Thiago Translantara

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
It's worth remembering that it's impossible for a club to be "loyal" to everyone

the whole reason Thiago is not playing is because the club is "loyal" to Xavi

First off, he missed 10 weeks because of an injury. People forget the fact that he came into the year injured, he never really got into form until the very end of the season.

Tito was very sick at the time and he didn't rotate well. Roura was in no position to rotate, he was in over his head the whole time leading the first team.

It was definitely a tough situation the whole year.

raskolnikov

Just a spoiled money hungry player, like 9/10 players nowadays.
If he cant have patience and long term vision then leaving is the best option.

Centrocampista23

Do we take into account how Wenger offered Cesc a professional working contract @ the age of 16 when Barcelona wasn't allowed to because of Spanish Laws concerning workers under the age of 18? Cesc was never supposed to leave but we couldn't offer him a professional working contract when he was 16. The preyed on a young vulnerable kid.

It's a dirty under-handed club tactic that English clubs love to employ to poach young talent.
I don't disagree. But when they signed Cesc it wasn't as big a deal as you might imagine (not sure how old you are), he was just a kid. The backlash started 2-3 years later when it became obvious he was more than just a young talent and he could cut it with the pros

Centrocampista23

Thiago isn't playing? Over 100 caps in 2 seasons despite having a 10 week injury lay-off suggests otherwise.
well, Tito failed to meet Thiago's 60% quota in the 2012/13 season. subbing him in for 10 minutes doesn't count

by the way, United are going through a similar situation these days themselves, with Rooney. it's obvious he's money hungry (despite his 250k+ pounds per week contract) and doesn't want to be at the club anymore (especially if they ask him to take a pay cut). and it's the second time he's asked to leave. it's not worth getting angry in these situations, just accept that the club is better off with players who actually want to be there and move on

Last edited:

Jenks

What do you mean by clubs aren't loyal (or for that matter, loyal) to players? Giving them as much playing time as they want?

I mean that if a player can't offer the club what they want then they'll get rid of him without a second thought, yet somehow when the roles are reversed that is not OK.

B

beautifulgame

I mean that if a player can't offer the club what they want then they'll get rid of him without a second thought, yet somehow when the roles are reversed that is not OK.

This. Many of you club nationalists need heed this.

Antigun

I don't disagree. But when they signed Cesc it wasn't as big a deal as you might imagine (not sure how old you are), he was just a kid. The backlash started 2-3 years later when it became obvious he was more than just a young talent and he could cut it with the pros
Cesc was already one of the 3 shining stars of that youth team when he was poached. At that point of time, Cesc was seen as a bigger talent than Messi himself. If it is not a big deal whether signing a bright young talent and a normal talent, why don't Wenger recruit some local kids and turn them into world class level?

Martindn

What if Guardiola is ready to make promises? He's someone he knows and trusts unlike David Moyes. I still don't believe that Thiago will join us. We always fail on these kind of transfers. Lucas, Hazard, Nasri, Coentrao, Varane and Sneijder just to name a few.

I feel you man, all these transfers though had reasons, using them as an example is wrong to do unless they have similarities, most of these wanted excessive wages and we had to fight with money rich clubs at the time. Like look at hazard, he is on £185,000 a week at chelsea and he was only 21 years old, similar to nasri we had agreed a deal and he was desperate to join then city offered him more and paid the requested agent fee.

If anything thiago is similar to de gea, we had a big gap in goalkeeper at the time just as we do now in midfield, there is no comparable club who can sign a player like this as we have the weakest midfield thiago has the choice whether to leave or go here - its not just down to some competing team just offering them more money.

The one thing that is worrying though, david moyes as you said, i just hope if that meeting with mazinho is true he made a good impression.

Think we will all know more tommorow at press conference, i dont think hes made his choice yet so wont be a denial or unveiling, but we will get some knowledge.

Home of Barca Fans