Thiago Translantara

serghei

Pep's plan is clear.He was to make the revolution and play without defense

Ribery- Shaqiri-Gotze-Thiago-Kroos-Schweinsteiger-Martinez-Gustavo -Muller-Robben :pep:
-------------------------------------Neuer

Why worry about defense? With that line-up you could play offside trap. ;)

jklz

Maybe Thiago will play against us in a couple of weeks when Barça faces Bayern in the pre-season friendlies :lol:

Superfly

Banned
Are people actually trying to justify that Neymar is better than Ribery when he's clearly not? Wow. Anyways this is the Thiago thread so I'll stop before it gets derailed.

kollegah

fuck this shit we got messi,neymar, iniesta, xavi, busi in one team, they eat bayern midfield plus attack for breakfast-> iniesta better than every bayern midfielder, leo no coment, neygoat better than robben and ribery, busi no comment, only schwein can atm compete with xavi, but xavi is still superior, because hes xavi and eats football with a aspoon

Meitux

The problem starts with the pressing. With Pep, we won a lot of balls back in the opponent's first half. Meaning that we caught the opponent with less then 10 people behind the ball. The problem is we don't do pressing anymore. When we did, we won 4-0.

Why we don't do pressing anymore:

1. Our players are tired. Tito wants and tells them to do pressing but they don't run because... well... physically, they can't do it.
2. Tito thinks pressing isn't necessary. The players don't do pressing because they are told not to by Villanova.
3. Pressing is a sign of commitment and maximum motivation. Players don't to pressing anymore cause they're not willing to work hard on the field and expect matches to be won automatically, just by showing and putting on some boring slow-pace tiki-taka show. A sign of arrogance combined with lack of motivation.

So, there are three variables that Tito and his staff should have taken care off:

The players must be physically fit to play, the players must be hungry for succes and the players must be given proper instructions. None of these 3 conditions were supplyed in last years CL Campaign.
I go with 3.It seems the most realistic right now and it actually may be happening

I

instinct

Ribery - gotze - robben

Thiago. Bastian
Martinez

Hm, this seems logical but I wonder why Bayern wanted to buy Lewandowski? If they had got him, they would have had 3 strikers (him, Mandzukic and Pizarro) but why 3 strikers when you play Götze as a false 9 without any striker?

Further, I don't think that Müller will warm the bench after this great season. Him instead of Robben would be good but if Pep plans to play with a striker, one of those players will have to warm the bench and I don't see Schweini, Martinez, Ribery or Müller warm the bench. So I think, that Pep will convert Martinez into a CB. Don't know if it is a good idea, but IMO he should let Martinez play where he was the BEST CDM in the world last season (sorry Busi)

ebc_99

Thiago will stay, why would he leave Barca to go to Munich? They were great last season but that does not mean anything this season, there are no guarantees in football. I could see Bayern struggle to reach the heights of last year and Barca get back on top. Bayern are greater than the sum of their parts and that is what makes them a great team but with a new coach the balance may not be there anymore. I still think Barca are the best bet for Champions League this season and for Thiago in the long term.

Alot of people seem to be underestimating Barca, this is by far the most pessimistic bunch of fans I have ever come across. I am very confident in the team and Tito, I would also have Neymar over Ribery, the Frenchman is better now but that won't last long.

Gaudi

The problem starts with the pressing. With Pep, we won a lot of balls back in the opponent's first half. Meaning that we caught the opponent with less then 10 people behind the ball. The problem is we don't do pressing anymore. When we did, we won 4-0.

Why we don't do pressing anymore:

1. Our players are tired. Tito wants and tells them to do pressing but they don't run because... well... physically, they can't do it.
2. Tito thinks pressing isn't necessary. The players don't do pressing because they are told not to by Villanova.
3. Pressing is a sign of commitment and maximum motivation. Players don't to pressing anymore cause they're not willing to work hard on the field and expect matches to be won automatically, just by showing and putting on some boring slow-pace tiki-taka show. A sign of arrogance combined with lack of motivation.

So, there are three variables that Tito and his staff should have taken care off:

The players must be physically fit to play, the players must be hungry for succes and the players must be given proper instructions. None of these 3 conditions were supplyed in last years CL Campaign.

Agred, one of thoose 3 is the answer, probably combination of all...trouble is, I don't see that changing this year

xxxxxx

fuck this shit we got messi,neymar, iniesta, xavi, busi in one team, they eat bayern midfield plus attack for breakfast-> iniesta better than every bayern midfielder, leo no coment, neygoat better than robben and ribery, busi no comment, only schwein can atm compete with xavi, but xavi is still superior, because hes xavi and eats football with a aspoon

Xavi hasn't been at his best for some time (and won't get back to his best), Busquets isn't the best at defending, Neymar is unproven in Europe. The only 2 points I agree with is Messi and Iniesta, so our attack doesn't destroys theirs. You actually sound like Tito, because that's that kind of talk that made us get hammered by Bayern last season.

Meitux

You must be kidding...in what world can you compare one player with a whole midfield?And can i can ensure you that Bayerns midfielder worked way better tha ours last season.It may be Iniesta but he cant defend neither Xavi who besides that seems to be aging..And from the moment Neymar hasnt play for Barcelona you cant know.Ribery has proved himself over and over again.Right now if you wanna have balance in your midfield its pretty much you need DM and a box to box...

Gaudi

Thiago will stay, why would he leave Barca to go to Munich? They were great last season but that does not mean anything this season, there are no guarantees in football. I could see Bayern struggle to reach the heights of last year and Barca get back on top. Bayern are greater than the sum of their parts and that is what makes them a great team but with a new coach the balance may not be there anymore. I still think Barca are the best bet for Champions League this season and for Thiago in the long term.

Alot of people seem to be underestimating Barca, this is by far the most pessimistic bunch of fans I have ever come across. I am very confident in the team and Tito, I would also have Neymar over Ribery, the Frenchman is better now but that won't last long.

I don't think many are actually underestimating Barca, club that wins league, plays semis in CL is GREAT club...it's just that we were considered as the best, by some best ever, now many are not that sure anymore. But it's not like Barca will finish 4th in the league and drop out before winter in CL

I

instinct

IMO, Schweinsteiger is superior to Xavi. I'm really sad to say this but Schweini is an allrounder and much more efficient in the midfield for Bayern than Xavi for us. Schweini can pass, can shoot, can defend, he is a leader, he has vision, he can read the game, he opens the game.

Xavi can pass and he is a leader. Tbh, his game-reading and game-opening has lost so much efficency over the past years. He doesn't risk anything anymore. He only passes to the wingers instead of risking a pass to Leo through the opponent's defence.

Meitux

I don't think many are actually underestimating Barca, club that wins league, plays semis in CL is GREAT club...it's just that we were considered as the best, by some best ever, now many are not that sure anymore. But it's not like Barca will finish 4th in the league and drop out before winter in CL
We have Messi,thats the difference with everybody.Imagine this squad we have right now without Messi,how would it be?

Home of Barca Fans