Thiago Translantara

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
you are going to have to compete with us

If we keep Thiago, we have no reason to buy Gundogan.

Why do you guys need an AM anyway? Kagawa is an excellent CAM, Rooney is solid there as well, Cleverly can play the really crappy teams to give them rest... You guys need a DM like Strootman or Wanyama in my opinion...

Martindn

He would play CM next to carrick. Carrick is kinda of a mix of playmaker/DM, hes had to do it all himself for years.

CatalinR10

My reaction to this whole Thiago Saga.

whatever_guy_meme_postkarte-r5217bc183c3f455cbb761c86cdcae236_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

ldb198

Here is my speculation:
- I agree if this was all rumor Thiago would have said something by now to put it to rest- so something is dragging this out. There was talk of him going to BM with Pep-. I think Thiago wants to make a switch to play more but MU is not where his heart really is. I think he was hanging out hoping that BM would work out- but the talk of that seems to have died down-so it probably didn't(or is a very slight chance if at all).I think the real reason he was holding off MU once he knew barca won't budge was for BM. I think he would rather be with Pep if he has to move at all. I think he feels he won't play at fcb anymore this year so wants to move but the thought of living in raining England is not exciting for him. If he signs 5 years that is the22-27 years of his life- suppose to be some of best years. So I see why he says he loved Barca the city and will miss it.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
-----------Chicharito----------
----Rooney---Kagawa---RVP---
-------Carrick--Strootman-----

Seems like quite a good midfield to me. In the double pivot, Carrick is the ticking engine, alternating between quick, simple short passes and long balls to Chicharito. Strootman plays the more physical, box-to-box role, making runs into space that would undoubtedly be created by the front four and scoring goals. Alternatively, you can put Rooney up top and play any of Valencia, Young, Nani or Zaha at right wing.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Moyes has been previously quoted as refusing to discuss transfers of players that are property of another club, you'd be foolish to think Moyes was going to break that stance the first day on the job at Old Trafford...Wouldn't surprise me if the press corps were briefed in advance of questions that were off limits - Thiago was most certainly near the top of that list

We'll see, I still maintain it'll be a big loss if he leaves and while there are valid criticisms that can be levied against the player & his father, he's an immense talent who has been a cantera jewel...He's 22, let's not draw everlasting conclusions on the character of a player because Xavi, Iniesta et al are demi gods...I believe he loves the club, I believe he hasn't been given a lot of confidence by the coaching staff that dates back to ahead of Cesc's signing...One could easily argue that had Fabregas remained at Arsenal, Thiago would be pretty close to breaking into that rotation for La Roja like Isco has

That being said, only players that want to fight for the shirt should stay...If he choose to bolt, best of luck to him but it'll need to happen sooner than later...Glad to hear the rumours of an 'ultimatum' to the player, shit or get off the pot as they say

This guy thinks he's the next Ronaldinho or something. He wants to go to a top club but he wants to be assured he will play. Aren't you suppose to gain a spot in the first team by your work? His pride will be his downfall. How The heck can top teams promise you the minutes you want? I hope to :wave: goodbye soon. If he's stays, I wouldn't be surprised if he's booed by some of the fans.

mittchan82

I want him to stay but the way he is acting with this situation, I'm losing patience. I just want this shizzle to be over with.

Centrocampista23

That's not exactly true. The reason Thiago has played less than Xavi is because currently Xavi is a better player. That and Thiago having injuries, when he has been available Thiago played 55% of the Liga minutes which is a reasonable amount.
then why didn't Thiago start in every game at the end of the season when the title was already won, making sure his contract was fulfilled? Obviously Xavi is one of the best players in the world and the club/manager showed their loyalty to him by playing him even when there was no need to. in other words, they took Thiago for granted, possibly thinking that he'd stay no matter what

I like both Utd and Barca, but a contract is a contract. and, as you say, Xavi is the better player (even if he needs to play less these days), so why should Thiago stay when it's obvious he's not going to be a starter anytime soon? I've said before that if he did have patience and stayed at Barca for a couple more years until Xavi was demoted to the bench, it'd be the best thing for his career in the long term. But right now he's eager to play and Barca can't offer him that (at least not to the degree he wants)

Last edited:

raskolnikov

How does he love Barca? he obviously doesnt give a shit about the club, he only cares about himself, lets not act like he is Totti.
Thiago should stay knowing he will take over from Xavi in 1/2 years and he will be bossing midfield for the following 8 years while also making many appearences for Spain. His target should be several cl's and euro 16 and wc 18, not 14 and big quick money.

I

instinct

Bayern showed us how important it is to rotate more. Every player was satisfied and they won't lose important players next season.
Further, the quality of Bayern's play was almost the same as with the starters.
Thiago is a diamond and he is one of the young players who deserve playing time more than others. I can understand him.

Home of Barca Fans