Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not that they don't care, I think he's honest in saying Thiago hasn't told them anything about leaving. Why would they try to convince Thiago, someone who hasn't said they are leaving, to stay? (Assuming that's truly the case). Now, remember how papers kept saying that Since Thiago and United had come to an agreement, Thiago would then announce barca he's leaving ? It seems Thiago is about to give thm the news of him leaving.

I understand what you are saying, but with all the rumors flying around, come on Barca management, being a little more proactive won't kill you.

If these folks are getting paid just to sit there doing nothing and waiting to be informed of his decision to leave for Manchester United, and then say "OK, got it. Adios amigo!", I can do that with a lot less money. ;)

ShandyFFM

Im pretty sure Thiago will leave and go to Bayern. There are some big reasons why he could go there.

1. Pep Guardiola
2. Last year during the Audi Cup Bayern were interested in him and saw his potential. Although there was first contact with Pep.
3. With a player like Thiago Pep could change the style Bayern plays to a more suitable style he knows better/ the posession game. Although this might give him more options to play with a false 9.
4. Big money and more gametime because Bayern plays with 5 in the Midfield and Thiago can play as CDM or ZMD or AMD so he could rotate in every position with him.

Martindn

I think on our front earliest we will hear something will be friday, at the presser. If all that is holding it up is the buyback clause then i think we have got him would have no problem with that he would be 100% starter anyway. If hes 50/50 about leaving then he will stay. Knowing our luck though can see moyes now saying "Thiago? Who the fuck is Thiago, get me Leon Osman!"

I think on our front earliest we will hear something will be friday, at the presser. If all that is holding it up is the buyback clause then i think we have got him would have no problem with that he would be 100% starter anyway. If hes 50/50 about leaving then he will stay. Knowing our luck though can see moyes now saying "Thiago? Who the fuck is Thiago, get me Leon Osman!"

you guys have a press conference scheduled for friday? have no doubts he will be announced then. I don't see why a simple clause should take that long to be figured out.

Martindn

you guys have a press conference scheduled for friday? have no doubts he will be announced then. I don't see why a simple clause should take that long to be figured out.

Yep scheduled for friday, i think the same too it shouldn't and it likely wont be a problem, it is whether he truly wants to leave which is anyones guess really. Anyone know what is the consensus on the barca/spanish paper end? We perceived it to be that they knew he was leaving a long time ago, but the story changes every day in sport/md.

mixer

Man United sources say that a deal for Thiago is very close. Transfer could be announced at Moyes' first press conference on Friday. [espn]

nooooooo

Martindn

Man United sources say that a deal for Thiago is very close. Transfer could be announced at Moyes' first press conference on Friday. [espn]

nooooooo

I read that too, shame Espn arent as reliable as they used to be.

Full article
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/218109.html

United 'very close' to Thiago deal

ESPN staff
July 2, 2013

Manchester United sources have stated to ESPN that a deal for Thiago Alcantara is now "very close", as the club feel the situation has taken a positive turn over the past few days.
One Old Trafford official admitted that the process had often been frustrating and likened it to the negotiations for Wesley Sneijder in 2011.
The difference is that there is now a much stronger sense that the move for the Barcelona midfielder will end up successful. There is a tentative hope that they may even be able to announce the transfer at David Moyes' first press conference as United boss.
Spanish newspaper Sport reported on Monday that one of the remaining stumbling blocks was Thiago requesting a similar contract clause to that which he has at Barcelona, whereby he would be allowed to leave for a set fee if he did not make a required number of appearances - it is understood this clause is indeed being sought.
Moyes, meanwhile, has been particularly vocal behind the scenes about pushing the transfer through. Additionally, the most recent soundings from the player's camp have been much more positive than at any point over the previous ten days.
Barcelona, however, are still holding out some hope that they can convince the player to stay. On Tuesday, spokesman Toni Freixa said: "There's no news [regarding Thiago]. He has a contract and didn't say anything, so he's still a Barca player now."
Despite United's new confidence, there is still also an element of trepidation due the fact this is a new regime at Old Trafford and because of the club's recent history of missing out on big targets at similar points in negotiations.
In the past few summers, United thought they had secured deals for Sneijder, Mesut Ozil, David Silva and Karim Benzema only for each move to collapse late on. This time, however, United feel they "couldn't possibly have done more" - from clauses to wages.
Elsewhere, Moyes is understood to now have a much more open attitude to keeping Wayne Rooney, despite Sir Alex Ferguson's apparent keenness to see him leave Old Trafford. The duo are set to meet on Tuesday.
The new United boss does also retain interest in both Benfica's Ezequiel Garay and PSV Eindhoven's Kevin Strootman, although neither deal is as advanced as has been reported elsewhere.
PSV's sporting director Marcel Brands actually insisted on Tuesday that the Dutch club would resolve to keep the midfielder. "We do not want to lose Strootman this summer. He knows that he will stay at PSV for another season," Brands told De Telegraaf.
Should United agree a deal with the player himself, however, it is understood that PSV would not stand in his way. Moyes is also an admirer of Garay and, in a somewhat surprise move, will monitor the club's centre-back situation over the course of his first month in the job.
It is also expected that United will go back in for Leighton Baines, after an opening bid of around £10-12 million was rejected by Everton.

Yep scheduled for friday, i think the same too it shouldn't and it likely wont be a problem, it is whether he truly wants to leave which is anyones guess really. Anyone know what is the consensus on the barca/spanish paper end? We perceived it to be that they knew he was leaving a long time ago, but the story changes every day in sport/md.
According to Bartomeu, one of barca's directors, Thiago has not told them he wants to leave (maybe b.c he's on vacation and hasn't spoken to them yet). I think he wants to agree everything with united first and then he will announce the club he's leaving. There is no doubt in anyone's mind ( papers, some hard die barca fans reporters) that Thiago wants to leave and will leave.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
If he ends up leaving, which is 99% sure it'll happen, our board and management will once again look like a bunch of idiots... Not only for letting him go, which is bad enough in itself, but also for acting like they knew nothing about it... First they forget about the exit clause in his contract and then they act like nothing has happened when the player triggers it... Are the people in charge of the club aware of what's going on in the club at all?

Martindn

According to Bartomeu, one of barca's directors, Thiago has not told them he wants to leave (maybe b.c he's on vacation and hasn't spoken to them yet). I think he wants to agree everything with united first and then he will announce the club he's leaving. There is no doubt in anyone's mind ( papers, some hard die barca fans reporters) that Thiago wants to leave and will leave.

Well i hope so, just once it would be good to get a target we desperately needed. Would be bad for both of us i think if he wanted to leave to go to bayern :wub:

You know i am really surprised after spains performance in confed final, that your directors aren't doing everything they can to keep him, Xavi has been overplayed might not have much left in tank after next season.

Well i hope so, just once it would be good to get a target we desperately needed. Would be bad for both of us i think if he wanted to leave to go to bayern :wub:

You know i am really surprised after spains performance in confed final, that your directors aren't doing everything they can to keep him, Xavi has been overplayed might not have much left in tank after next season.
you can't keep a player who doesn't want to be here. No one can promise Thiago that he will be a starter here. I'm actually amazed Manchester are offering him a spot as a starter. I don't know of many (actually any) club that can promise a player that he will be a starter. I don't see him going to Bayern simply b.c they have too many midfielders there.

Martindn

you can't keep a player who doesn't want to be here. No one can promise Thiago that he will be a starter here. I'm actually amazed Manchester are offering him a spot as a starter. I don't know of many (actually any) club that can promise a player that he will be a starter. I don't see him going to Bayern simply b.c they have too many midfielders there.

I really dont know if we would be stupid enough to promise guaranteed starting no matter what, would set a dangerous precedent. We likely said something like you'll be in the first team and be played barring injury/fitness/form, him asking for the same clause that you guys gave him might be a sign we did not guarantee it.

I guess we are just lucky our midfield is not so good, one of the only bigger teams in europe who could realistically give thiago the guaranteed starting spot.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If they are going to announce him joining ManU on Friday, and if what Bartomeu said was true that he has not informed Barca of his decision to leave, then I must say this kid needs to take a class on manners and professionalism. You don't keep your club/employer in the dark until the day before you jump ship, you just don't do that.

Adios kiddo.

Martindn

If they are going to announce him joining ManU on Friday, and if what Bartomeu said was true that he has not informed Barca of his decision to leave, then I must say this kid needs to take a class on manners and professionalism. You don't keep your club/employer in the dark until the day before you jump ship, you just don't do that.

Adios kiddo.

All sources seem to indicate that is true, thiago not informing barca of anything, talk about burning bridges.

ESPN have received backing from El Mundo Deportivo with their suggestion on Tuesday that Manchester United have all but wrapped up the signing of Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona.
El Mundo Deportivo cite the ESPN claim that Spain Under-21 star Thiago could be unveiled along with David Moyes at a Manchester United press conference on Friday.
However, the Catalan paper believes that negotiations between Barcelona and Manchester United are still to take place over the future of Thiago Alcantara.
Since it is simply a case of activating a release clause, there may not be a great deal Barcelona about preventing a speedy resolution to this transfer saga.
Toni Freixa, Barcelona spokesman and secretary, did announce on Tuesday, that the Catalan giants have not heard from Thiago Alcantara since he starred for Spain Under-21s at the recent European Championships in Israel.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, talks between Thiago’s father Mazinho and Manchester United briefly broke down with the player unsure about working with new boss David Moyes.
Sir Alex Ferguson was keen on signing Thiago for two seasons, but the midfielder had to weigh up whether to join a new coach at Old Trafford.
Mazinho has been given assurances that Thiago will get regular playing time and this has cleared any doubts up, meaning Manchester United look likely to get their man.

Sack moyes

Edit: Thinking on it, its possible he still has not decided whether to stay or go, and is yet to inform barca of that decision?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
All sources seem to indicate that is true, thiago not informing barca of anything, talk about burning bridges.

ESPN have received backing from El Mundo Deportivo with their suggestion on Tuesday that Manchester United have all but wrapped up the signing of Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona.
El Mundo Deportivo cite the ESPN claim that Spain Under-21 star Thiago could be unveiled along with David Moyes at a Manchester United press conference on Friday.
However, the Catalan paper believes that negotiations between Barcelona and Manchester United are still to take place over the future of Thiago Alcantara.
Since it is simply a case of activating a release clause, there may not be a great deal Barcelona about preventing a speedy resolution to this transfer saga.
Toni Freixa, Barcelona spokesman and secretary, did announce on Tuesday, that the Catalan giants have not heard from Thiago Alcantara since he starred for Spain Under-21s at the recent European Championships in Israel.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, talks between Thiago’s father Mazinho and Manchester United briefly broke down with the player unsure about working with new boss David Moyes.
Sir Alex Ferguson was keen on signing Thiago for two seasons, but the midfielder had to weigh up whether to join a new coach at Old Trafford.
Mazinho has been given assurances that Thiago will get regular playing time and this has cleared any doubts up, meaning Manchester United look likely to get their man.

Sack moyes

Edit: Thinking on it, its possible he still has not decided whether to stay or go, and is yet to inform barca of that decision?

Is he really that indecisive? Unlikely. You don't start negotiations with another team, going so far as almost wrapping up the deal when you haven't made up your mind where you want to be. All signs are pointing to him leaving.

What I am wondering is if there has been any talk between the kid and our club, or anything between ManU and our club. Even though it could be as easy as ManU showing up on Thursday at Camp Nou and dropping 18 millions euros plus tax on Rosell's desk because they simply have to activate the buyout clause, it is still not nice for the kid not to inform Barca until the last minute.

Home of Barca Fans