Is there anyone in this world who could replace Thiago well? I don't mean Cesc or other older players. I think about young talents like Thiago.

replace, ? he is yet to fix a place !!! we have a factory, there will always be a la masia gruaduate to take over mid possition.

on him, he is a great prospect no doubt. But when robertoo will stop being shy on the pitch and finally will unleash his potential. He would be great too. And the world will sing his songs.

Martindn

But I found it's funny about all this "release clause" thing. How we can make it harder to them to get Thiago if they really want it?
I mean, if MU really interested and even already reached agreement on wages, why they didn't bid for him?
If they make a bid that reached his release clause, then all is done, right?

Seems to be in a deadlock, and it not being as simple as some release clause. You are trying to convince him to stay while we are waiting on him. Not sure on this persons credidentials but hes a sports writer for ESPN.

June 22, 2013

Recommend0
Tweet0
Email
Print

By Miguel Delaney

United close in on Thiago

Thiago Alcantara is believed to be close to sealing a move to the Premier League champions, with the clubs reportedly agreeing to a 17 million-pound deal for the 22-year-old.
[B]Barcelona are making a desperate and concerted last-ditch attempt to keep Thiago Alcantara at Camp Nou and prevent a widely anticipated transfer to Manchester United.
Sources privy to the negotiations have told ESPN that the Catalan club have tried a number of "stalling tactics" with both Old Trafford officials and the player himself, in order to halt any deal and persuade the midfielder to stay.[/B] Although United still feel confident of eventually securing the purchase, they are getting "increasingly frustrated" and ideally want to have it tied up within the next seven days - especially with Chelsea and, to a lesser extent, Bayern Munich hovering.
[B]The Premier League champions have agreed personal terms with Thiago and are set to more than treble his wages, but the player’s camp are open to at least weighing up what Barcelona have to say.[/B] It is understood that the Catalans were "stunned" at the reality that the playmaker would actually go through with a move, and have been moved into sudden action. One Old Trafford source likened it to United’s reaction at the realisation that Paul Pogba was intent on leaving for Juventus.
[B]Barcelona, however, are now prepared to offer Thiago much greater guarantees and are particularly playing up the idea that he is the successor to a 33-year-old Xavi.[/B] The Spanish legend will likely play less next season, simply as a consequence of the accumulation of fixtures over the past five years as well as his age.
Thiago’s main concern at the moment is getting as much football as possible, in order to force his way into Spain’s World Cup squad. [B]As such, Barca will essentially have to come close to matching United’s assurances that the 22-year-old will be a certain starter.[/B]
[B]Any prospective transfer is also not quite so simple as the Old Trafford club just triggering his release clause to take Barcelona out of the equation[/B]. Even then, a number of terms about any deal still have to be agreed between the clubs. The Catalans have in the meantime attempted to leverage that situation, [B]while also requesting a first-refusal in the event of any transfer.[/B][/SPOILER]

I

instinct

Seriously, why does he want to go to Manu? Barca has 9 million facebook likes more than ManU, should be convincing, I guess.

khaled_a_d

replace, ? he is yet to fix a place !!! we have a factory, there will always be a la masia gruaduate to take over mid possition.

on him, he is a great prospect no doubt. But when robertoo will stop being shy on the pitch and finally will unleash his potential. He would be great too. And the world will sing his songs.

Roberto isn't anywhere near Thiago level, and he doesn't have the potential to be a star ,kid can't even play in Spain U-23 squad ,people should realize not every young La Masia kid is gonna be a star
I mean Sergi isn't even the best mid-field player in Barca B ,Rafina is,and he is the less talented of the Alcantara brother .may be Samper will be better than Thiago,but it is way too early to tell

matth_22

matth_22
Graham Hunter was on talksport earlier and he said if nothing changes, Thiago will join United, also he said that United have done personality background work on him as well.

I

instinct

The problem is, that United has a lack in their centre. I am sure that he would be guarenteed a starting spot. Here in Barca we have players like Busquets, Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta, it is hard for him to play regulary and furthermore, if you regard players like Götze, Draxler and Isco, they are all 20-21 and already play a more than important role in their team which is the main goal for Thiago to reach.

Home of Barca Fans