Thiago Translantara

S7_MUFC

So Bayern actually paid 70-80M for Martinez? Yeah, right..
The Whole idea is based on some speculative article written when aguero was still at Athletico and chelsea were trying to sign him, The article was written well before martinez's move to Bayern and I'm yet to see this issue picked up by the media...

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I read that ManU does not want to pay the buyout clause because of those taxes. They want to sit together with Barca to find a concrete sum for Thiago. Would be good for us because we would get more money (Yes, I want him to stay but I don't think, he will)

If Man Utd want to pay a lower fee than what the buyout clause + taxes would get us then Barca should tell them to fuck off, we ain't negotiating shit. If we can get them to pay more, then even better.

Valdivia

Thiago should look at it this way. This is the best midfield trio in the world, with 2 of the best in history, and he is an immediate successor to one of them. No player in the world can walk his way into our midfield. This season is the start of a new Barca with decline of Xavi. He will be a big part of it.

Banana-Rama

If Man Utd want to pay a lower fee than what the buyout clause + taxes would get us then Barca should tell them to fuck off, we ain't negotiating shit. If we can get them to pay more, then even better.

barca won't see a penny of the tax that gets added on, they'll still only get the buyout clause amount, seems better for both sides if barca agree at 20 million euros or something, they get more money and united don't have to pay all that tax, i have no idea if the tax thing is true tho...

Maria

Just a spoiled money hungry player, like 9/10 players nowadays.
If he cant have patience and long term vision then leaving is the best option.

If he would have been a "spoiled money hungry player", he would have left when he was 16 y.o. like many of our youth players did(and he had more offers than anyone at La Masia bar Messi or Deulofeu).

Interesting to read this thread from 2 years ago. Here it begins: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/314-11-Thiago-Alcantara?p=598394&viewfull=1#post598394

This guy nailed it 2 years ago.

He really didn't nailed especially when he doesn't say how Thiago has been offered a lot of deals from other clubs since he was 16 and he refused them, how he was sent by Pep at the B team in 2010-2011 season and he didn't said a word, how Cesc renewed his contract even though he knew that Barca wanted him and how recently, when many of our players were asked at which team they would never play, Cesc was the only one that didn't say that he would never play at RM.

And another thing..Pep also said that he had more faith in Thiago than his father, but I guess that this didn't fit Meta's narative. But I guess I just have a big problem taking this guy seriously after he said that we would have won the CL if Messi wouldn't had been injured this year.

barca won't see a penny of the tax that gets added on, they'll still only get the buyout clause amount, seems better for both sides if barca agree at 20 million euros or something, they get more money and united don't have to pay all that tax, i have no idea if the tax thing is true tho...

They don't really care about that..they just want to see MU pay a lot of money.

Thiago should look at it this way. This is the best midfield trio in the world, with 2 of the best in history, and he is an immediate successor to one of them. No player in the world can walk his way into our midfield. This season is the start of a new Barca with decline of Xavi. He will be a big part of it.

This was the best midfiled trio until the game against Santos..but since then Xavi hasn't been the same(with the exception if the EC final maybe) and Thiago still wasn't given playing time even after we won La Liga. Plus Xavi goes around and says that he feels like a youngster and wants to play every 3 days. At this point Thiago would be stupid if he wouldn't even consider going to another club..

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

If he would have been a "spoiled money hungry player", he would have left when he was 16 y.o. like many of our youth players did(and he had more offers than anyone at La Masia bar Messi or Deulofeu).

He really didn't nailed especially when he doesn't say how Thiago has been offered a lot of deals from other clubs since he was 16 and he refused them, how he was sent by Pep at the B team in 2010-2011 season and he didn't said a word, how Cesc renewed his contract even though he knew that Barca wanted him and how recently, when many of our players were asked at which team they would never play, Cesc was the only one that didn't say that he would never play at RM.

And another thing..Pep also said that he had more faith in Thiago than his father, but I guess that this didn't fit Meta's narative. But I guess I just have a big problem taking this guy seriously after he said that we would have won the CL if Messi wouldn't had been injured this year.

They don't really care about that..they just want to see MU pay a lot of money.

so if united offer 25 million euro, are you telling me barca will walk away from an extra 7/8 million euro just out of spite, cannot see that myself, this is business not kids in the playground...

Maria

so if united offer 25 million euro, are you telling me barca will walk away from an extra 7/8 million euro just out of spite, cannot see that myself, this is business not kids in the playground...

I'm not talking about Barca..I'm talking about the cules from this forum who are so loyal to their jobs that they would refuse an offer from a firm that offers them better conditions and more money.

raskolnikov

I changed my opinion from only blaming Tito and Rosell, I feel its a dick move to get educated and paid a lot of money in Barceklona and then jump ship at the first good possibility, its so selfish.
In my eyes he is just a mercenary, nothing more.

Mr Hulot

I'm not talking about Barca..I'm talking about the cules from this forum who are so loyal to their jobs that they would refuse an offer from a firm that offers them better conditions and more money.

Maybe they these cules don't agree with you saying that football clubs are exactly like big companies and that players feel just like employers. In my opinion there is room for loyalty in football bigger than in most professions.

Martindn

I changed my opinion from only blaming Tito and Rosell, I feel its a dick move to get educated and paid a lot of money in Barceklona and then jump ship at the first good possibility, its so selfish.
In my eyes he is just a mercenary, nothing more.

Do you remember the rumors of Thiago being up for sale before our recent interest? Ever since it came out he might be leaving there has been an increase of accusations of mercenary etc may be really good damage control from barca to put the blame onto him. Best to judge when you get the full story when he resigns/leaves.

Home of Barca Fans